Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rented in the last week and 1/2:

1. Default Rented in the last week and 1/2:

Pirates of the Carribean 2: Pretty good, my husband thought it was way better than the 1st but I didn't think it was any better. Still looking forward to the 3rd though.

Crank: I thought this movie was pretty damn awesome. Jason Statham is one of my new favorite actors.

World Trade Center: My mom told me it wasn't even sad. What a jerk, I cried at the end and was sad afterwards. I hate watchign things that make me cry.

Default Re: Rented in the last week and 1/2:

Pirates was pretty good...Story was so so, but good action and pretty funny again

I watched

Jackass 2....OK...Some pretty impressive stunts...These guys have some serious guts and will do anything to get paid, but just more of the same from them

Lady in the Water....HORRIBLE...Liked every one of M. Night's movies including The Village....This one isn't just bad for him it's just bad....Never should have been made

Devil Wears Prada...For my wife...Not bad for a chick flick

3. Default Re: Rented in the last week and 1/2:

The Lakehouse: I'm a big Keanu Reeves fan so I'd be a bit biased...I lOVED it! And I normally HATE watching sappy romantic/romance comedies for the most part, and my fiance LOVES them (of course). But surprisingly she didn't like the McGuffin aspect of the movie, which I ate up. All-in-all I thought it was pretty good.

Little Miss Sunshine: I know EVERYONE's already talked this movie up. It's a pretty good little story, but it's VERY vulgar and full of liberal profanity. My fiance and I both liked it despite its 'mature content'.

Scoop: This was a little indie of Woody Allen's that got lost in the shuffle this summer. It has two of my VERY FAVORITE actors/celebrity personas: Hugh Jackman & Scarlett Johansson. It's a witty comedy, and a silly movie not to be taken too serious. We both liked it.

4. Default Re: Rented in the last week and 1/2:

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Pirates was pretty good...Story was so so, but good action and pretty funny again

I watched

Jackass 2....OK...Some pretty impressive stunts...These guys have some serious guts and will do anything to get paid, but just more of the same from them

Lady in the Water....HORRIBLE...Liked every one of M. Night's movies including The Village....This one isn't just bad for him it's just bad....Never should have been made

Devil Wears Prada...For my wife...Not bad for a chick flick
    I dodged that bullet!

Default Re: Rented in the last week and 1/2:

Since we have 3 kids six years old and under we don't get to the cinema that much but we do rent occasionaly.

Rented Click with Sandler. It was sad and I totally didn't expect that. For those without kids you might not be as moved by it as I was but still a good flick.

Luckily my wife doesn't go in for the chick flicks. She likes guy movies and you'd never guess that from looking at her, she's a little 108 lb. sprite of a thing. She'll watch Fightclub with me or Longest Yard, Transporter, The Matrix (the good one), etc.

6. Default Re: Rented in the last week and 1/2:

The Marine = Sux

Flyboys = Excellent
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Thread Information