Widgets Magazine

Thread: Question on Service Request for Road Repairs

Default Question on Service Request for Road Repairs

A few weeks back I sent in a service request with the City to get a road that is terrible resurfaced. I forgot to check the box saying they could contact me, so I checked back on it and it says as follows:

Request Number Request Type Request Status Request Date Request Resolution Resolution Date Inspection Date Action Taken
    C14-17319 STREET TRAFFIC - Street Resurfacing Closed 4/9/2014 Closed 5/30/2014 5/30/2014 Letter Approved.
    C14-17319 STREET TRAFFIC - Street Resurfacing Closed 4/9/2014 Closed 5/30/2014 5/29/2014 Resolved.

Does anyone know what this mean? I kind of read it as it's going to be resurfaced, but with the way things are done, who knows.

Default Re: Question on Service Request for Road Repairs

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    A few weeks back I sent in a service request with the City to get a road that is terrible resurfaced. I forgot to check the box saying they could contact me, so I checked back on it and it says as follows:

Request Number Request Type Request Status Request Date Request Resolution Resolution Date Inspection Date Action Taken
    C14-17319 STREET TRAFFIC - Street Resurfacing Closed 4/9/2014 Closed 5/30/2014 5/30/2014 Letter Approved.
    C14-17319 STREET TRAFFIC - Street Resurfacing Closed 4/9/2014 Closed 5/30/2014 5/29/2014 Resolved.

Does anyone know what this mean? I kind of read it as it's going to be resurfaced, but with the way things are done, who knows.
    It means they looked at the issue...

3. Default Re: Question on Service Request for Road Repairs

Look at the headers in the first line. To break it down in a different way:
    Request Number: C14-17319
    Request Type: STREET TRAFFIC - Street resurfacing
    Request Status: Closed
    Request Date: 4/9/2014
    Requested Resolution: Closed
    Resolution Date: 5/30/2014
    Inspection Date: 5/30/2014
    Action Taken: Letter Approved

And so on.
    What does it mean? I don't know for sure, but it looks like they performed an inspection and closed the request.

I get that, but the ones where I submitted pothole work look the same, and I know for a fact the potholes were filled cause I saw it. Now on something where they didn't do anything, I've seen them say no violation found.

Granted this isn't a violation I'm still curious if it's going to be resurfaced. I know we've had a few lurkers here in the past that can find this stuff out, I was just hoping they'd speak up.

I think you have to sacrifice a goat on a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I get that, but the ones where I submitted pothole work look the same, and I know for a fact the potholes were filled cause I saw it. Now on something where they didn't do anything, I've seen them say no violation found.

Granted this isn't a violation I'm still curious if it's going to be resurfaced. I know we've had a few lurkers here in the past that can find this stuff out, I was just hoping they'd speak up.
    Just call Public Works and ask: 297-2581

Thread Information