Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mexican for a crowd?

Default Mexican for a crowd?

I am taking about 20-25 people for a work dinner and they are asking for Mexican. It will be a late Saturday afternoon meal and they do not want Ted's, Alfredo's, or a chain restaurant. Preferably something locally owned and at a decent price point that can accommodate a crowd. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Mexican for a crowd?

I'm confused, isn't Ted's locally owned?

What part of town are you going to be in?

I think they were saying they don't want a chain.. AND they don't want Teds.

Chelino's downtown could most definitely handle that size of crowd.
    Chiltepes could probably as well if they were up for not just traditional Mexican ( though they do have Mexican as well as Guatamalan )

Sorry for the confusion - yes, Ted and Alfredo's are native to Oklahoma, but they've specifically requested some place other than Ted's or Alfredo's. Any part of Edmond is good.

1492 is more Latin fusion than Mexican, but their food is solid. You may have to call ahead for a large crowd but they can probably fit 20-25.

We really like San Marcos. There is also a Chelino's in Edmond.

There is a new place called Hidalgo's that just opened and it is excellent. There is plenty of space for a large group and the food and service were top notch. It's located in the corner of the Homeland shopping center at Edmond Road and Santa Fe. This may be like the 5th different mexican restaurant in that location over the years, but I have a feeling it will do well.

Hidalgo?s Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - Mexican - Edmond, OK - Yelp

Haven't been there but La Salsa Grill next to the Bricktown Brewery in Edmond has really increased the number of cars in the parking lot since they've opened.

Los Arcos in Bryant Squre.

Alvarado's on Broadway would probably be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    There is a new place called Hidalgo's that just opened and it is excellent. There is plenty of space for a large group and the food and service were top notch. It's located in the corner of the Homeland shopping center at Edmond Road and Santa Fe. This may be like the 5th different mexican restaurant in that location over the years, but I have a feeling it will do well.

Hidalgo?s Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - Mexican - Edmond, OK - Yelp
    This is perfect! I have already called and they are more than happy to accommodate us. I truly appreciate all the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbells View Post
    This is perfect! I have already called and they are more than happy to accommodate us. I truly appreciate all the suggestions.
    Let us know what you think. My wife and I live right down the street and tried Hidalgo's a few weeks ago. It wasn't close to being as good as Ted's but we also got the impression it might be more of a Peruvian (or other Latin American country) cuisine restaurant that also serves Mexican because it's more mainstream. They had several grilled meat choices they were really pushing but we passed over them in favor of tex-mex and we plan to go back and try one or more of those in the future.

I love 3 tequillas
    Great fajitas and margaritas

Thread Information