Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edmond GO Bond Task Force and Projects

Edmond Edmond GO Bond Task Force and Projects

The General Obligation (GO) Bond Advisory Task Force has finalized their proposal for the city and will most likely present it to the city council on August 12th. The $231 million proposal will include:

1. Widening Covell Road from Interstate 35 to Air Depot Boulevard;
    2. Covell Road and Western Avenue intersection improvements;
    3. Bike lane and pedestrian infrastructure improvements to Thatcher Street;
    4. Second Street and South Boulevard intersection improvements;
    5. Capacity improvements to 15th Street between South Boulevard and Broadway;
    6. Capacity improvements to Edmond Road and Kelley Avenue;
    7. Capacity improvements to 15th Street and Bryant Avenue;
    8. Capacity improvements to Edmond Road and Santa Fe Avenue;
    9. Widening Danforth Road from Holly Hill Road to Thomas Drive;
    10. Covell Road and Santa Fe Avenue intersection improvements;
    11. Widening Coltrane Road north of Second Street;
    12. Completion of the Creek Bend trails;
    13. Improving ballfields, infrastructure and amenities at Mitch Park;
    14. Establishing a new park at Post Road and Second Street;
    15. Establishing a veterans memorial;
    16. Relocation/reconstruction of Fire Station No. 3;
    17. Renovation of Service-Blake Soccer Complex;
    18. Neighborhood parks playground replacement;
    19. Phase 5 of Edmond’s Intelligent Transportation Systems implementation and
    20. City street overlay/reconstruction.

I really hope that Number 14 "Establishing a new park at Post Road and Second Street" is referring to the proposed Bike Park in the Arcadia Lake Master Plan. That could be a big draw for riders traveling through on their way to or from Bentonville and the NW Arkansas region.

Default Re: Edmond GO Bond Task Force and Projects

GO Bond medicated oinkment

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    GO Bond medicated oinkment
    You tried jkjk

These would be great! Covell needs widened, given growth in north Edmond.

I think Edmond city limits extend to Pennsylvania along Covell. If they're going to do a bond issue for road improvements, why would they not just finish the east/west thoroughfare all the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    The General Obligation (GO) Bond Advisory Task Force has finalized their proposal for the city and will most likely present it to the city council on August 12th. The $231 million proposal will include:

1. Widening Covell Road from Interstate 35 to Air Depot Boulevard;
    2. Covell Road and Western Avenue intersection improvements;
    3. Bike lane and pedestrian infrastructure improvements to Thatcher Street;
    4. Second Street and South Boulevard intersection improvements;
    5. Capacity improvements to 15th Street between South Boulevard and Broadway;
    6. Capacity improvements to Edmond Road and Kelley Avenue;
    7. Capacity improvements to 15th Street and Bryant Avenue;
    8. Capacity improvements to Edmond Road and Santa Fe Avenue;
    9. Widening Danforth Road from Holly Hill Road to Thomas Drive;
    10. Covell Road and Santa Fe Avenue intersection improvements;
    11. Widening Coltrane Road north of Second Street;
    12. Completion of the Creek Bend trails;
    13. Improving ballfields, infrastructure and amenities at Mitch Park;
    14. Establishing a new park at Post Road and Second Street;
    15. Establishing a veterans memorial;
    16. Relocation/reconstruction of Fire Station No. 3;
    17. Renovation of Service-Blake Soccer Complex;
    18. Neighborhood parks playground replacement;
    19. Phase 5 of Edmond’s Intelligent Transportation Systems implementation and
    20. City street overlay/reconstruction.

I really hope that Number 14 "Establishing a new park at Post Road and Second Street" is referring to the proposed Bike Park in the Arcadia Lake Master Plan. That could be a big draw for riders traveling through on their way to or from Bentonville and the NW Arkansas region.
    That is exactly what it says in the notes for that item. "plans for a roadside park with a bicycle pump track" Would also include adding the Wiley Post statue.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I think Edmond city limits extend to Pennsylvania along Covell. If they're going to do a bond issue for road improvements, why would they not just finish the east/west thoroughfare all the way?
    That is most likely in the plans but not for this round. Getting Covell finished from Sante Fe to Air Depot addresses a massive need in the area with the amount of homes in the area.

Extending the expansion of Covell out to Penn and Penn to Portland would require OK County and Deer Creek to get involved but I agree that would be a huge win as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    That is exactly what it says in the notes for that item. "plans for a roadside park with a bicycle pump track" Would also include adding the Wiley Post statue.
    In a FAA class this week and it has fried my mind... thanks for catching that. Would be stoked to see that idea come to fruition. YouTube "The Railyard Rogers" in Rogers, AR and it would be much like that (same designer).

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    In a FAA class this week and it has fried my mind... thanks for catching that. Would be stoked to see that idea come to fruition. YouTube "The Railyard Rogers" in Rogers, AR and it would be much like that (same designer).
    HAHA no worries. I have been following this and have read through the individual projects notes. Excited for the Covell projects and 2nd st ones to be done but all are needed.

That is most likely in the plans but not for this round. Getting Covell finished from Sante Fe to Air Depot addresses a massive need in the area with the amount of homes in the area.

Extending the expansion of Covell out to Penn and Penn to Portland would require OK County and Deer Creek to get involved but I agree that would be a huge win as well.
    deer creek is up north of enid up near kansas ..

Edmond can widen Covell (and the should ) just shy of Penn all on their own ..

from the intersection to 74 they do need the county to do it ..

where are you seeing this online??

would love to read the notes for the other items

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    where are you seeing this online??

would love to read the notes for the other items
    https://destinyhosted.com/edmondocs/...FFlattened.pdf
    https://destinyhosted.com/agenda_pub...rev=0&vl=true#

deer creek is up north of enid up near kansas ..

