Widgets Magazine

Thread: PRONTO New York Style Pizza

Default PRONTO New York Style Pizza

Pronto has a generic website with stock images, dead links, and almost nothing on their FB page.

How do these places stay in business?

https://www.prontopizzaokc.com/

2. Default Re: Ingrid's Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pronto has a generic website with stock images, dead links, and almost nothing on their FB page.

It's amazing to me how many small businesses haven't grasped the idea that it's 2024. An online media presence is necessary. And with the available resources it's not hard to put together a decent site.

3. Default Re: Ingrid's Kitchen

Well in their defense, It does say on the web page that they like keeping things simple.

Default Re: Ingrid's Kitchen

They have 15 or so reviews on Google, and all except one are glowing, so they're getting some business (a few do say they saw it when they drove by). We *might* try them (since we only live 1/2 mile away), but suspect their pizzas will be Papa John's/Marco's quality, at best.

Since I live so close and love New York-style pizza, I decided to give Pronto a try.

Their website now features online ordering, so I ordered a Margherita pizza and 15 minutes later, it was ready for pickup. The inside looks like a jail cell; all black with a handful of inexpensive tables and chairs and a order/pickup window. Obviously, they are not trying to cultivate dine-in business.

I liked the pizza a lot. Very similar to Empire and the crust was cooked perfectly; not too floppy and a bit chewy.

With tax & tip it was about $25 for an 18" pie.

Since I live so close and love New York-style pizza, I decided to give Pronto a try.

Their website now features online ordering, so I ordered a Margherita pizza and 15 minutes later, it was ready for pickup. The inside looks like a jail cell; all black with a handful of inexpensive tables and chairs and a order/pickup window. Obviously, they are not trying to cultivate dine-in business.

I liked the pizza a lot. Very similar to Empire and the crust was cooked perfectly; not too floppy and a bit chewy.

Not bad pricing. Looks good!

How does it compare to Dado's?

That's kind of a sad looking margherita pizza, we've had frozen ones that looked better than that. Still probably going to give them a shot at some point, though, just because we're so close.

Oh, and wife said there appeared to be work happening at the actual Ingrid's, I think the "For Lease" sign might be down, but can't remember.

Are you as critical of other things as you are of food?

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Are you as critical of other things as you are of food?
    Absolutely, I have high standards for everything. Life's too short to eat bad food (and yes, I know I haven't tried it yet, but will soon and am reserving total judgement until then and if it's decent, I'll say so).

Not gonna lie, that looks pretty good. If it has a lighter crust than Empire it would be pretty standard good NYC pizza.

I wish they sold by the slice.

Default PRONTO New York Style Pizza

This New York style pizza joint just opened up in the old Ingrid’s event space at NW 36th And Villa. I’ve been twice now and really enjoyed their pies! They’re 18”, like other true NY style places. Check them out!

prontopizzaokc.com

Default Re: PRONTO New York Style Pizza

We picked up a "The King" pizza and bruschetta from them on Friday. Bread for the bruschetta was almost like baguette chips, just hard and crunchy and not very good, but the topping was very good, so we saved it and got a take'n'bake olive baguette from Sprouts and ate the rest of the topping on that bread. Pizza was adequate, crust had almost no taste, toppings were completely average (wife said too many onions and peppers, not enough meat, which isn't surprising since meat costs more, they're cheaping out). Wife didn't even eat the bones, and that *never* happens. Can't decide how it compares to Empire, we don't really like them much either. We *may* get delivery from them if we don't want to cook or go out some night, but they're not really a good option for us.

This place is about five blocks from the house and the walk over and back is pleasant enough when it’s not hotter than the hinges of Hell outside. I usually come alone, so an 18” pie is too much (recently discovered they offer 12” pies), and have only ordered single serving stuff like pasta, calzones and hero’s. The red sauce (presumably their only red sauce) is quite simple and mildly seasoned (perhaps to a fault) is made with very good quality imported Italian Plum Tomatoes and taken by itself is quite unremarkable. However, I happened on the Italian Sausage Hero and all I can say is simple and perfect. A very nice toasted sub roll, sliced robustly seasoned (fennel forward) Italian sausage swimming in a nice portion of the red sauce adorned with shredded real mozzerella. The strong flavors from the sausage tempered in the simple red sauce combine to scream perfect “Italian-American”, greater than the sum of the parts. Well worth the trip just for this sandwich.

15. Default Re: PRONTO New York Style Pizza

Last night, we used Uber Eats to order pizza from Pronto. We kept it pretty simple: We got a large Pepperoni on one side and some other toppings on the other. The Pizza was delicious, and we will definitely go back for more. However, the meatballs and the red sauce lacked flavor. I'm not sure how you can make a pizza that good without the flavor in your other items.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	6.46 MB 
ID:	18891 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	5.10 MB 
ID:	18892

well they don't call it pronto meatballs

I had it the other week. I got their equivalent of the supreme pizza and garlic bread. The pizza was cooked perfect, very well tuned oven. I asked if they were going to serve by the slice and they said i'ts in the works. I'll be back when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    well they don't call it pronto meatballs
    ok that got me

I saw a banner advertising they now serve by the slice. Ill check it out today, but either way I suspect my attendance there will start rising.

Thread Information