Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moore War

Default Moore War

So will Moore finally snap Westmoore's 12 game winning streak against the Lions or will Westmoore's winning streak continue?

I say Westmoore's winning streak continues

My predication:

Moore-3
    Westmoore-35

Go Westmoore!

Default Re: Moore War

I have to shout out for my old team so Go Moore!

Moore is teruuuuuble

Insider report from someone I trust and deem very credible on football matters (particularly HS) indicates that Moore is improved this year, but Westmoore is still a prohibitive favorite to make it 13 in a row.

What about the newest school Southmoore.

Westmoore continues its' streak.

7. Default Re: Moore War

I'll be there pulling for the Lions since my friends son is their starting MLB but it's going to take a perfect game from the Lions to break the streak.

Can anyone let me know the final score tonight since I will be at work?

The game should be over now so who won?

Never mind, I just saw the score:

Moore-6
    Westmoore-37

It is a shame that the Lions are not even completive the past year and today but I am enjoying the 13 winning streak though!

That was a dismantling. You almost feel bad. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Never mind, I just saw the score:

Moore-6
    Westmoore-37

It is a shame that the Lions are not even completive the past year and today but I am enjoying the 13 winning streak though!
    SouthMoore will beat Moore and WestMoore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That was a dismantling. You almost feel bad. Almost.
    Last year was worse

Moore-14
    Westmoore-62

Now that is a dismantling!

I miss the days where Norman was the Interstate rival. I think The Coach's name was Wolf when I played. I will always pull for old Moore. You oughta dance with the one that brung ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I miss the days where Norman was the Interstate rival. I think The Coach's name was Wolf when I played. I will always pull for old Moore. You oughta dance with the one that brung ya.
    Or sit and sip Ensure with them if they can no longer dance.

Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    SouthMoore will beat Moore and WestMoore.
    Hard to say. Watched quite a bit of Southmoore against Carl Albert and while they're good, I wouldn't say they're an obvious favorite over Westmoore. They should, however, handle Moore. Westmoore's offense took a little time to get untracked, but they've got a good offensive line that should reliably open up holes for Hardrick.

I watched the Moore War from the sidelines, and while Moore has better athletes overall than they've had recently, they're just not yet up to par on conditioning or even completely comfortable with their offense yet. Lots of really basic mistakes, and fatigue became apparent as early as the 2nd quarter - esp on defense. Their starting QB went down late third quarter, and he was virtually all their offense in what's primarily a zone-read scheme. When they lost him, they really had nothing else left to fall back on, unfortunately. I don't know what it will take to get Moore regularly competitive again on a regular basis. Heard they were having troubles within their parent support organization, divisions, whatever, and if you don't have all that stuff going, its very hard to be successful.

I've got a gallery of photos I took at MooreWar last night, so if anyone's interested, feel free to take a look. Folks with an eye on prep talent in OK need to look long and hard at Westmoore wideout Dahu Green (#18). He's a sophomore (I believe), has a tremendous amount of natural talent - great height, and can outjump just about any defender for a ball thrown near him. Made some great catches I was able to snag on photos, and I have to believe he's going to draw a lot of attention in the month's ahead. Potential big-time talent. Keiron Hardrick had a great night for Westmoore as well.

Pics can be seen here: Westmoore 37 Moore 6 - jagfootballphotos' Photos

Here's one of three pretty spectacular catches by Dahu Green:dsC_5833a-L.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Hard to say. Watched quite a bit of Southmoore against Carl Albert and while they're good, I wouldn't say they're an obvious favorite over Westmoore. They should, however, handle Moore. Westmoore's offense took a little time to get untracked, but they've got a good offensive line that should reliably open up holes for Hardrick.

I watched the Moore War from the sidelines, and while Moore has better athletes overall than they've had recently, they're just not yet up to par on conditioning or even completely comfortable with their offense yet. Lots of really basic mistakes, and fatigue became apparent as early as the 2nd quarter - esp on defense. Their starting QB went down late third quarter, and he was virtually all their offense in what's primarily a zone-read scheme. When they lost him, they really had nothing else left to fall back on, unfortunately. I don't know what it will take to get Moore regularly competitive again on a regular basis. Heard they were having troubles within their parent support organization, divisions, whatever, and if you don't have all that stuff going, its very hard to be successful.

