Widgets Magazine

Thread: Star Wars lines

Default Star Wars lines

Does anyone know if any movie theater has a line yet in okc? Or does anyone know the procedures for lining up like at Quail Springs Mall? I imagine you can't have a tent set up in the mall for a few days in the food court.
    I could see where they would have it at Penn Square, just on that bridge and to the top level of the parking garage.

Default Re: Star Wars lines

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Does anyone know if any movie theater has a line yet in okc? Or does anyone know the procedures for lining up like at Quail Springs Mall? I imagine you can't have a tent set up in the mall for a few days in the food court.
    I could see where they would have it at Penn Square, just on that bridge and to the top level of the parking garage.
    Penn square has reserved seats. I'll be showing up to my screening 5 minutes before the movie starts.

2015 is awesome.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I just don't quite get the camping out for 4-5 days beforehand...who has that kind of time? But if it floats you, cheers.

I love to camp, but it doesn't involve malls, theaters or fast food parking lots. Nor will it ever.
    HBO and DVD's ... first choice of hermits nearly everywhere.

Does anyone know if anyone's camping out to see the new "Alvin and the Chipmonks" movie? My 5 year old wants to see it, but I don't know if I'll be able to camp out at the mall? Does anyone know? We just want to make sure we see it, before anyone else sees it. I know tents aren't usually allowed, but what about a hammock?

Basically every theater gives you the ability to buy tickets online for small convenience fee. If someone can't wait a week for the crowds to die down, Im sure they are not going to mind not so ideal seats.

7. Default Re: Star Wars lines

I'm waiting a week or two, spoilers be damned. I don't like crowded theaters. I'll be going to a weekday showing in the late morning or early afternoon.

8. Default Re: Star Wars lines

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'm waiting a week or two, spoilers be damned. I don't like crowded theaters. I'll be going to a weekday showing in the late morning or early afternoon.
    School will be out. I have a feeling day showings are going to be crowded for quite some time as well.

9. Default Re: Star Wars lines

Yeah, I've considered that. It might be two weeks. I waited in an around-the-block line on the first day of ESB, and this is probably as excited as I have been about any movie since. I'll probably see the movie a half-dozen times in the theater. But the cranky old man part of me isn't going to put up with a bunch of BS just to see a movie.

I bought my ticket right when they went on sale.

I waited in line for Revenge of the Sith but nowadays with online ticketing I don't see the need to wait in long lines for movie tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Does anyone know if anyone's camping out to see the new "Alvin and the Chipmonks" movie? My 5 year old wants to see it, but I don't know if I'll be able to camp out at the mall? Does anyone know? We just want to make sure we see it, before anyone else sees it. I know tents aren't usually allowed, but what about a hammock?
    I think Star Wars is a bit more anticipated and quite a bit bigger deal than Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I think Star Wars is a bit more anticipated and quite a bit bigger deal than Alvin and the Chipmunks.
    So what you're saying is.......that there's a chance?

Wasn't saying I was going to do it, its fun to drive by and see the people waiting in line. Kind of like when there are tents out in front of best buy for black friday or the apple store, or chick-fil-a.

forgot that penn square had assigned seating.

Aware that at Quail you can buy your tickets online but that only gets you a seat, not the exact seat....

I'm going to be following the same game plan as Urbanized...wait til school is back in and then hit up the theater on a weekday afternoon.

This reminds me of when I went to see the original Star Wars in 1977 on opening night in San Francisco. (well before on-line ticket purchases) There was a very long when we arrived but we found some friendly people at the front of the line who were very happy to accept a "tip" to purchase tickets for us. It worked very well.

While I am more of a Trekker than a SW guy, I do remember when Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out in Dec 1979. A buddy of mine went with me to see it on a Saturday morning at the long-defunct twin cinema over on SW 44th and May (Southpark?). The line was *incredible*. It went west across the entire face of the stripmall, turned south down May avenue, and I couldn't *begin* to tell you how many hundreds of people were there.

Mind you, this was Y-E-A-R-S before anything like the Internet or remote or early ticket purchases or advance notices were even a thing - you got word maybe in the newspapers or in your favorite magazine when a big time movie was coming out, and back then the expectation for Star Trek was monumental. TV and movie rumors abounded for a decade prior to its release. While the movie, itself, was a bit of a disappointment, I can't help but remember how awesome it was to be part of such a huge "thing" when it finally did arrive!

Thread Information