Widgets Magazine

Thread: Article system

Todd Guest

Default Article system

Hello everyone!

I am considering adding an article system to the site. This would allow members to write articles and upload them to the site for public viewing. It is structured much like a forum. There will be seperate catagories for different types of articles. Each article uploaded and approved will give credit to the author and have the ability to have pictures along with the article.

It will not be an easy addition so I wanted to seek your feedback before wasting time on features that will not be used.

2. Default Re: Article system

That may not be a bad idea. We could use it to release ideas for the walk of fame when we are ready to release it.

Of course, other things can be done as well.

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Article system

Honestly, I don't see how this feature would be any different from the current forum system we now have. Seems redundant to me. If we want to write an article, we can jsut post in under the specific forum. But, if there are people who would use it, hey, I wouldn't be against it. Why don't we start a poll on this?

Patrick, I agree with you. The forums is basically that: an article system where one writes on any topic he or she chooses. So, Todd, save yourself some time.

Todd Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll wait for this hack until there is more of a need.

Patrick Guest

Thanks for offering to put such a system in place. I'd just hate for you to go to all that work, only for it not to be used! todd, we appreciate all of your efforts!

Thread Information