Widgets Magazine

Thread: Any photo requests?

Default Any photo requests?

I'll actually be in OKC for about a week starting tomorrow and want to tour as many of the on-going projects as I can.

Planning to take tons of photos and post them, so if you have any specific request, please let me know.

For a variety of reasons, this has been the longest I've ever gone between visits; about 1 3/4 years. When I was last in town, Devon Tower was barely coming out of the ground!

It's going to be very surreal to drive on the new I-40 and see the massive changes that have taken place. Of course I follow all this very closely but it's not the same as being there to experience it in person. I'm really excited.

Default Re: Any photo requests?

Dont have any requests but ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPaed8I3V1A

Being that your the Owner/Administrator I thought you lived here and worked in Downtown OKC lol. It would be nice to see new photos of the ground work at Devon, if there is any. I wonder if they have all the water features complete.

How about a shot of the new State Fair Speedway? Oh wait, I forgot, we dont have a track anymore. Thanks Cornett.
    Im sorry Pete, im still bitter about losing my Friday night fun.

5. Default Re: Any photo requests?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Being that your the Owner/Administrator I thought you lived here and worked in Downtown OKC lol. It would be nice to see new photos of the ground work at Devon, if there is any. I wonder if they have all the water features complete.
    Seriously? Why don't you just click on the thread. UP sent Pete a bunch of pics showing just what you ask about.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Seriously? Why don't you just click on the thread. UP sent Pete a bunch of pics showing just what you ask about.
    Well dadgummit I wish I would have known that earlier but he asked what we would like to see more of, and I said what I wanted, Is that a crime?

7. Default Re: Any photo requests?

No it's not, I should have just PMed you, sorry.

Hey Pete - I do have one request actually, for some CHK campus pics. Particularly the view from Grand/Classen intersection and the Midfirst Bank parking lot - those places offer great views IMO of the cluster of campus buildings. I think along Classen Blvd inside the campus are also some interesting photo perspectives, with contrasting streetwalls across from e/o.

8. Default Re: Any photo requests?

Pete - Like many of us on the OKC Talk site, I also believed you lived here based on your insight and the fact that you are owner and administrator of a GREAT site for the OKC community. Thanks for all your efforts.

9. Default Re: Any photo requests?

Some of the places you may wish to visit are the OKC downtown library, the Devon Tower, the Boathouse District, the newly remodeled Myriad Botanical Gardens (OKC's best park) all of which are on the route of OKC's free downtown trolley. I am pretty sure you've already visited the OKC National Memorial & Museum and the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. Also downtown is the OKC Art Museum and near downtown is the Gaylord-Pickens Museum. The Chesapeake Energy Arena is impressive and is expanding on the south side of the building (under construction, like much of our downtown). Outside of the downtown is the Chesapeake campus at NW 63rd and Western. Be sure to drive under the new Skydance Bridge at night & walk over it during the day. Pictures of skydance bridge. Lake Hefner is a great place to walk, either at Stars & Stripes Park at the north end of Portland Ave (go north on Portland off of the Northwest Highway) and also the restaurant area overlooking Lake Hefner on Britton Road west of May Ave & west of the Hefner Parkway. One of the restaurants burned 2 weeks ago during a freakish hail storm.

You have to go by Hobbly Lobby's HQ they have been building out there like crazy as well. you might go to the Airport as they have recently completed tons of upgrade Boeing has a new building. Shoppes of OKC is a stop worth skipping although they are starting to add a new building out there followed by additional parking. the demolished AMC flea market wonder what they will put there in its place you could check in on that for us. a drive down reno between macarther and rockwell will give you an idea on what retail has been doing lately.

The Salvation Army is building a new complex at the AMC location (across the street from their current multi-building facilities)...not sure what the plans are for their exisying buildings but presume they are coming down???

12. Default Re: Any photo requests?

It will be the decision of the park subcommittee.

Spartan: I think we are talking about different Salvation Army properties. You are correct about the one you mentioned. The one I am talking about is their collection of office space, thrift store etc on the east side of Penn just south of 10th street (directly across from the old AMC flea market location. Apparently Chesapeake is a major contributor and it will be called the Salvation Army/Chesapeake Center of Hope?

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?s=14600989

(click on thumbnail image for larger view)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2012-06-18 at 9.35.13 AM.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	1824

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    The Salvation Army is building a new complex at the AMC location (across the street from their current multi-building facilities)...not sure what the plans are for their exisying buildings but presume they are coming down???
    I drove by there and the old AMC building is completely scraped and nothing else is going on at this site.

True, but something is supposed to be going there...can only presume that they are working out design details and that is the reason for the inactivity...

Yes, they plan a big complex on that site but they've owned it for quite a while now.

Thread Information