Widgets Magazine

Thread: Red Light Cameras?

1. Default Red Light Cameras?

I think we've discussed this before but I can't find it.

Do the little black cameras mounted on top of the signal lights take pictures, say if one should accidently slide through an intersection while the light was still yellow and quickly turned red halfway through, on an early Sunday morning with no one else in sight?

Just curious - lol ...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Red Light Cameras?

No, the cameras are for the traffic center to see in realtime what the flow of traffic is like and to easily dispatch police or change the light signal pattern based upon how busy a certain light is.

Not all the cameras are working. Only a few. They just put them in most of the lights because it was cheaper to do it all at once.

3. Default Re: Red Light Cameras?

Thank you, thank you, thank you .. I'm not relieved or anything ha.ha.

Actually, I'm always so careful when I drive and to do something stupid just freaks me out.

I've never had an accident (Knock on Wood!) and only 1 ticket in all my life for speeding and 1 for passing a semi truck, so this stuff worries me beyond belief.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Don't worry, we don't have a red light district.

Yeah, nothing to worry about. Edmond doesn't have enough money to buy cameras good enough for incrimination purposes.

We had red light cameras in Frisco,TX and believe me, they are big! They are actually on the side of the rode with a large light to illuminate the license plates of those who are naughty when they take a picture.

I know people gripe about them, but they do cut down on the bad accidents caused by red light runners. We saw the accidents decrease in frequency and intensity. There were a few fender benders in the beginng when not everyone knew of the cameras being there and were tailgating a car that would stop at the light. Afterwards, even those numbers went down.

I can see how they could help, but at the same time, I can see how they would be a distraction.

8. Default Re: Red Light Cameras?

I like to remove my plates and drive through those things with a beer can held up at the camera at 4 in the morning going 80 mph.

I just wish that I could see the pictures

Thread Information