Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

Default Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

Does anyone know when the new Crest Foods is opening? I live in Norman, but go to church right down the street from the new Crest, so it would be a convenient and viable alternative to making my weekly visit to Wal-Mart hell for groceries.

Default Re: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

I was told April-may a few months ago. However, I would say with the weather and such, May-June would be a good guess.

I'm looking forward to checking it out. We don't have a lot of selection in this sector. Not that I am complaining - I enjoy semi-rural.

Does anyone know when the novelty will wear off, so I can go shop without feeling the urge to throttle someone?

Quote Originally Posted by AAC2005 View Post
    Does anyone know when the novelty will wear off, so I can go shop without feeling the urge to throttle someone?
    Yes. Studies have shown that the novelty will be worn off entirely at 12:01 a.m. 176 days after the official "Grand Opening". Give or take a minute or two.

6. Default Re: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

It will open in the Summer. Employees at that store will be wearing green (and thinner) shirts.

The shirts cost $30 each... More if you are taller or fatter. Just imagine the huge chunk of paycheck(s) lost when getting more than one shirt.

Crest's excuse for high price (which I believe is bullsh!t) is that the shirts cost $60 each to custom order/make. They claim to pick up half the price. Like I said, bullsh!t, and that it is actually a way to help cover the cost of building a new store.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    It will open in the Summer. Employees at that store will be wearing green (and thinner) shirts.

The shirts cost $30 each... More if you are taller or fatter. Just imagine the huge chunk of paycheck(s) lost when getting more than one shirt.

Crest's excuse for high price (which I believe is bullsh!t) is that the shirts cost $60 each to custom order/make. They claim to pick up half the price. Like I said, bullsh!t, and that it is actually a way to help cover the cost of building a new store.
    Seriously, help pay for the new store. If they had 500 employees and each bought 2 shirts, that's $30,000, which wouldn't even cover the cost of the shopping carts.

8. Default Re: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Seriously, help pay for the new store. If they had 500 employees and each bought 2 shirts, that's $30,000, which wouldn't even cover the cost of the shopping carts.
    $30,000 is still a lot to cover expenses. Don't forget the high turnovers. Who would want only 2 shirts? It's better investment to buy at least 4 to lessen the wash and the shirts will last longer. I been there a year now and I have 4 shirts. I know some only have one shirt, so they either wash it every day or every few days...

Thunder, don't forget the cost to make them. I honestly can't imagine that this is a something they do to make a profit to pay for the store. If they are relying on that, the store is going under, anyway. But I grant you, thirty (sixty?) dollars a shirt seems fairly pricey, expecially for new employees who've just been hired. Maybe they are super nice shirts, although from your description, you don't think so.

Wow, that's pretty crappy if they are $30 bucks, especially if they are claiming those cheap polo's cost them $60. If this is true, I'll definitely think differently of Ed Harroz, not that my opinion of him was that high to begin with, but he does run a clean operation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

Join the club... only a handful of employers provide uniforms anymore. The few that do require you to return the uniform regardless of the condition when it changes or you leave the company.

If the shirts are custom made, and cost $60.00, and the employee pays $30.00, and Crest picks-up the other $30.00, how is Crest making money to cover the cost of building the new store?

andy, do you seriously believe a crappy polo shirt with an embroidered crest logo costs $60? They better be Ralph Lauren polo shirts for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    andy, do you seriously believe a crappy polo shirt with an embroidered crest logo costs $60? They better be Ralph Lauren polo shirts for that price.
    Not for second do I believe they cost $60.00. But whether they cost $60.00 or .60 cents I don't see how Crest is making money if they are in fact picking-up half of the cost. Maybe I misunderstood what Thunder was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    It is possible if the material is made to dry quickly when drenched with water or reduce tearing. When I worked delivery for a now defunct retail chain the uniforms we woer were snag proof, stain resistent and made to dry quickly when wet. We didn't have to pay for them but, I loved wearing them. I could get soaked in a rainstorm and become instantly dry after being indoors for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by andy157 View Post
    Not for second do I believe they cost $60.00. But whether they cost $60.00 or .60 cents I don't see how Crest is making money if they are in fact picking-up half of the cost. Maybe I misunderstood what Thunder was saying.
    I think what he was saying was that there is no way the shirts cost $60 and Crest is only claiming to cover half of it, that the employee is paying for the entire cost (and then some, with Crest keeping the "profit" which while not covering the cost of the new building, certainly doesn't hurt either). Actual cost is probably around $18, Crest claims to be chipping in $30 and keeps the $12 for each shirt (difference between cost and what they are over-charging the employee)

Notice when Golden Corral opened their new locations (in new buildings) the price pumped up a couple of bucks? Supposedly they have more selection (but some things they actually have less selection than before). And if the things they added aren't things you liked, then you are just paying more for the same stuff.

17. Default Re: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

Okay, the shirts debate is useless and has absolutely no bearing on this thread. Can someone give us an opening date or not?
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    Okay, the shirts debate is useless and has absolutely no bearing on this thread. Can someone give us an opening date or not?
    As to your question I can only offer you more useless information. So for what it is worth, the information posted to the sign on the corner of 104th and May claims the store will open in the spring of 2010. The sign says "spring", Thunder says "summer", who knows?

Not official, but I drive by there every day and my best guess is June 1st.

20. Default Re: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

I thought I saw a sign posted in the store saying Summer or on the sacks. It may be Spring, because we have people in the store wearing green shirts, so they're training for the store.

Green shirts is involved with the new store, so yes, that topic is relevant.

I wonder how much those green shirts are.

22. Default Re: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

Quote Originally Posted by andimthomas View Post
    I wonder how much those green shirts are.
    No clue. They are much thinner. Added logo on the sleeves. Was told they are made by Adidas.

judging by the building progress, i'd say that early summer is most likely. -M

24. Default Re: Anyone Know When the new Crest at S.W. 104th and May is Opening?

Not trying to be a smart-aleck, but the store could open on June 20th and it would still be considered "Spring 2010"...just sayin'.

Thread Information