Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sonic and Qdoba coming to SW 104th

Default Sonic and Qdoba coming to SW 104th

Land has been purchased on the north side of SW 104th between Pennsylvania and May. More specifically, Midfirst is on the corner and there is a Legacy car wash to the west of the bank. Sonic will be west of the car wash and Qdoba to the west of Sonic. (All east of the existing Sherwin Williams paint store)

Default Re: Sonic and Qdoba coming to SW 104th

Been wondering what that was as I have seen dirt work ongoing for the last few months. Thanks!

Me like Qdoba but the one in Norman will still be closer...Definitely need one in Moore

think i'd be happier with chipotle over qdoba... but i'll take it. :P

surprised at sonic going in here as the area is already pretty saturated. there's already one at 89th & may and another at 119th and may and several more within another couple miles.

They will probably do well; lots of people in the area now...but the traffic at certain times of the day will be bad...and the hill that is right there by Sherwin Williams will create a problem. The Sonic will have to go a long way to be better than the one at 89th & May; it is the best one. Wish they'd have put in a Schlotsky's instead; the one on 240 is hard to get in and out of.

More Qdobas = AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    think i'd be happier with chipotle over qdoba... but i'll take it. :P

surprised at sonic going in here as the area is already pretty saturated. there's already one at 89th & may and another at 119th and may and several more within another couple miles.
    That's not unusual for Sonic. There are three Sonic locations within a 1 mile radius of where I work in NW OKC.

Yes, sonics are plentiful. There is one at 89th and May, 119th and May, 82 and Western, 116 and western and 134th and Penn. I'm looking forward to Qdoba, it's close to my office. I drive down 104th every day.

Not much of a Qdoba fan, but having a Sonic less than 300 feet away will be nice for when I get off work and that is close by where I don't have to go out of my way for dinner.

Speaking of Sonic has anyone tried their new premium hot dogs...Look pretty damn good but haven't had a chance to try one

Quote Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
    Land has been purchased on the north side of SW 104th between Pennsylvania and May. More specifically, Midfirst is on the corner and there is a Legacy car wash to the west of the bank. Sonic will be west of the car wash and Qdoba to the west of Sonic. (All east of the existing Sherwin Williams paint store)
    Not doubting you, but where'd you see this info?

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Speaking of Sonic has anyone tried their new premium hot dogs...Look pretty damn good but haven't had a chance to try one
    Haven't tried them only because they aren't my thing. Did try their "new & improved" footlong though, and preferred the one they had before. Dog seems tougher now and some sort of wang to it that it didn't have before. Tried a couple of more times thinking it may have just been "off", but the same thing.

The best footlong coney (and haven't tried everyone in town so please don't flame me as all tastes are different) is the one from Big Eds.

On edit, one of the specialty ones is a smaller version of the coney, so may taste the same as the original.

Skywest, The guy that sold them the land told me.

Ah cool. Well I can't wait. Besides panera bread, there really aren't any food places by my house, all on may or western.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I've had the New York dog (kraut, spicy mustard & grilled onions) and it's very good. I like it much better than their coney, as I'm not a fan of their chili OR the cheese product they use on the footlongs.

LarryOKC - I think what makes the meat a little tougher & gives it the different flavor is that it's an all beef dog now.

I cant stand kraut so I won't be tempted to even try that one. Agree about the "cheese product". I usually ask them to use sliced cheese or leave it off and add it myself at home. Not sure what it is, have had all beef dogs before and they weren't that way but maybe thats it. Reminds me a few years back, Braums went to a "thicker/juicier" burger and when they did, they took all the flavor out of it. Think it was about the same time they switched from the krinkle cut fries. Fortunately neither lasted very long and they went back to the good stuff. Now if we could just get them to go back to the half-gallon containers! As far as I know Blue Bell is the only one that hasn't down sized (yet)

Saw dirt work today. Looks like construction is about to start for sure.

also, 'coming soon' sign is up for qdoba. -M

Have been waiting for a Qdoba in our area forever. WOOHOO!!! Delighted to see them coming in.

Now having seen the dirt work, not quite sure how you'd squeeze in a Sonic between them and the carwash??

If I owned the Sonic at either 89th and May or 119th and May I'd be a little concerned about one going in at 104th and Penn. However, the difference between the two existing ones (89th = good, 119th = not so good) suggests maybe another option would be useful.

Great to see Q'doba going in. Really looking forward to it!

i may be wrong, but i was thinking sonic would go between qdoba and sherwin williams... -M

i may be wrong, but i was thinking sonic would go between qdoba and sherwin williams... -M
    Doh on me, that makes sense

qdoba on sw 104th & penn opened today... -M

qdoba on sw 104th & penn opened today... -M

Can't wait for the one in Moore...Ain't never gonna lose weight!

Mmmmm.....good stuff!

Thread Information