Widgets Magazine

Thread: 2nd & Coltrane

Default 2nd & Coltrane

There's lots of talk on the Nextdoor app about the strip at 2nd and Coltrane. Word is it sold and the new owners are moving everyone out. Rocky Mountain Grill's Facebook says they are looking for a new place. Will be interesting to see what happens to the area.

2. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

That's too bad. That's very near where we live. We eat there on occasion and I buy bait from the family that runs the tackler store behind them. Hope they can relocate in the same area.

3. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

Saw a sign last night that said an Old School Bagel is coming to this location.

4. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

The developers work in the office next to ours and we've been seeing a ton of OSB merch among other things over the past few months. Glad it's going it cause it is half a mile away from our office!

5. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    The developers work in the office next to ours and we've been seeing a ton of OSB merch among other things over the past few months. Glad it's going it cause it is half a mile away from our office!
    I pass this every day, as I only live a mile or so away. Will probably be a regular stop. Can't wait to see what else they attract to that corner.

6. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

Rocky Mountain Grill (formerly of this location), now has a 'opening soon' sign up at their new location at I-35 and 33rd.

Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

Dirt work going on on the south east corner.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Dirt work going on on the south east corner.
    Just some trees removed. Nothing else has happened since. I wonder if it's going to be the same kind of thing as the lot further south on Coltrane where some trees were cleared and a chainlink fence was put up but then nothing else happened.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Just some trees removed. Nothing else has happened since. I wonder if it's going to be the same kind of thing as the lot further south on Coltrane where some trees were cleared and a chainlink fence was put up but then nothing else happened.
    That work is for a new 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    That work is for a new 7-11.
    oy vey

Just what we need. A new 7-11.

Seems like a weird place for a new 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    Seems like a weird place for a new 7-11.
    There's currently one just to the north of where this new one is gonna be. It's the right size for the amount of business it does. I'm assuming the new will be one of these new concept larger 7-11s. Which I think will be overbuilt for the area and the amount of business it's likely to do.

Watching the construction on the southeast corner of Coltrane and Second street it doesn't look at all like a 7-11 going in. Can someone actually verify what type of business is going in at that location.

^

Thank you for posting that.

Here are a couple of images from that document:

16. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

I love this new larger 7-11and the Old School Bagel is going in. Yet another reason not to have to venture any further North or West into Edmond. The OnCue on East 15th and I-35 is an almost daily stop for me (which is odd because most days I'm driving a Prius that only gets gassed up about every 3 weeks).

17. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

Old School Bagel at this intersection is now open. Went this morning. Nice place and was busy, but no real line to speak of.

Unfortunately, I got home and realized they got part of my togo order wrong (bacon, egg & cheese croissant should have been sausage). Had to drive back up to have it redone - no apology, no "can we get you a coffee or bagel while you wait?", nothing. Just took it, tossed it and told me it would be a minute. Basically a more expensive McDonald's experience.

Probably opening pains.

Will try again for lunch sometime soon.

18. Default Re: 2nd & Coltrane

7-11 at this location is now open. Popped in this morning (Sat) to get my Diet Dr Pepper fix. It’s exactly as you’d expect: shinny and new with lots of choices. The no drive through though means I’ll still go to the On Cue at 15th and I-35 over this location.

I got there around 5:15am and the grill doesn’t open until 6am so I couldn’t try anything - but the offerings look tempting.

I’m sure I’ll whip in now and then when I’m in the area and need gas - but my daily wil still be the On Cue drive through.

Sad that they did not offer you something for your trouble of wrong order. I was at Panera the other morning. I always order a mug of coffer instead of a paper cup of coffee with what i order to eat. They rang up a mocha coffee. I caught the mistake before paying for my order, they gave me a choice of a free pastry to make up for it. Would have been nice if they would have done a refund and say it was on the house.

Thread Information