Widgets Magazine

Thread: Kum and Go to become Maverick

Blog Entries

Default Kum and Go to become Maverick

Maverick it seems has purchased the entire Kum and Go chain. All 23 Tulsa area stores are being converted in the next few weeks. I have no idea if this is good or bad.

Default Re: Kum and Go to become Maverick

I've stopped at a Maverick stop somewhere in Tennessee maybe, or West Virginia, well somewhere between here and Virgina. Anyway, it was nothing to write home about -- nothing great but nothing bad.

We traveled on the Will Rogers Turnpike a few weeks ago. First time in about 15 years I was surprised to see Kum and Go branded with the travel stop there. I figured it would be branded with Loves like on the Turner Turnpike.

If they adopt the name Maverick it's a great change! I've always hated the name Kum and Go.

Came and went

Apparently the Sapulpa store is set for transition within the next couple weeks. I am not super familiar with Maverick, but at this point all these convenience stores feel the same. Same coolers, same donuts, pretty similar pizza/hot offerings. Only thing to be aware of is the fact that as these companies grow so big, they start controlling the markets. Probably should support your local independent station while it lasts... QT already has a stranglehold on most of Tulsa. They could probably set gas prices to whatever they want within the city.

Thread Information