Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai House II -- closed?

Default Thai House II -- closed?

Is Thai House II on NW23rd closed for good?

Anyone know the details?

Default Re: Thai House II -- closed?

I'm set to go pick up some Choo Chee Pla Dook in about 5 minutes.

Is this the one on 23rd at Meridian? If so, not very good, and I wish it were because I live close by.

4. Default Re: Thai House II -- closed?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is this the one on 23rd at Meridian? If so, not very good, and I wish it were because I live close by.
    No, that's the original. Thai House II is on 23rd around Walker (I forget the exact cross street).

Bummer. That place was good.

Still open. At least I would assume so based on the full parking lot yesterday & the open signed turned on.

7. Default Re: Thai House II -- closed?

I noticed the same on Friday evening.

Well, that is good to hear! Maybe they just closed that one night very early.

I love that stuff the lady there calls a chicken salad……cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, chicken, and spices. I have been eating there at least once a week at their lunch buffet, but I’m trying to diet now…… no more buffet.

The old Thai lady there really tweaks out on me for not leaving a tip…… I never really saw the point in leaving a tip at a buffet, but after she freaked out on me so hard over it I looked it up and found that 10% is customary. If they don’t even take my old plate though I still don’t tip her.

She’s got some story about how if the first customer of the day doesn’t tip then the whole day is going to be bad. She used to take my fortune cookie back when I went to pay. She would freak out and write ‘no tip’ on my credit card receipt before she gave it to me. Make a huge deal when I came in to the old man there about ‘no tip today’…… it was a trip.

After I started tipping her she changed her tune…. I’ve never been to a place that freaked out over 75 cents so hard. Whatever.

10. Default Re: Thai House II -- closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfwd View Post
    After I started tipping her she changed her tune…. I’ve never been to a place that freaked out over 75 cents so hard. Whatever.
    75 cents times 50 customers really adds up.

if you are regular at a place and you don't tip and they give you bad service it is because they don't want you to come back. also they are probably screwing with your food or drinks.

it is not right. but it is probably true.

Well, they’re going to have to do something besides bring me a glass of water to earn that 75 cents….. you don’t get a tip for absolutely nothing and eating at a buffet and getting my own food really leaves little for them to earn a tip over.

It’s a buffet. They can’t really do anything to my food. I pay my $7.60 just like everybody else……they can suck it up and serve me. Besides that…..like I said, she changed her tune when I started leaving her the dollar tip or whatever. Apparently it’s not an issue of not wanting me to come in – she just wants her dollar extra for bringing me a glass of water.

12. Default Re: Thai House II -- closed?

i've never had poor service there. you may consider it has something to do with your attitude. i don't know. i'm not there, i don't know you. just a hunch.

things like "they can suck it up and serve me" lead me to believe that your view of service personnel is not the most gracious. it is their property, they don't have to serve you at all. and if they chose to only give you good service when you tip, perhaps you should just go somewhere else.

like i said, i don't know. i could be wrong. just a suggestion.

Same here, never had bad service there (either location actually), never even just OK service. Thats one reason I keep going back.

They charge a price for their buffet. I pay the price they charge just like everybody else. If they’re not happy with the $7.60 that they charge then they should raise their prices. I can go down the street and get the Chinese buffet cheaper if they want to do that. I don’t have to deal with rude and erratic service personal there or anywhere else I go for that matter. They don’t chase you around hounding you for a $1 tip at the Chinese buffet. I’ve never heard the Pizza Hut employees down Lincoln give a shout out to their fellow employees not to expect any tips for the day when I go there for the $3.99 buffet and don’t leave a tip.

I am perfectly affable when greeted likewise. FYI. The old lady is a loon. Laying some bs story on a customer that they believe in some old wive’s tale of their whole day’s tips being dependent on whether I tip them or not as their first customer is about the craziest thing I have ever encountered in an eating establishment.

If I didn’t really like the ‘chicken salad’ I wouldn’t go there. I couldn’t begin to care less if they like me coming in or not. That’s THEIR PROBLEM not mine. I feel like I’m negotiating with a terrorist giving them the $1 to keep from being attacked with crazy stories, receipts scribbled with ‘NO TIP’ on them, or have my fortune cookie released to me and not confiscated right in front of me.

You seem to want to defend them….. I really have no idea why you’ve chosen to try to defend the crazy old lady. Knock yourself out. She’s a loon.

