Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belle Kitchen

Deep Deuce Belle Kitchen

Having started at the OSU-OKC Farmer's Market last May, owner Cheryl Davenport and pastry chef Shelby Sieg soon found strong demand for their artisan pastries. So much so, they are now on the verge of opening two brick-and-mortar locations in Oklahoma City.

Construction on the first site at 7509 N. May near Grand is already well underway. The second location will be in the trendy OKSea project in the Deep Deuce area of downtown.

Both locations will feature coffee, desserts, breads, ice cream and sandwiches.

Davenport is a seasoned business and marketing executive with most recent experience at Microsoft and a deep passion for pastry and doughnuts. Her vision of quality products with local sourcing is at the foundation of Belle Kitchen.

Sieg is an experienced and well respected pastry chef, most recently a part of The George in northwest Oklahoma City. Her specialty gourmet pastries, doughnuts and macarons are all made from scratch and hand-made using high quality ingredients.

Belle will also feature custom-flavored gourmet ice cream which can be made to order while you wait.

Additionally, coffee, artisan breads and sandwiches will be offered.

Acting as a consultant on the savory items will be Chef Marc Dunham of the Francis Tuttle School of Culinary Art.

Davenport describes their approach to food as “a bit edgy but approachable”.

Belle Kitchen hopes to open on N. May in 2 to 3 weeks with the Deep Deuce location to follow approximately 4 to 5 weeks later. Hours will be from early morning to 3PM on weekdays and 10PM on Friday and Saturdays, with the the Deep Deuce location staying open as late as midnight.

Belle will join another restaurant, Anchor Down, in the OKSea project, which is in the process of adding an adjacent dog park fronting their outdoor patio.

2. Default Re: Belle Kitchen

Hmmm...Definitely not the kind of place I need to be frequenting diet wise but based on the food of her's that I was served at The George..... This place should be pretty amazing!

Default Re: Belle Kitchen

Yes, Shelby Sieg is a very talented pastry chef.

I've had some of their donuts and macarons and they are pretty fantastic. Different than what most people are used to but very light and flavorful.

Particularly happy they plan to stay open late in Deep Deuce; will help create more life in that district.

4. Default Re: Belle Kitchen

This looks great, though I don't know how I feel about having delicious looking donuts right across the street at all hours of the day. Let's just say I have a weak spot. Glad to see OKSea getting filled in!

Blog Entries

constant access to donuts couldn't possibly be bad

The good news for you all is that you're not going to be under a typhoon of sugar, so at least they're not TERRIBLE for you: Shelby does a fantastic job of finding balance in what she makes (which is mostly on the pastry/dessert side). She finds great ways to keep the sugar from running away with whatever she prepares, and finds other ways to keep your palette interested.

Her ice creams are super legit as well. And her breads amazing.

Seriously, she's probably the most talented chef in the city right now and in the whole George debacle, what I was most concerned about was her leaving and going back to New York. This is a great get for OKC's culinary scene, and this is a great medium for her to display her talent and make a contribution to the city. PLLLEEEAAASSEEEE support this business!

I was fixing to start a thread on pastry. Other then Panara, and Ingreds and La Bagette, not really many places to get good breakfast pastry in town. I'm not talk Dunkin Donuts and that stuff, I'm mean Danish, strudels and that kind of stuff. Hopefully this place will have it. I've looking at moving to the Twin Cities, one of the reasons is the pastry shops up there, Yummmmmm!!!!!

Oh geez - exactly what we need right across the street! :-D

Assuming OKSea is not a permanent location (given that OKSea is not supposed to be permanent), I would absolutely love to see them move to one of the north lots on 4th/Oklahoma. That *SHOULD* become the center of Deep Deuce in the next 10 years, given how inactive the corners are at 2nd/Walnut and the southbound foot traffic from AA down Oklahoma and the eventual nature of 4th as a major E/W corridor in downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I was fixing to start a thread on pastry. Other then Panara, and Ingreds and La Bagette, not really many places to get good breakfast pastry in town. I'm not talk Dunkin Donuts and that stuff, I'm mean Danish, strudels and that kind of stuff. Hopefully this place will have it. I've looking at moving to the Twin Cities, one of the reasons is the pastry shops up there, Yummmmmm!!!!!
    Have you been to Prairie Thunder?

FINALLY!!!!! A place with donuts that's worth going to that's open past 2 PM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    FINALLY!!!!! A place with donuts that's worth going to that's open past 2 PM!!!!

Have you been to Hurt's Donuts?? They're really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Have you been to Hurt's Donuts?? They're really good.
    I've had them when someone's brought some in to my wife's office, and yeah, they're one of the best in the metro, but we live on NW 164th/May, so there's no way in hell we're going to get down there on any kind of regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I've had them when someone's brought some in to my wife's office, and yeah, they're one of the best in the metro, but we live on NW 164th/May, so there's no way in hell we're going to get down there on any kind of regular basis.
    Ah yeah. I live in North Edmond so it's a bit of inconvenience for me too

Sometimes when I go cruising around the city late at night I'll drive up there though.

Sometimes when I go cruising around the city late at night I'll drive up there though.
    Ah, to be young and carefree again enough to cruise the city late night, lol....

Blog Entries

I cruise around sometimes at night with my 10 month old daughter...best thing next to benadryl to get her to sleep, lol.

Thought you'd moved to LA?

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Thought you'd moved to LA?
    I'm back until December at least but January at the latest. I got here in late September for various reasons but I still have a place out there.

19. Default Re: Belle Kitchen

Any update on when this might be opening?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Any update on when this might be opening?
    Last I heard was Feb. for May Ave, March for OKSea. I'm picking up 2 dozen donuts and 2 dozen macarons on Saturday - I'll ask.

Last I heard was Feb. for May Ave, March for OKSea. I'm picking up 2 dozen donuts and 2 dozen macarons on Saturday - I'll ask.
    Still hoping for sometime in February for opening the first location - timing depends on inspections...

22. Default Re: Belle Kitchen

Still hoping for sometime in February for opening the first location - timing depends on inspections...
    Cool, thanks for the update!

Looks like a mess inside but it appears most the work is done and they are now just placing the bigger equipment (this is the N. May location):

Per the owner, the N. May location should be open in about a month and the one in OKSea in April.

We are ready to open at out location on N May Ave on Friday at 6 am! We will be doing a soft opening today (Wednesday) at 3pm!

Thread Information