Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sprouts coming to Yukon?

Large Chain Sprouts coming to Yukon?

There is a "Yukon happenings" thread on Facebook where there was a recent posting about Sprouts coming to Yukon and taking over the current Hastings space. It was commented that Hastings would then take over the old Big Lots spot. While this would be amazing (no more driving to 63rd and May for groceries) I'm anxious to get my hopes up without more concrete evidence. Anyone out there able to corroborate this? I would love to see this happen but similarly to this I'm also growing more and more skeptical of the alleged Yukon Crest as time passes with no movement on that front.

Default Re: Sprouts coming to Yukon?

Interesting, but sure seems like a lot of moving around. Also, and maybe this is just my perception, but I see someone like Sprouts building a new building instead.

If you think about it their first Oklahoma City location to my knowledge was in the remodeled Compusa space so the piece about them taking over an existing space didn't seem too far fetched to me. I've just grown to be skeptical of announcements without any bread crumbs...

Quote Originally Posted by erasmusred View Post
    If you think about it their first Oklahoma City location to my knowledge was in the remodeled Compusa space so the piece about them taking over an existing space didn't seem too far fetched to me. I've just grown to be skeptical of announcements without any bread crumbs...
    Sprout's Norman location remodeled the former Hobby Lobby on Main Street.

I'm not basing my opinion off any facts honestly. Just seems with all the new buildings on the south side of Yukon that's where they'd want to go. Or actually if I were them I'd build between Mustang and Yukon on Mustang road. Couple of corners there at SW29th that could sure use a grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmusred View Post
    There is a "Yukon happenings" thread on Facebook where there was a recent posting about Sprouts coming to Yukon and taking over the current Hastings space. It was commented that Hastings would then take over the old Big Lots spot. While this would be amazing (no more driving to 63rd and May for groceries) I'm anxious to get my hopes up without more concrete evidence. Anyone out there able to corroborate this? I would love to see this happen but similarly to this I'm also growing more and more skeptical of the alleged Yukon Crest as time passes with no movement on that front.
    Has hasting been downsizing stores recently, that seems like a noticeable drop in square footage?

sprouts.jpg
    Well, there's no firm date but this letter sure has the look of legitimacy. A simple Google search confirms that the group listed in this letter does indeed manage the property in question. Very exciting for those of us who would like to have better grocery options than Homeland and Wal-Mart (Before the comments start I know Aldi is down the street but they do not carry anything close to the breadth of selection in produce, and Buy for Less stores have always been very dirty and poorly stocked in my experiences).

Great find -- thanks.

Strange that that letter does not have a date.

Sprouts is coming! - Yukons BestYukons Best

Sprouts is coming!

Things are getting fresh and new for Yukon in 2016.

It was recently announced by Jonathan Gordon, property manager of the Chisholm Shopping Center that the current Hastings store located at 1105 Garth Brooks Blvd will soon be under renovations for a brand new Sprouts Farmers Market. The grand opening is slated for Summer 2016.

Sprouts is an American chain of specialty grocery stores with over 212 stores across the United States. Sprouts stores are smaller than a typical supermarket, focusing only on fresh/healthy foods, produce, and vitamins/supplements.

Per sprouts.com , Once you enter the store you will find mountains of colorful, fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, nuts and sweets, and full-service deli, meat and seafood counters—complete with handmade burgers and sausages. Freshly baked goods, tasty and convenient, ready-to-eat meals, gourmet cheeses, and thousands of natural, organic and gluten-free groceries.

This spring, Hastings will be relocating to the previous Big Lots store located at 1155 Garth Brooks Blvd. This transition will help give them a new bright, open, modern look and help make room for a new business!

Job openings have not been released yet, but once we get that information we will make an announcement.

That's awesome.

Sprouts is a great operation and I hope they continue to open more stores in OKC.

Hastings has already moved and equipment has come in to work on the old Hastings store.

July 13 grand opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    July 13 grand opening.
    That seems fast when I drove by just Monday it still didn't look like much had been done. They better get going fast.

Snapped this photo earlier.

From that photo, they gotta hurry up to be open in a month. Then again I don't know anything about construction timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    From that photo, they gotta hurry up to be open in a month. Then again I don't know anything about construction timelines.
    I drove by the other day and could see inside. it looks liked the floors and shelves were up and the refrigerators/freezwes. and the front sliding doors. it's closer to being done than that picture shows.

The new Sprouts in Yukon opens tomorrow at 7:00am but you might want to get there even earlier to wait in line.

They sure must have done a lot of work in a little over a month since I took that photo.

Drove in that shopping center this afternoon and have never seen so many cars! Sprouts picking Yukon for one of their expansion stores was a really good move IMO. OTOH, I stepped into Hastings and was really surprised that what used to be nice bookstore now looked like an marginally upscale Big Lots. Aisles and aisles of junk is the best description of their inventory and not a bargain anywhere to be seen. Good riddance Hastings. Sorry for the employees, not for the company.

Empty promise: Chisholm Center owners see opportunity in bankruptcies

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record July 22, 2016

YUKON – American Asset Management Services President Jonathan Hattis is having to deal with another tenant declaring bankruptcy at the Chisholm Shopping Center.

Tenant Hastings Entertainment is closing its 120 stores nationwide, leaving a 25,500-square-foot space at the center along Garth Brooks Boulevard. Former tenant Hancock Fabrics announced in April that it would close its 185 stores. The company had a 12,000-square-foot space in the center.

Hattis is optimistic about the situation.

“We find with Sprouts Farmers Market in the center that there are very good opportunities for us,” Hattis said. “While it’s very, very unfortunate that Hastings and Hancock are going out of business, we view (the vacancies) as opportunities,” he said.

Hattis said the tenants were in the center for a long time; therefore, their rent structures were different than new companies. He said with new businesses coming in, he should be able to get a higher rent rate.

A new tenant in the Hancock Fabrics space could be announced soon, he said.

CBRE|Oklahoma broker Stuart Graham handles leasing for the center. He said Sprouts will attract newer tenants who like the customer flow that comes with a grocer.

He said it improved the center’s long-term prospects.

Hastings customers will be able to get items on sale soon, according to court documents. Hilco Merchant Resources LLC and Gordon Brothers Retail Partners LLC were authorized to advertise a going-out-of-business sale. All merchandise must be sold by Oct. 31.

With Hancock gone and Hastings planning to leave, the 227,000-square-foot center will be 80 percent occupied. Hattis said occupancy was up to 94 percent.

American Asset manages retail centers in New Mexico, Illinois, Indiana and Colorado. It has four other centers in Oklahoma, with three in Oklahoma City and one development in Moore. Hattis said the bankruptcies of Hastings and Hancock will not affect how they view future tenants.

“We feel like we look very closely at our tenants,” he said. “Both (Hastings and Hancock) have been around a long time with us. When we put them in the center, they were both seen as very good tenants. We think we’re very cautious in general in a lot of our portfolio.”

Hattis jokingly said he would be warier of companies that begin with an H, and then realized that’s the first initial in his last name.

“I think we’ll stay away from H’s for a while,” he said with a laugh.

Thread Information