Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

The stockyards smell funny.

2. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

[singing] Fat man in a little coat... [/singing]

~~*DarlingDiva*~~ Guest

Question Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

LOL,This is great,Can someone please tell me which is the "BAD" side of town in Oklahoma City???Im confused.

DD

4. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

oh...wrong thread....and it momma dresses it funny!

5. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

is there a good side? :laughing:

~~*DarlingDiva*~~ Guest

Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Exactly,Hey man your movie quote buddy will be home in about 45 mins.Im telling him you are wayyyy in the lead He has alot to make up.LOl

DD

7. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Quote Originally Posted by OneDivasDestiny
    Exactly,Hey man your movie quote buddy will be home in about 45 mins.Im telling him you are wayyyy in the lead He has alot to make up.LOl

DD
    (laughing!!!!) Tell him I said hi!

oh I mean...

The Denny's suck around here! Grrr...

MasterWolf Guest

Yes, Im here now!! Ha Ha Ha!! All Sides are bad in the City...North, South, West, East....Question is, Which one looks like a pile of dog poo?

9. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterWolf
    Yes, Im here now!! Ha Ha Ha!! All Sides are bad in the City...North, South, West, East....Question is, Which one looks like a pile of dog poo?
    Can you say... East? I also agree the bridges could use a "make over."

10. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Another thing I've never understood was where are the suburbs?????? I mean other than a small little sign her or there, I can't tell!

11. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Bridges over the river are ugly. Plain ugly.

MasterWolf Guest

I think all bridges in this city are ugly.

13. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Bridges? they have those????

Here is a simple solution (at least at night) for the ugly bridges over the Oklahoma River:

http://www.mthurricane.com/FL_Bridge_1.jpg

Patrick Guest

Very nice!

Again, a little landscaping, or even a little more architecture on our bridges could help as well.

I think the drawings for the new I-40 crosstown bridges were pleasant to the eyes.

Not sure if this is universal... but why do Asian restaurants in this city use such crappy ingredients!? It's to the point where I really have to pick and choose my Asian restaurants because many insist in the cheapest possible ingredients.

If I don't know what part of the animal the food came from, I'm not eating it.

Patrick Guest

Found any dog meat in that Asian food?

Anyways, why is it we have so many chain restaurants in this town? We need more local restaurants. That's why I've moved away from wanting theme restaurants in Bricktown. I want more unique restaurants, like Chelinos, Coach's, Pearls Crabtown, etc. That's why I was incredibly happy to hear whe Nonna's was opening up in Bricktown. I think Nonna's will be a fine unqiue attraction to the Bricktown area.

Anytime I go out of town somewhere, I always look for a unique local restaurant. If I want to eat chain food, I might as well stay at home.

MasterWolf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Anyways, why is it we have so many chain restaurants in this town? We need more local restaurants. That's why I've moved away from wanting theme restaurants in Bricktown. I want more unique restaurants, like Chelinos, Coach's, Pearls Crabtown, etc. That's why I was incredibly happy to hear whe Nonna's was opening up in Bricktown. I think Nonna's will be a fine unqiue attraction to the Bricktown area.

Anytime I go out of town somewhere, I always look for a unique local restaurant. If I want to eat chain food, I might as well stay at home.
    I think we have more McDonalds than anyone. Practically one on every corner.

19. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterWolf
    I think we have more McDonalds than anyone. Practically one on every corner.
    McDonald's suck!

20. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Well, it seems that Chelino's has gone to crap since its inception in 1993. It's as if the more restaurants the owner opens, the lesser the quality is. It's now to the point the only reason to go to Chelino's is to eat on one of three patios. May as well munch on chips and salsa and knock back a few brews. Wouldn't waste my time on the rest of the menu

Proactive Volunteer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse
    Well, it seems that Chelino's has gone to crap since its inception in 1993. It's as if the more restaurants the owner opens, the lesser the quality is. It's now to the point the only reason to go to Chelino's is to eat on one of three patios. May as well munch on chips and salsa and knock back a few brews. Wouldn't waste my time on the rest of the menu

The Bricktown Chelino's has always had food that was not as good as their other locations.

The Chelino's at NW 16th and Meridian is the VERY BEST IN OKC!! Best food, service and green beer!! Check it out!!

Patrick Guest

I geuss it just depends on the Chelino's location.....the Bricktown one is better than the one at NW 59th and N. May......I've never gotten good food there.

if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything

24. Default Re: In this thread, we say bad things about the city...

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything
    this is the thread were we get to say bad things.
    on that note. my biggest problem, ive voiced this in other threads, is that the streets are in horrible condition. I HATE OUR STREETS. THEY SUCK!

The Arts District is definitely a location in transition. As I walked from the library to the Museum of Art to the Civic Center to the Montgomery, I ran across suit-and-tie folk as well as homeless folk. Such a stark contrast of education (library), culture (Civic Center, Museum), elite (Montgomery, Legacy Summit) and poverty (homeless shelters)...

Will the newness of the upscale Montgomery wear out for the residents who see bums constantly walking through "their" neighborhood? Will those in charge of the homeless shelters feel the pressure from the elites to locate their establishments elsewhere?

I honestly am in a quandry. I don't think we should 'force' the shelters out, because they are truly doing a good service for OKC. At the same time, I really don't want visitors (and residents) to get the wrong impression of OKC every time they walk to the Museum or library.

Opinions?...

Thread Information