Widgets Magazine

Thread: Whataburger to Open in Norman Early 2011

Default Whataburger to Open in Norman Early 2011

Just heard that Whataburger will open a location in Norman, tentative opening date is January 2011. Not sure of location. Heard about it at the Whataburger Birthday Event in Moore.

Default Re: Whataburger to Open in Norman Early 2011

Quote Originally Posted by NickFiggins View Post
    Just heard that Whataburger will open a location in Norman, tentative opening date is January 2011. Not sure of location. Heard about it at the Whataburger Birthday Event in Moore.
    My uncle is the general contractor for this build, they started dirt work last week. It's on W. Main, just E. of I-35, the old Marc Heitz location.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    My uncle is the general contractor for this build, they started dirt work last week. It's on W. Main, just E. of I-35, the old Marc Heitz location.
    Whatabiglot fer a Whataburger!
    Anything else already slated for some of that space?

That's a shame. That lot could have gone to a lot better use than fast food restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    That's a shame. That lot could have gone to a lot better use than fast food restaurants.
    Guess you should have bought it and done something else with it, huh?

That's pretty cool news. Hopefully it's not the only store they're building in that lot!

7. Default Re: Whataburger to Open in Norman Early 2011

There will be other businesses on the lot.

8. Default Re: Whataburger to Open in Norman Early 2011

How is this possible? I am surprised Whataburger is still going...despite the lack of traffic there.

It's possible because folks like to grab and run with their grub. Could of just as easily been another outlet for an existing chain. Variety is nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    What did you expect? That area is like a giant truck stop.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesimpsons82 View Post
    Guess you should have bought it and done something else with it, huh?
    VERY good point. Now that I think of it that way, it's not a shame a crappy fast food restaurant is going in there, probably with others just like it. Excellent use of land in Oklahoma's allegedly most progressive and unique city.

Our merge with strip-mall Moore is almost complete.

Take a look around that general area. There's nothing progressive or unique about it. What's progressive and unique is further in towards downtown and campus.

There used to be a Whataburger on Lindsay a few years back...why is this news? The had good long french fries--served upright in a cup...BTW--how could a location be "progressive"??? Oh--I forgot--we are talking about Normania...always slavering to be the very first in political correctness...

FWIW, we are talking about an abandoned car lot location, that's across the street from a used car lot location, which itself is next to an eatery and and even more abandoned car lot location. All in all, just about anything, including another fast foodie hut, is somewhat progressive.

C'mon now, Norman is a fair trade city-that designation alone makes the fast food in Norman better than any other suburb in the metro.

16. Default Re: Whataburger to Open in Norman Early 2011

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    FWIW, we are talking about an abandoned car lot location, that's across the street from a used car lot location, which itself is next to an eatery and and even more abandoned car lot location. All in all, just about anything, including another fast foodie hut, is somewhat progressive.
    Don't forget that Jimmy's Egg is going in the old Denny's location

Quote Originally Posted by JimTrabersColostomyBag View Post
    Don't forget that Jimmy's Egg is going in the old Denny's location
    True. It is an expanding/replacing mix of retail and foodie along that stretch of Main. I don't hit many of the spots myself, but all seem to do ok.
    Back when Prairie L was a 24 hr Kettle, it was very much my second home as a student in the late 80's.

What Norman should do is this--get some historians together and re-construct the old Boomerang that was on Lindsay in the 1960's--with the *exact* same recipes and everything made *exactly* the same way. NO EXCEPTIONS! Don't worry about anything politically correct, even have Kaiser's Peqch Ice Cream for dessert. I am sure the #1 with cheese and mayo would have to be more than the 40-cents it was back then (10-cents more for cheese)--but it would bring in a crowd! If you were around in those days--you know precisely what I mean...and in OKC--Glen's would be another nice re-creation...

I am not a huge whataburger fan, but its better than that old dealership and some more jobs.

College kids will love that Whataburger for after the bars. It will do well.

Thread Information