Widgets Magazine

Thread: The IT Crowd

MadMonk Guest

Default The IT Crowd

We have got to get this show over here (the woman in this clip is the manager of the two IT guys).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYbyj9I1u6U
    Last edited by MadMonk; 07-21-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Updated link to a longer, embeddable clip

Default Re: The IT Crowd

That's hysterical!

i love this show so much... are they making a series 5? -M

/pshhh... the internet doesn't weigh anything.

VERY funny! (In fact, so funny that I have to wonder why they seem to need a laugh track . . .)

I also wonder how long it will be before someone in here works in a Sarah Palin joke . . .
    "I was talking to The Elders of The Internet the other day and . . ."

(Of course, on the backpedal, she could have been refering to Al Gore and friends) . . .

Please do not confuse that remark with "politics": It had nothing to do with politics.
    And frankly, not much to do with humor either.

Besides that, I like Sarah Palin. It's just that the character in the show reminded me of her so much.

MadMonk Guest

Updated the link to one that includes the aftermath - it gets even funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i love this show so much... are they making a series 5? -M
    /pshhh... the internet doesn't weigh anything.
    Where have you been watching this? Is it on BBC America? I just discovered it for myself today.

6. Default Re: The IT Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Updated the link to one that includes the aftermath - it gets even funnier.

Where have you been watching this? Is it on BBC America? I just discovered it for myself today.

YouTube usually has full episodes but they tend to get deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by madmonk
    where have you been watching this? is it on bbc america? i just discovered it for myself today.
    it's not on bbca... i don't think this is even a bbc show. you can find full episodes of the first couple seasons on services like youtube if you google around. as for me, i've torrented the eps. other than that you could buy them from amazon.

-M

Any chance that it is streaming on Netflix?

Without going through every possible selection on the VERY long list on the TV screen I don't know how to look that up myself. (Now I feel bad about making fun of the girl in the clip. . . and of Sarah P.)

I have spent a good bit of time with a friend in London, and watched some TV, and they use a laugh track most of the time, even on live shows. A lot of Brits don't realize that the laughing is "canned" laughter, Ie; a laugh track. I had to point out how poor the timing was on several shows and she started to get the idea. And she is a well educated lady, a retired school principal. It really is annoying.
    C. T.

It is currently streaming on Netflix. I started watching it about 3 weeks ago. I love Richmond!

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Any chance that it is streaming on Netflix?

Without going through every possible selection on the VERY long list on the TV screen I don't know how to look that up myself. (Now I feel bad about making fun of the girl in the clip. . . and of Sarah P.)

Yes to Netflix. It's also on Amazon streaming video and iTunes.

...AAPL may be putting some of their $76B+ in cash to work --

Apple joins Hulu bid talks: report -- Friday, 22 July 2011
    (Reuters) - Apple Inc is in early talks to join the bidding for Hulu, the online video site that Walt Disney Co, News Corp and its other owners have put up for sale, Bloomberg cited two unidentified sources as saying.

Apple has begun preliminary discussions that may eventually lead to an acquisition, Bloomberg reported without elaborating.

An Apple spokesman declined to comment.

Hulu's owners, which also include Comcast Corp's NBC Universal and Providence Equity Partners, have begun preliminary sale talks with about a dozen potential buyers, including Google Inc and Microsoft Corp a source familiar with the situation said this month.

The video site is expected to have 1 million paid subscribers by the end of summer, earlier than previously forecast.

Cam that's interesting. I was just reading an article the other day... Speculation about Apple wanting to enter the "cable" market and compete head on with everyone by offering up the oft-requested, never happened a la carte pricing... You pick which channels or shows you want, etc. Moreso than iTunes. Seeing this makes me wonder if there's some truth to it.

The Brits seem to go overboard with the canned laughter tracks in their sitcoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The Brits seem to go overboard with the canned laughter tracks in their sitcoms.
    I think it's referred to as "The Benny Hill Syndrome" . . .
    (Not to be confused with "The Benny Hinn Syndrome" that substitutes asking for donations instead of attempting to stimulate/elicit laughter on the part of the actual home-viewing audience.)

BTW: The clip at the top of this posting does not require a laugh track in my humble opinion.

Thread Information