I've got a gallery of photos I took at MooreWar last night, so if anyone's interested, feel free to take a look. Folks with an eye on prep talent in OK need to look long and hard at Westmoore wideout Dahu Green (#18). He's a sophomore (I believe), has a tremendous amount of natural talent - great height, and can outjump just about any defender for a ball thrown near him. Made some great catches I was able to snag on photos, and I have to believe he's going to draw a lot of attention in the month's ahead. Potential big-time talent. Keiron Hardrick had a great night for Westmoore as well.

Pics can be seen here: Westmoore 37 Moore 6 - jagfootballphotos' Photos

Here's one of three pretty spectacular catches by Dahu Green:dsC_5833a-L.jpg
    Southmoore, the cheater school will continue to beat both Moore and Westmoore as long as they openly recruit the athletes from both of those schools and the gutless Moore administration allows it to happen. The Moore program is embarassing and it will have a very difficult time improving as long as their best players go over to southmoore. The migration has been slowed and hopefully halted out of Westmoore, although, that is where the majority of southmoore's strength originally was stolen from. Add the players that southmoore is getting from other school around the state with their recruiting tactics and they should be pretty damned good. Their qb this year is a "move in" and their stud wide receiver should be at Moore, among others at southmoore. Rumor is that Moore will likely be getting a new principal in the next couple of years, and some of the possible candidates will be requesting the district admin addresses this issue before they, candidates, will consider the position. It, the recruiting, was slowed a little when the OSSAA looked into it and slapped Southmoore's hand, but, it's back to full bore now. It's like Johnny football, he got away with all he's done, so why stop. Someone needs to check and see how many of Southmoore's "move ins" are living in the "athletic dorm", there off of 19th and Santa Fe. Oklahoma high school football needs a strong program at Moore high again, but, the way things are now, it will be a long, difficult road.

I will be so happy if Westmoore beats Southmoore. If not for the simple reason they have a dumb mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Southmoore, the cheater school will continue to beat both Moore and Westmoore ....
    Westmoore beat Southmore as recently as 2011. And a missed extra point in OT kept them from making it two in a row last year.

So whatever issues off-field are at hand, the notion that there is some drastic difference in talent level between the schools is not reflected on the field in recent years. No question Moore was hurt by Southmoore, and I've certainly heard the stories about recruiting, but from what I can see Westmoore seems to be holding its own.

Hopefully Westmoore can defeat SouthMoore next week, it will be tough but I think Westmoore can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Westmoore beat Southmore as recently as 2011. And a missed extra point in OT kept them from making it two in a row last year.

So whatever issues off-field are at hand, the notion that there is some drastic difference in talent level between the schools is not reflected on the field in recent years. No question Moore was hurt by Southmoore, and I've certainly heard the stories about recruiting, but from what I can see Westmoore seems to be holding its own.
    As I said, the migration out of Westmoore has hopefully been shut off. Westmoore will beat Southmoore occassionally, including this year I hope. But, it is hard to compete on a regular basis when that crap is unabated from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Hopefully Westmoore can defeat SouthMoore next week, it will be tough but I think Westmoore can do it!
    Jags stomp the Cats. 31-13.

Westmoore capitalized on a critical late first-half muffed punt to push a 14-0 lead to 21-0 just before halftime, en route to a 31-13 win over Southmoore at Moore Stadium on Friday Night.

Dahu Green caught two touchdown passes, Keiron Hardrick ran for another, and Desean Lookout snagged one of his own on a seam-splitting 80-yard catch and run from QB Bryson Lee to open the fourth quarter. Lookout's cross-country jaunt came just after after Southmoore had closed to 21-7 late in the third. The Sabercats put together an impressive 98-yard drive midway through the fourth quarter to close the gap to 28-13, but a 44-yard FG by Austin Dodd put the game out of reach for the Jaguars with just under three minutes to play. The win, coupled with last week's Moore War win, gives the Jaguars the Moore district's "City Champs" title.

Great win for Westmoore. They simply would not let Southmoore back in the game....

Photos from tonight's game are online at Westmoore 31 Southmoore 13 - jagfootballphotos' Photos

Thanks for linking the pics. So glad Westmoore won. They deserve it.

Thread Information