Widgets Magazine

Thread: King Wah

Default King Wah

I hardly ever go up Air Depot anymore but today decided to go to Taco Bell. Passing King Wah the place looked deserted and there is a for sale sign out front.

It had been 5-6 months since I had last been there but my family had been there without me after that.

I really love the looks of 29th and how it's developed. Unfortunately it seems all the resturants north of 15th are closing because of it.

2. Default Re: King Wah

That's too bad. They always gave you a ton of food at a great price. There aren't many non-buffet places around these days and they were one of the better ones. Sad to see them go.

Default Re: King Wah

They were one of the better ones. But the food and service has bottomed out. For good takeout I now go to the one on Reno and Midwest Blvd...And if I want great Chinese I drive to Edmond for Dot Wo

I have been going there off and on for 20+ years. I love the food! And have gotten to know the lady that runs the place. She was moving due to the mall shutting down, but should be relocating near Tinker AFB anytime now. I'm not 100% sure where, but I believe it will be on Douglas. If anyone finds out they are open - can you post it here?

Hi,

My family has also been going to King Wah for 20+ years and have gotten to know Minh and Pam, the waitress. We have been anxiously awaiting news of their re-opening as well! We ate at Canton Palace a few weeks ago and ran into Pam working there. She said King Wah would be re-opening in a month or so. They purchased the old Long John Silver's on Air Depot! I haven't gone by yet to see if they are open, but that's what we are hoping for! I was surprised they stayed on Air Depot and that far North!

I thought some chicken place existed at the old Long John Silver's. Seems a lot has gone away on air Depot. When did Fazoli's (sp?) close? That place was good.

Since King Wah is apparently no longer open,
    a short drive on Britton Rd. to a point
    about a block west of May Ave.
    will put you at Kim Wah.

(We've been eating there about once or twice a month for over ten years. Haven't got sick yet.)

Thread Information