Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dallas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Dallas

Anyone have some favorite experiences in Dallas, TX they want to share? Went down there this weekend just to get away for a bit. Skip to the bottom to ignore my story and answer the question, lol. (will post pics later)

Stayed at Prava Suites by the Galleria (former Hilton) with my hubby and a couple of friends. The hotel was really nice, I would recommend it to anyone going to Dallas that doesn't want to be directly down town. It was pricey, we all split the bill though. The price of the room was definitely worth the money. It was large, nice, and the guy at the front desk took us every where we wanted to go at 2 am. lol. He took the guys on multiple food and beer runs. The pool and hot tub were nice and the burgers from the menu were delicious.

We spent some time at the Galleria (my 1st time there), that was the biggest mall I've ever been in so far, was pretty neat. However, there was only one store in the mall that had reasonably or normal priced clothing. However, I did buy an OU koozie for only $7. Oddly enough OU gear was the cheapest thing there!

Saturday we went to the Lizard Lounge which is supposed to be the 2nd rated club in Dallas. Let me just say, I hope that's not true. The DJ was good, played strictly Techno and Dance, but there were about 300 people there and about 15 total were dancing. And that includes me and my 5 friends so yeah. There were go go dancers (pretty hot) and guys were just lining the floor standing there staring at them. Left there after dancing until I was about to fall over. That was the most eventful thing. OH and everyone smoked. When we got in the cab to leave the guy started driving then slammed on the brakes and demanded to know who was smoking in his cab. lol. None of us were, that is how bad we smelled. Oh and there were a lot of people there with glow lights, waving them in front of their faces. Can we say "on drugs?"

Oh we ate at Chipotle, that wasn't bad, except for the bum coming in off the street to ask everyone for money. Drank a margarita there that was about 4/6ths tequila, 2/6ths drink mix.

Someone has to give me an idea of the places to go to have a good time in Dallas (restaurants, attractions, bars, clubs)! And maybe a nice cab service as well if anyone has had a good experience with those.

What are you favorite things about Dallas and the easiest ways you recommend to get around? What was your fav. experience there?
    Last edited by CMSturgeon; 03-05-2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: remembered something to add

Thread Information