Widgets Magazine

Thread: HWY 152 & SW 59th St

Default HWY 152 & SW 59th St

Supposed to be a new C-Store / Gas station going in across on the East side of 152. Believe it's an independant station.
    10432140_1496311327297881_7800972925808590564_n.jpg

Default Re: HWY 152 & SW 59th St

I saw this awhile ago, but didn't seem like they did much. This area could use it. Right now I have to go to Walmart, cause I really refuse to go to the ones in Wheatland.

I always used the Sinclair in Wheatland when they sold 93 octane. On the independant station, if I owned it in that location 7pm would be closing time every night.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    I always used the Sinclair in Wheatland when they sold 93 octane. On the independant station, if I owned it in that location 7pm would be closing time every night.
    Why do you say that?

Traffic lets up quite a bit on most nights after the "rush hour." Sure, there's still some traffic but by seven it's considerably lighter. It would be nice to see a place to get a cupfull and a tankfull.

Yeah it's just too remote for any steady business at that hour. Customer base in the area right now live in $300K homes. Not typical late night C-Store goers. Once some smaller homes are built there and more retail comes in the night traffic will improve.

I spoke too soon. Braums is going in on the South side of the bank.

Braum's - OKCTalk

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums59thb.jpg

Cool about braums I guess. Not sure why they need another when there is one a few miles down the road.

Is the Braum's still a go for the area?

I was just about to reply about SW 59th and SH 152, questioning a Braum's by a bank. Then I realized SH 152 is now different from the SH 152 I knew growing up. This is not "your father's 152," Newcastle Road that went directly into Wheatland (and not to Newcastle). Never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Is the Braum's still a go for the area?
    As far as I know it's still going south of the bank.

The Valero they built on the NW corner is just about done. Did the plans to develop the NE corner fall through? Either way, that's a great location for a gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by JesStang View Post
    As far as I know it's still going south of the bank.

The Valero they built on the NW corner is just about done. Did the plans to develop the NE corner fall through? Either way, that's a great location for a gas station.
    I was wondering about the NE corner as well. When it was first announced over a year ago I remember seeing a coming soon sign and I believe it was going to be a Sheetz C-Store https://www.sheetz.com/. I was excited once I looked closer to their website and saw what they offered from Deli to Espresso. I did think it was odd (for distribution) since there isn't another Sheetz remotely close. All are located in VA, MD, OH, NC, PA, WV.

Also, wondering if a Starbucks might be going in the corner with the C-Store or will the C-Store just be serving Starbucks coffee? I saw the Starbucks logo on their LED sign.

Thread Information