Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riserva

Far North Riserva

A new wine bar and tapas restaurant will be located directly next to Gordon Ramsay's Pub & Grill at Chisholm Creek and both have started construction.

Riserva will feature a covered patio overlooking the water with a large rectangular bar that can be opened to the outside. Seating and a fireplace will also be part of the design.

Riserva will be operated by Provision Concepts which also owns Broadway 10, Sidecar, Hatch and Chicken Foot. Next month, Provision will open Culprits in the new Marriott Renaissance in Bricktown.

Gordon Ramsay's Pub will be located directly north and also have a large covered patio.

Both the new restaurants should be open by the end of the year.

Default Re: Riserva

Awesome!! Great to development again out there!

I think this takes up all the restaurant pads on the pond. There supposedly a hotel (or maybe it was the Alamo Draft House) going in on the south side of the lake, but not sure what the plans are for CC anymore. I thought bringing in Bayer would be a good thing for this project, but aside from the lake there is not much happening.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I think this takes up all the restaurant pads on the pond. There supposedly a hotel (or maybe it was the Alamo Draft House) going in on the south side of the lake, but not sure what the plans are for CC anymore. I thought bringing in Bayer would be a good thing for this project, but aside from the lake there is not much happening.
    Sadly I don't think Alamo is going to be a thing. It's such a great concept and really a nice place to take in a movie, sucks but after so many years you have to think it's done.

Alamo pulled back due to the pandemic but they have been working with other cinema operators. I'm sure they'll eventually get one.

There are two big, sexy restaurants under construction as well as the Domain apartments to the south.

Plenty more in the pipeline.

Excited to see a tapas place in OKC finally.

They are pretty much finished but delayed due to supply chain issues with kitchen equipment. Probably will be open in February.

The newest addition to Chisholm Creek, Riserva Tapas + Bar, is set to open Monday, March 6th.

Riserva is operated by Provision Concepts, proprietors of Broadway 10, Hatch, Sidecar, Birra Birra, Culprits, Bandees and Chicken Foot.

The beautiful space was designed by Fitzsimmons Architects and has a large covered patio facing the water. On nice days, the windows open wide to connect the large bar with patio seating.

Provision Concepts partnered with James Beard nominated Chef James Fox first at Cultprits and now at Riserva to offer unique ingredients and recipes.

The cuisine is inspired by the rich culinary traditions of the Mediterranean with dishes meant to be shared. The bar program offers unique craft cocktails and over 80 wine selections, many unique in the state.

Hours will be 11 AM to 10 PM Monday through Thursday; 11 PM Saturday and 9 PM Sunday.

9. Default Re: Riserva

That menu looks so interesting and fantastic! This will be on my list to try.

I've heard great things about the food and their wine selection.

The space is gorgeous.

Sorry didn’t know where else to put this but since it’s by Provision Concepts.. I see a sign for coming soon on a new place called Vesina next to McAlister’s on Memorial. Hadn’t heard anything about this?

Branding looks like a place called Vesina in Phoenix, AZ but it says by Provision Concepts?

Sorry Vecina*

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Sorry didn’t know where else to put this but since it’s by Provision Concepts.. I see a sign for coming soon on a new place called Vesina next to McAlister’s on Memorial. Hadn’t heard anything about this?

Branding looks like a place called Vesina in Phoenix, AZ but it says by Provision Concepts?
    the chef that helped them open reserva is the chef owner of that concept this must be a partner ship for a second location

EXECUTIVE CHEF JAMES FOX
    Based out of Phoenix, James Fox threw the already culinary-rich market for a loop when he opened his chef-driven restaurant, Vecina. Fox’s concept was later nominated ro become a James Beard Finalist for Best New Restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona. We have since been lucky to partner with Chef Fox to lead the culinary direction of Riserva.

if it lives up to the original that is a huge get for OKC ..

Yea the Phoenix one looks awesome but it’s such a weird spot here. I don’t even see an area for a patio unless they plan to renovate out into the parking spaces in front.

If you scroll up there's a picture of a patio in front near the entrance.

16. Default Re: Riserva

I saw this in Facebook this morning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2491.jpeg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	18166

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Yea the Phoenix one looks awesome but it’s such a weird spot here. I don’t even see an area for a patio unless they plan to renovate out into the parking spaces in front.
    There is a covered patio in the pictures above.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    There is a covered patio in the pictures above.
    there are no pictures of the restaurant that post is referencing in this thread .

It is odd that nobody has posted reviews of this restaurant even though it has been open for 4 months. The menu does look intriguing although expensive for tapas. My comparison would be to the Chicago staple Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba. Their prices are significantly lower in a market where costs are significantly higher than OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    there are no pictures of the restaurant that post is referencing in this thread .
    This is what I was looking at:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    [SIZE=3]

Quote Originally Posted by boilerup35 View Post
    It is odd that nobody has posted reviews of this restaurant even though it has been open for 4 months. The menu does look intriguing although expensive for tapas. My comparison would be to the Chicago staple Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba. Their prices are significantly lower in a market where costs are significantly higher than OKC.
    I went for lunch a few weeks ago and had a great experience. It's advertised as a tapas restaurant, and the 3 of us did split everything, but the main dishes are much larger than your typical tapas and one item could definitely be someone's entrée. We had the mezze dip trio (the house pita is great), grilled cauliflower, turmeric chicken kebab, lamb chops and the skirt steak shawarma. That was a ton of food for 3 people, but we pretty much ate everything. Everyone said it quickly went to high up on our list for a nicer lunch option.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    This is what I was looking at:
    the patio question was about the future restaurant Vecina ..

Blog Entries

Yes, you are right. It sometimes seems to me that OKC prices at a number of places are very high compared to other cities I travel to, or at least at the same prices as other pricier markets. Not sure why that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the patio question was about the future restaurant Vecina ..
    Ah, got it. Sorry about that.

Right. These are not tapas in the Spanish tradition. Papas often are free when you visit a bar in Spain.

Now, if you go to a modern Tapas restaurant in Sevilla or Madrid, you pay for the food but it is served in small portions and inexpensive.

I've wanted a tapas place in OKC forever but I was a bit gobsmacked by the prices. It's also not in a location I would go if I were going on a tapas date. Wish them luck, however.

Thread Information