Edmond can widen Covell (and the should ) just shy of Penn all on their own ..

from the intersection to 74 they do need the county to do it ..
    LOL you know exactly what I meant. It will need to be from OK County and Deer Creek residents will need to apply pressure to get their projects funded. From Penn to Portland absolutely should be funded but it wont be from Edmond.

Road improvements are ranked about 1, 2 and 3 in importance to Edmond citizens it seems, and this covers a bunch. WIll be interesting to see if Edmond puts their money where their mouth is because this will increase prop taxes a bit.

I am really surprised to not see Covell from Coltrane all the way to Boulevard to be funded.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Road improvements are ranked about 1, 2 and 3 in importance to Edmond citizens it seems, and this covers a bunch. WIll be interesting to see if Edmond puts their money where their mouth is because this will increase prop taxes a bit.
    It is a big need. And as someone up thread pointed out, Edmond continues to grow. So streets get widened but city of Edmond wants to continue to pretend that it's a bedroom community circa 1974 and have the speed limit be 35mph on a six lane road with 8 stoplights per 100 yards.

Edmond needs more efficient traffic management but the powers that be don't appear to care. Pothole ridden roads and insane traffic really cut into the QoL in Edmond.

I know the money isn't there for it but I'd like to see a lot stoplights replaced with round abouts. I'd like to see several stoplights removed. I'd like for the larger thoroughfares to have a speed limit of 45. I'd like to see some of the roads redesigned to encourage slower driving rather than just sticking up a speed limit sign of 25 on a 4 or 5 lane road and expecting people to not drive fast.

I'm mayor Goldie Traxx and progress is my middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    It is a big need. And as someone up thread pointed out, Edmond continues to grow. So streets get widened but city of Edmond wants to continue to pretend that it's a bedroom community circa 1974 and have the speed limit be 35mph on a six lane road with 8 stoplights per 100 yards.

Edmond needs more efficient traffic management but the powers that be don't appear to care. Pothole ridden roads and insane traffic really cut into the QoL in Edmond.

I know the money isn't there for it but I'd like to see a lot stoplights replaced with round abouts. I'd like to see several stoplights removed. I'd like for the larger thoroughfares to have a speed limit of 45. I'd like to see some of the roads redesigned to encourage slower driving rather than just sticking up a speed limit sign of 25 on a 4 or 5 lane road and expecting people to not drive fast.

I'm mayor Goldie Traxx and progress is my middle name.
    Traffic would be immensely better if every non-arterial road intersection was a round about rather than light. And even some of the lesser used arterial road intersections could have roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    That was my thought as well as Edmond has long had plans to widen Covell throughout the entire city limits at least to air Depot. I was surprised the only funded segment of Cavell was from I-35 to air depot. Maybe the city still plans on widening Covell with a sales tax as they have long planned to do so. Same thing with Danforth from Coltrane to sooner as part of that intersection project. Although they have they may wait for ODOT’s project which will completely transform and turn into a full interchange(adding missing ramps) later this decade. The Danforth bridge over I 35 will also be rebuilt and widen into four lanes. I haven’t seen the plans, but I expect it to be realigned and straightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That was my thought as well as Edmond has long had plans to widen Covell throughout the entire city limits at least to air Depot. I was surprised the only funded segment of Cavell was from I-35 to air depot. Maybe the city still plans on widening Covell with a sales tax as they have long planned to do so. Same thing with Danforth from Coltrane to sooner as part of that intersection project. Although they have they may wait for ODOT’s project which will completely transform and turn into a full interchange(adding missing ramps) later this decade. The Danforth bridge over I 35 will also be rebuilt and widen into four lanes. I haven’t seen the plans, but I expect it to be realigned and straightened.
    I think that Covell from just east of coltrane to just east of bryant may be already funded?

but either way i agree with you that 2 mile stretch from just east of Coltrane to just east of Broadway should be a high high priority ..

I think that Covell from just east of coltrane to just east of bryant may be already funded?

but either way i agree with you that 2 mile stretch from just east of Coltrane to just east of Broadway should be a high high priority ..
    I believe they are going to be funded through their normal sales tax funding.

OK, that’s good news. That frees up additional money for this bond project. I have a feeling it will pass pretty easy.

Does "intersection improvements" mean they will fix the gross misalignments? For reference, most section-line intersections aren't aligned so you don't have to swerve in the middle of the intersection to continue through. Kelly/Danforth, Edmond Rd/Kelly, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Does "intersection improvements" mean they will fix the gross misalignments? For reference, most section-line intersections aren't aligned so you don't have to swerve in the middle of the intersection to continue through. Kelly/Danforth, Edmond Rd/Kelly, etc.
    I would not count on that. It’s most likely going to be adding turning lanes And reconstruct the pavement with concrete And adding dividers on the medians. I based on what I’ve noticed the past projects they’ve done on intersections in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I would not count on that. It’s most likely going to be adding turning lanes And reconstruct the pavement with concrete And adding dividers on the medians. I based on what I’ve noticed the past projects they’ve done on intersections in Edmond.

In the notes for the 2nd and boulevard project, it lays out that currently there is a 20’ offset as drivers pass through the intersection on 2nd. The project states they will remove the offset and acquire additional right of way to accommodate this. Not gonna type it out verbatim but yes they will be addressing it. I will look into the others.

In the notes for the 2nd and boulevard project, it lays out that currently there is a 20’ offset as drivers pass through the intersection on 2nd. The project states they will remove the offset and acquire additional right of way to accommodate this. Not gonna type it out verbatim but yes they will be addressing it. I will look into the others.
    Yeah I think I saw the plans you’re talking about. if I recall correctly, it’s going to be a tight intersection. They wanted to do right turn lanes on all sides, but I don’t think they’re gonna be able to do that.

Thread Information