It’s not a simple matter of giving me good service when I tip or not…..it’s a matter of being harassed into tipping with extremely erratic behavior. At a buffet no less. Old lady brings me a glass of water. Most of the time that’s all she does. They don’t even bother to take my empty plate half the time.

15. Default Re: Thai House II -- closed?

chill out, francis. methinks you protest too much.

i said "i don't know. just a suggestion."

i was trying to give you a peek on the other side of the aisle, as i've been in food service for 20+ years.

I’m just responding to you responding…… somehow my expression of the situation wasn’t clear enough for you and I thought I would elaborate.

I assumed that you must work in a restaurant or own one or whatever the way you were backing up their disturbing behavior……

I’m not rude to the old lady….. I act NORMAL. I really don’t get this, ‘we’re doing you a huge favor letting you eat here’ mentality. I’m a paying customer and I would expect to be treated with gratitude for patronizing an establishment. There’s a little consumer perspective for you.

It’s a BUFFET……if it’s a matter that I take two plates of food once a week and they don’t feel like they can make a profit then maybe they shouldn’t be in the buffet business. It’s not like I go in there to film my own personal Man v Food episode. I take two plates and I eat almost every single bite. I don’t leave ANYTHING to waste. If I was filling up four plates of food and leaving huge amounts of uneaten food on them then maybe I could see a problem and reasoning for rude service.

I’m not trying to sound hostile about it…..but I can’t imagine anyone trying to justify the old lady’s behavior. She’s a nut.

They charge a price for their buffet. I pay the price they charge just like everybody else. If they’re not happy with the $7.60 that they charge then they should raise their prices. I can go down the street and get the Chinese buffet cheaper if they want to do that. I don’t have to deal with rude and erratic service personal there or anywhere else I go for that matter. They don’t chase you around hounding you for a $1 tip at the Chinese buffet. I’ve never heard the Pizza Hut employees down Lincoln give a shout out to their fellow employees not to expect any tips for the day when I go there for the $3.99 buffet and don’t leave a tip.

I am perfectly affable when greeted likewise. FYI. The old lady is a loon. Laying some bs story on a customer that they believe in some old wive’s tale of their whole day’s tips being dependent on whether I tip them or not as their first customer is about the craziest thing I have ever encountered in an eating establishment.

If I didn’t really like the ‘chicken salad’ I wouldn’t go there. I couldn’t begin to care less if they like me coming in or not. That’s THEIR PROBLEM not mine. I feel like I’m negotiating with a terrorist giving them the $1 to keep from being attacked with crazy stories, receipts scribbled with ‘NO TIP’ on them, or have my fortune cookie released to me and not confiscated right in front of me.

You seem to want to defend them….. I really have no idea why you’ve chosen to try to defend the crazy old lady. Knock yourself out. She’s a loon.

It’s not a simple matter of giving me good service when I tip or not…..it’s a matter of being harassed into tipping with extremely erratic behavior. At a buffet no less. Old lady brings me a glass of water. Most of the time that’s all she does. They don’t even bother to take my empty plate half the time.
    You bring so much sunshine to the world around you. I feel sorry for your spouse if you have one.

What a weird time to hear country music - Oak Ridge Boys no less.

I'll probably have that song stuck in my head all night.

bob, bob, bob, bob, bob, bob, bob, bobby sue

I had lunch there a couple of weeks ago with my brother (his choice, he always selects quanity over quality), if it has closed, I can understand why.

While I also experienced bad wait service, it glowed in comparison to the food.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    You bring so much sunshine to the world around you. I feel sorry for your spouse if you have one.

Who the **** are you, Soonerguru? Do I need to stalk you on the board to find out who you are and issue insults to you? Freak!

The old lady is a ****ing nut……it’s got nothing to do with me.

Who the **** are you, Soonerguru? Do I need to stalk you on the board to find out who you are and issue insults to you? Freak!

The old lady is a ****ing nut……it’s got nothing to do with me.

Chillout dude, it's probably the Monosodium Glutamate!!!!

i'm not sure that they are defending the old lady as much as point out that you are a real jerk.

I’ll take the source of your 2 cents into consideration…….

If they treat you like that and you keep going back, that must be some goooood chicken salad.

Sounds like I need to try it.

LOL, I don’t know what it is….maybe because I like cucumber salads too? It’s just really spicy and tasty.

I like their noodles too. I’m not so much a fan of all of the tofu dishes they have and the dishes with real meat are pretty skimpy on the meat, but I still enjoy it.

I don’t know Thai food though. This is the only place I have ever eaten it.

Thread Information