Widgets Magazine

Thread: Does anybody have an accounting of posters that have. . .

Default Does anybody have an accounting of posters that have. . .

Passed on?

When you read some of the older posts and the guys that used post a lot but then just stopped posting?? One has to wonder. . I am reminded of listening to listening to call in on K T O K back in the 60's. Some of those guys were legendary. . .and then just gone.

Default Re: Does anybody have an accounting of posters that have. . .

it happens... i can think of 3 people off the top of my head.

Very true. And the problems with media such as this don' t exactly lend themselves to family members advising said cohorts when someone passes.

I had noticed recently that a few promenant posters seemed to stopped posting and of course caused me to question if they had passes.

Prunepicker
    Generals64
    CTChandler

And a few others whose correct monikers allude me at the moment. .

4. Default Re: Does anybody have an accounting of posters that have. . .

I know that CTChandler passed away this past April. He hadn’t been posting for a couple of years, and I assumed it was due to health/aging issues. But I never saw an obit online when looking, nor any posts on his son’s mostly-inactive FB. His son and I worked together at a couple of lumberyards in the 80s and were close hang-out buds for a number of years, but mostly out of touch these days besides being Facebook friends.

C.T. and I used to message here on OKCTalk quite a bit after figuring out that we’d previously met (I used to hang out at his house with his son and our friend group). So I’d been watching, hoping his lack of posting was a temporary thing, and that he might make it back online. Unfortunately I eventually saw an April 2024 death notice in Edmond matching his name (Clint T Chandler). Sorry to lose him; I enjoyed his posts.

^

I'm very sorry to hear that about Mr. Chandler. He was an incredibly nice man.

6. Default Re: Does anybody have an accounting of posters that have. . .

Doug Loudenback was a big loss for this board (and the OKC online and history-keeping communities).

Kevin Pate

Jim Kyle

Doug Loudenback
    Kevin Pate
    Jim Kyle
    C.T. Chandler

That’s a lot of OKC history right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I know that CTChandler passed away this past April. He hadn’t been posting for a couple of years, and I assumed it was due to health/aging issues. But I never saw an obit online when looking, nor any posts on his son’s mostly-inactive FB. His son and I worked together at a couple of lumberyards in the 80s and were close hang-out buds for a number of years, but mostly out of touch these days besides being Facebook friends.

C.T. and I used to message here on OKCTalk quite a bit after figuring out that we’d previously met (I used to hang out at his house with his son and our friend group). So I’d been watching, hoping his lack of posting was a temporary thing, and that he might make it back online. Unfortunately I eventually saw an April 2024 death notice in Edmond matching his name (Clint T Chandler). Sorry to lose him; I enjoyed his posts.
    sorry to hear that... i've wondered if that was the case. never met him in person, but he always seemed really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    sorry to hear that... i've wondered if that was the case. never met him in person, but he always seemed really nice.
    I worked with CT for over 20 years. Hell of a nice guy. I know he was on oxygen for several years.

We certainly lose some great resources when the old guys pass. . .

And then one realizes WE are now the older guys. .

Any word on generals64?

Thread Information