Widgets Magazine

Thread: Journey - One Hot Ticket

1. Default Journey - One Hot Ticket

wow, if anyone has extra Journey tix, put them on Ebay..

They are going close to $300 a pair...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

2. Default Re: Journey - One Hot Ticket

That was ONE awesome concert.. I've never seen the Zoo this packed. The bad thing was even getting into the ampitheater.. we stood in line for at least 45 min just to get it!

At that point, I was wishing I had bought VIP tickets just to get in, but afterwards, all the VIP people came out because they couldn't see and stood next to us! So, I was glad I bought 4 GA tickets and ended up selling the other two.

Free concert and cash for beer, doesn't get much better than that.

Heart was incredible.. they sounded just like they did years ago.. awesome.

And oh my goodness, Arnel Pineda rocked the house... unreal.. sounded just like Journey in their heyday and I couldn't tell the difference between him and Steve Perry at all.

I bet they'll be back.. Oklahoma loved them!

Default Re: Journey - One Hot Ticket

I am so jealous. I wanted to take my kids but never dreamed they would be sold out. We were so bummed when we went to buy tickets last week and there weren't any. I was hoping you would say that the concert sucked and we didn't miss much.

4. Default Re: Journey - One Hot Ticket

oh I'm so sorry!

You should see the pics of the crowds.. I heard they released about 100 tickets yesterday and were sold out in minutes. Who knew.

Now, we know for next year and we'll get tix early.

Yes we will. I just had never had a problem before walking up the day of the concert and buying the tickets. I told my daughter you said the show sucked. Unfornutaley for me she is a member here and read your post. She's jealous too.

It was one of the best selling shows at the Zoo. I was amazed at the line to get in. Heard it went all the way to Remington park. Thank god I didn't have to stand in that line.

Saw Heart last year, they put on a longer show. I especially enjoyed their Led Zeppelin encore last year. Was looking forward to it again this year, but they only played 1 Zep song.

Arnel was more polished than the videos I saw of their concert overseas. He sounded good, I doubt Steve Perry can hit those high notes anymore. The backing vocals were impressive too. I don't know where you were, but there were times the crowd was singing louder than the band.

Going to see Mellencamp tonight. Not a big fan, but the tickets were free. Gawd, sometimes I just love my part-time job.

Bill

7. Default Re: Journey - One Hot Ticket

Journey, Heart, Cheap Trick wow 10,000 fans at Zoo

A potent brew of crowd-pleasing hits, dynamic showmanship and bone-rattlingly loud rock 'n' roll cast a spell on the Zoo on Wednesday night. The triple threat of Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick — all rock bands that have been making music for more than three decades — attracted a sell-out crowd of 10,000 sweat-soaked, sun-scorched rock fans to the Zoo Amphitheatre. Near 100-degree temperatures didn't dissuade the masses from waving their arms, bobbing their heads and shouting along with the classic rockers.

Local fans got the chance to see whether new Journey front man Arnel Pineda could match the vocal prowess of former vocalist Steve Perry. The Filipino singer proved not only a worthy successor but a virtual vocal doppelganger.

Most fans seemed to welcome Pineda with open arms, and his indefatigable stage presence seemed to win over any detractors. One female fan snuck onto the stage to steal a quick embrace before security guards hauled her away, leaving the grinning Pineda to quip, "Anyone else?”

By the time the band played favorites such as "Don't Stop Believin',” "Lights” and "Anyway You Want It,” most everyone was singing along.

The highlights of the set were an extended version of "Wheel in the Sky” and the new and appropriate track "A Change for the Better.”

Heart may have been playing in the second slot, but the ever-impressive Wilson sisters and their band proved they are second to none.

Through their hits "Crazy on You,” "Never” and "Straight On,” Ann Wilson belted out vocals with seemingly effortless power, while Nancy Wilson's fleet fingers kept coaxing heady rock out of her guitar. Ann's tuneful wailing on "Magic Man” elicited goosebumps even in the heat, and she proved she is one of the only vocalists worthy to cover Led Zeppelin with her achingly lovely "Going to California.”

The band wowed the crowd with a potent cover of The Who's "Love Reign O'er Me” leading into a scorching rendition of "Barracuda.”

Despite some issues with the sound mix and balance, Cheap Trick warmed up the overheated crowd with rowdy rockers "I Want You to Want Me,” "Surrender” and "Dream Police.”
    Tuxedoed guitarist Rick Nielsen punctuated the performance with his energetic showmanship, wisecracks and array of outlandish guitars.

I stood in line for over an hour and a half just to get in the gates. I was completely soaked with sweat (I mean, perspiration. I am a girl!). We completely missed Cheap Trick, fortunately I've seen them a dozen times! Then we finally found a little patch of grass to stand on, I had a few beers and things were much better. I was mainly there to see Heart and was not disappointed. They were great! Ann's voice was awsome, no one else can sing like her! Nancy was rockin' on the guitar. Journey was good also. The new front guy did a great job. I think that there are some bands where the lead singer just cannot be replaced...he proved that Steve Perry can be.

Thread Information