Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Edmond Schools bond package 2013 (Includes land for 4th Highschool)

Default New Edmond Schools bond package 2013 (Includes land for 4th Highschool)

Edmond voters will consider the Edmond school district’s largest bond issue ever proposed — $80 million on Feb. 12.
    The bond proposal would include land for a fourth Edmond high school, and money to build both a new middle school and new elementary school
    New schools part of bond proposal » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Default Re: New Edmond Schools bond package 2013 (Includes land for 4th Highschool)

If they approve this, I will be so happy, and I don't even live there. Lol

Default Re: New Edmond Schools bond package 2013 (Includes land for 4th Highschool)

Edmond school district's proposed $80 million bond includes remodeling | News OK

The proposed remodeling and improvement efforts include:
    Purchasing and installing technological tools such as computers, software, phone systems and copiers for $6.8 million.
    Roof replacements at Edmond North High School and Russell Dougherty and Northern Hills elementary campuses for $1.7 million.
    Enhancing school security at Boulevard Academy and at Memorial, North and Santa Fe high schools and at Angie Debo, Centennial, Northern Hills and West Field elementary campuses for $400,000.
    Purchasing athletic and fine arts equipment for high schools and middle schools, as well as elementary kitchen equipment, maintenance vehicles, library books, software subscriptions and instructional equipment for $3.5 million.
    Improving heating and air conditioning at Sunset Elementary and Cimarron Middle School for $1.53 million.
    Replacing floor and carpet at Cheyenne and Summit middle schools for $1.25 million.
    Constructing six additional classrooms at Frontier Elementary for $2.1 million.
    Improving the cafeteria, kitchen, classrooms and hallways at Orvis Risner Elementary for $2.55 million.
    Improving, expanding, remodeling and equipping the kitchen at Sunset Elementary for $1 million.
    Improving the science rooms, hallways, classrooms and gym at Memorial High School for $2.5 million.
    Improving the flooring, auditorium, hallways, lockers, wall tiles, lights and restrooms at North High School for $2.5 million.
    Improving the restrooms, flooring, lockers, roof, gym, cafeteria and classrooms at Santa Fe High School for $2.6 million.
    Converting the vacated maintenance building at 612 W Campbell into a custodial building and central receiving warehouse. The conversion will cost $850,000.
    Constructing a new parking lot and storage building at the District Board of Education and Professional Development Training Center for $750,000.
    Repairing running tracks at Memorial, North and Santa Fe high schools for $475,000.
    Installing ADA playground equipment at Chisholm, Clegern, Cross Timbers, Will Rogers, Charles Haskell, Northern Hills, Washington Irving, Ida Freeman, West Field, Centennial and Angie Debo elementaries for $1 million.
    Purchasing school buses and maintenance vehicles for $1.79 million.

I keep waiting for a bond issue to build a football stadium. I think it's embarrassing that the schools have to play their games at UCO, especially when you look at the facilities at Yukon and other 5A and 6A programs. There should be a nice, common, football arena for Edmond schools.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I keep waiting for a bond issue to build a football stadium. I think it's embarrassing that the schools have to play their games at UCO, especially when you look at the facilities at Yukon and other 5A and 6A programs. There should be a nice, common, football arena for Edmond schools.
    Yeah, I wish Edmond would get on board with that.

I would have been shocked if it hadn't. I'm not sure if a school bond issue has ever failed to pass in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I would have been shocked if it hadn't. I'm not sure if a school bond issue has ever failed to pass in Edmond.
    Yes, I've read that several times now. I didn't know that, but it's interesting.(I kinda figured it was going to pass )

Anyone know where they are looking at land for the 4th high school? Also once these new schools open I would imagine there would be new school boundaries drawn, anyone have any information on either of these?

The only thing I have read on the articles is it saying it is going to be east of I-35, maybe along the highway somewhere.

one of our neighbors was at a block captain meeting in Edmond or something rather of the such and someone from the city said that they are looking at one of the corners on I35 and Covell, which surprises me because I thought the city wanted to develop those corners for revenue

I don't know about a 4th high school, but there is a new elementary school being built on the south side of Sorghum Mill Road about 930 feet east of Broadway (I only know this because I've seen the footprint on the new Google Maps update and I had two guys come into my work Wednesday evening that are construction workers on this site).

Yea, I was by there today. Looks like they have poured two safe rooms, and are starting up with the concrete block.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I don't know about a 4th high school, but there is a new elementary school being built on the south side of Sorghum Mill Road about 930 feet east of Broadway (I only know this because I've seen the footprint on the new Google Maps update and I had two guys come into my work Wednesday evening that are construction workers on this site).
    The bond package includes land for a 4th high school. I'm betting a high school will be a separate vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The bond package includes land for a 4th high school. I'm betting a high school will be a separate vote.
    I only opened my post with that sentence because I didn't want to create a new thread about a one elementary school. I couldn't care less about the new HS to be built on the se corner of Air Depot & Covell...lol.

Oh, my bad

It's all good ;-)

Thread Information