Widgets Magazine

Thread: Helmerich & Payne to buy KCA Deutag for $1.97 bln - Tulsa Business

Default Helmerich & Payne to buy KCA Deutag for $1.97 bln - Tulsa Business

Good to see one of the traditional stalwarts in Tulsa growing.

"Oilfield services firm Helmerich & Payne Inc (HP.N), opens new tab will acquire Britain's KCA Deutag International for $1.97 billion in cash, making the combined company one of the biggest rig providers in the Middle East, the companies said on Thursday."

KCA Deutag spans 23 countries, where we employ over 10,500 people in our Land, Offshore and Kenera business units. We currently operate 160 drilling rigs across the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Caspian Sea, Latin America and Canada."

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...on-2024-07-25/

Tulsa's corporate titans have been doing well lately.

Williams Companies (WMB) up 21.54% YTD, 24.93% over 1 year. Market Cap has surged to around $53 Billion, making it the state's most valuable company. They are growing and have had several large acquisitions in the past 3 years.

Likewise, ONEOK (OKE) is up 17.25% YTD, 24.21% over 1 year. Market Cap has shot up to around $48 Billion, which would come in as the state's second most valuable company. They recently completed a $18 Billion acquisition of Magellan Midstream.. another Tulsa based company. Glad to see Magellan not move to Houston as we've all seen in the past.

BOK Financial , (BOKF), is up 20.32% YTD, 16.14 over 1 year. Market Cap is around $6.5 Billion. I don't follow them as closely, but I believe they're still the state's largest bank. I know they've been expanding regionally.

Unfortunately - this list is small... Tulsa & Oklahoma in general could really benefit from landing a F500 HQ. Particularly outside of the Energy space. That's not an easy task, but it would really be incredible.

Default Re: Helmerich & Payne to buy KCA Deutag for $1.97 bln - Tulsa Business

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBenjals! View Post
    Good to see one of the traditional stalwarts in Tulsa growing.

"Oilfield services firm Helmerich & Payne Inc (HP.N), opens new tab will acquire Britain's KCA Deutag International for $1.97 billion in cash, making the combined company one of the biggest rig providers in the Middle East, the companies said on Thursday."

KCA Deutag spans 23 countries, where we employ over 10,500 people in our Land, Offshore and Kenera business units. We currently operate 160 drilling rigs across the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Caspian Sea, Latin America and Canada."

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...on-2024-07-25/

Tulsa's corporate titans have been doing well lately.

Williams Companies (WMB) up 21.54% YTD, 24.93% over 1 year. Market Cap has surged to around $53 Billion, making it the state's most valuable company. They are growing and have had several large acquisitions in the past 3 years.

Likewise, ONEOK (OKE) is up 17.25% YTD, 24.21% over 1 year. Market Cap has shot up to around $48 Billion, which would come in as the state's second most valuable company. They recently completed a $18 Billion acquisition of Magellan Midstream.. another Tulsa based company. Glad to see Magellan not move to Houston as we've all seen in the past.

BOK Financial , (BOKF), is up 20.32% YTD, 16.14 over 1 year. Market Cap is around $6.5 Billion. I don't follow them as closely, but I believe they're still the state's largest bank. I know they've been expanding regionally.

Unfortunately - this list is small... Tulsa & Oklahoma in general could really benefit from landing a F500 HQ. Particularly outside of the Energy space. That's not an easy task, but it would really be incredible.
    It would be awesome if Loves or Hobby Lobby went public. They'd both be Fortune 500 from the get-go. Will never happen, but still.

I agree on them not going public. If a company needs/wants that massive blast of capital, they might go public but the advantages to ownership to stay private are huge. Otherwise, the economic effect on the city on public vs. private ownership is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I agree on them not going public. If a company needs/wants that massive blast of capital, they might go public but the advantages to ownership to stay private are huge. Otherwise, the economic effect on the city on public vs. private ownership is negligible.
    Yep. Perception of being a Fortune 500 company isn't that important to the company itself. More ao to the city and state. But everyone knows how big those companies are.

I'd love a tech company moving here. Or Paycom grow into a Fortune 500 company. But that will be a while.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, getting a move here would be next to impossible with that economic vacuum to the south sucking everything up. OK needs to bend over backwards to give OK based businesses every possible advantage starting with the elimination of the state corporate income tax.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    It would be awesome if Loves or Hobby Lobby went public. They'd both be Fortune 500 from the get-go. Will never happen, but still.
    Love's, QuikTrip, Continental Resources and Hobby Lobby would all be F500 companies. BOK Financial would likely be just outside the F500.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Yep. Perception of being a Fortune 500 company isn't that important to the company itself. More ao to the city and state. But everyone knows how big those companies are.

I'd love a tech company moving here. Or Paycom grow into a Fortune 500 company. But that will be a while.
    Paycom is S&P 500, which is highly relevant if not more relevant metric.

S&P/Fortune 500s very rarely move. It's not going to happen. Going to have to be done organically.

Thread Information