Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

Question Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

There has been a billboard just west of Crossings Church on Portland that says, Coming Soon with red curtains. They just recently put up a white box with "Memorial and MacArthur". Does anyone know whats going to be built?

Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

Probably a theatre.

Earls BBQ is being built there, they use red in the logo, is that what you are talking about?

before the recession, i know warren theatres was in talks to put a theatre bigger than their moore location somewhere on memorial in between in rockwell and macarthur. i assumed this was abandoned because of the recession.

5. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by rfjeep12 View Post
    before the recession, i know warren theatres was in talks to put a theatre bigger than their moore location somewhere on memorial in between in rockwell and macarthur. i assumed this was abandoned because of the recession.
    Nope. It was a decision made by corporate to have one location per market so they can focus on being exclusive. I thought it was because of the recession, but I found out otherwise.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Earls doesn't seem like the type to put up a teaser billboard with no info and then only put up the cross streets. I want to think this is something a little bigger than an Earls.

Does anyone know more info on a Earls location on Memorial?

Nevermind, just looked at there Facebook page and they broke ground a week ago. So I assume this billboard is not for them.
    Last edited by okc_bel_air; 10-27-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Info found on Earls Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    Nope. It was a decision made by corporate to have one location per market so they can focus on being exclusive. I thought it was because of the recession, but I found out otherwise.
    Interesting, so Moore is the one and only location for the OKC market?

After a little digging on the assessor website I came up with some recent sales.

Hideaway Pizza bought the lot just east of Interurban.
    The SW corner lot was just bought by a company located in MN. for $1.3mil (probably be a big gas station, OnCue I hope)
    Hawthorn Suites bought a lot over behind the starbucks/deaconess building.
    Earls, Arby's and Carls Jr. already have signs up.
    Discount Tire Co. bought the lot just west of the SW corner lot.

It seems these 2 corners are finally starting to take off now that the Integris Proton Center is finished.

I noticed today that this billboard has one again changed. The curtain has now opened just a little bit and you can see cartoon looking eyes peeking through the curtain. Very clever billboard if you ask me...it makes you really want to know what's coming soon to Memorial and MacArthur.

I can't wait to see what it is either. Very good ad!

11. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    After a little digging on the assessor website I came up with some recent sales.

Hideaway Pizza bought the lot just east of Interurban.
    The SW corner lot was just bought by a company located in MN. for $1.3mil (probably be a big gas station, OnCue I hope)
    Hawthorn Suites bought a lot over behind the starbucks/deaconess building.
    Earls, Arby's and Carls Jr. already have signs up.
    Discount Tire Co. bought the lot just west of the SW corner lot.

It seems these 2 corners are finally starting to take off now that the Integris Proton Center is finished.
    Starbucks and Hideaway = Already sounds more impressive than University North Park.

The billboard is for Hideaway.

13. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post

I think that having the new Farmers building just down at Memorial and Rockwell is helping too. That is a lot of people who need places to eat and don't necessarily want to drive down to the mall area.

14. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

I work just east of there and its great to see more places are coming in. Very excited for Hideaway!

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    Sounds like a BS answer from corporate.

is the hideaway on the expressway in warr acres staying? just making sure it isn't a relocation

just applied for their abc application http://okc.gov/AgendaPub/cache/2/ewd...1110113395.PDF

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    is the hideaway on the expressway in warr acres staying? just making sure it isn't a relocation
    Anythings possible but they essentially gutted the place that was there before down to the studs (and rebuilt it just for Hideaway so seems unlikely they would be relocating so soon). The Chilis that was there before relocated to the site of the Crystals Pizza up @ Rockwell and NW Expressway (after Crystals closed, was remodeled and was a decent Mexican place for few years, but bulldozed for a Chilis...sad).

19. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

I doubt that it's a relocation. The new building doesn't look bigger than the existing and the existing is always packed. If they were relocating I would think they would go big enough to not have such a crammed waiting area.

A little late here, but I just saw the billboard for the first time last weekend. The cartoon eyes referenced below belong to the rather shapeless Hideaway character. That'll be exciting!

21. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

Work has start on the corner lot, still not sure what will be there. Tire shop is going up rather quickly and Earls is up, signage in place. Looks as if they are doing interior work and finishing up the parking.

It looks like they have finally broken ground on the Hideaway location on Memorial. I guess they got the vote taken care of for the liquor license. I can't wait for this to get built since I can hop my fence and walk to it in less than five minutes!

If anybody figures out what is going in on the SW corner, please post it. I have been looking everywhere to try to find out what it is and can't find squat. It's driving me a little nuts.

23. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

I heard today that it will be a Conoco station with a liquor store owned and operated by the same people who own the one at May and Memorial.

but isn't that a new conoco/phillips in the new little strip center just a bit west of may and memorial? It is on the south side of memorial across west of that apartment complex... I think the intersection is Clearbrook and Memorial...

25. Default Re: Memorial and North MacArthur - Coming Soon

"The Station" - Northwest corner of May/Memorial. There is the new one west of there but im not sure about any ownership ties there.

Thread Information