Widgets Magazine

Thread: Nice Restaurant I'd Love to See in OKC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nice Restaurant I'd Love to See in OKC

I was in Philadelphia this weekend, and had the opportunity to eat lunch at a restaurant called “The Continental.” From the outside, it looked like an old chrome-front diner, but had a great menu and great atmosphere inside. I spoke to our waitress and the manager, and found out that it is part of the Stephen Starr group of restaurants. Most are in Philadelphia, but he also has restaurants in NYC, Atlantic City and Miami.

The only reason I’m throwing this out there, is because these are the types of places I would love to see in OKC. More intimate places that you can shoehorn into existing buildings rather than new construction like KD’s newly announced place, or Toby Keith’s. I know the restaurant business is risky, but I wonder if Mr. Starr would be willing to look west? He’s been pretty instrumental in some of Philadelphia’s refurbishment.

Here are a couple links to his restaurants:
    The Continental (in old city section of Philadelphia) - http://www.continentalmartinibar.com/
    Jones (also in old city) - http://www.jones-restaurant.com/
    All of them - http://www.starr-restaurant.com/

Default Re: Nice Restaurant I'd Love to See in OKC

I just checked this place out. I'm salivating! Really interesting menu, familiar, yet different enough to add some ooph. Would love to see more places like this in OKC. Cheevers would probably be the closest restaurant we have to The Continental.

If you ever get there, I recommend the Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls. They were awesome. Fun place. Great service.

Its nice to dream even though it will never happen. I long for Boston Market but I doubt they will ever set up shop in OKC.

Bahama Breeze.
    oh, wait . . .

I'm pretty happy with restaurant choices in OKC. I always like to see a new place, but feel like we've got a lot of great local options.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I'm pretty happy with restaurant choices in OKC. I always like to see a new place, but feel like we've got a lot of great local options.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I'll be back home in July, and my goal is to try a different place in OKC (metro) every week. The recent additions look great!

Thread Information