Widgets Magazine

Thread: High School Stadiums Work

1. Default High School Stadiums Work

I saw MPS posted a picture of the Moore Stadium's rebranding to Lions only was going well. The new turf is in with the Lion logo and the Moore Lions on the endzones. Not sure if the scoreboard has been updated yet. It's looking pretty sharp for sure. The indoor practice facility is coming along, but seems to be moving very slowly for such a simple structure (IMO). Moore Monthly has a good 360 article on at least Facebook where you can see the whole re-branding...looks good. They also have an older shot of the Westmoore stadium progress.

I'm curious if anyone has any images of how things are going for Westmoore and Southmoore? Stadiums aren't alltogether that complicated, but trying to get it all squeezed in before the season starts in September can be a trick.

Here are a couple images from the Moore High Athletics page.

Not related to Moore, but i saw a design plan for the Norman North stadium because they are doing the same thing. Seems like Moore and Norman are the last on the bandwagon to create individual stadiums now. The NN one is using the field already on site, and there's not much room to work with. So basically, they left the field where it is and then made a very long and short stadium. Looks weird in my opinion and pretty much the opposite of Norman High (which is high and not super long). More like PC West's new one because of similar constraints. They would have had to spend a LOT more money to move all their athletic fields around if they wanted to make a bigger stadium at NN. Short-sightedness on the original designer's part. At least in Moore, the Westmoore and Southmoore land plots had space for a real stadium. And if you can figure that out with how much is already squeezed in on the MHS and WHS land, well hats off to you!

Picture1.jpg
    Picture2.jpg

Default Re: High School Stadiums Work

The Moore Monthly has a 360 Camera for both Westmoore and Southmoore's stadiums.

3. Default Re: High School Stadiums Work

https://www.mooremonthly.com/360-vie...-high-schools/

Found the URL, but they are very old. They look to me about 3-4 months behind at least. They are not live from what i can tell.

Blog Entries

The stadiums are so small. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    How big is the crowd at the current Moore Stadium on a rival night? Moore War was a lot different when I went to school since it was just Westmoore and Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    The Westmoore one doesn't seem that small in person. I was just there last week taking my kid to a camp, and drove around to check it out.

8. Default Re: High School Stadiums Work

My guess is the Southmoore and Westmoore home sides are going to look the same based on the way the press boxes look. But at Westmoore, i think the only way they can do it is if they remove the track. Otherwise there's no home side stands. The fact they haven't taken that out yet (even though i mean how could you have kids still using it so close to a construction zone in May), it makes me think they are going to rip out the old track stands in favor of a new away side. But maybe that comes later?

I do not know the capacities but high school sports in general are not as well attended as they used to be. And when Southmoore split off, it took part of the crows for both Moore and Westmoore with it. My guess it that they will be in the 4-5k range and that depends on the size of the away stands. And the away sides always could stand to be a bit smaller than they are for most games. But when there are events like the Moore band contest (MOMFest), the finals bands sit over there while waiting for massing and do a pretty dang good job of filling it up.

But neither of the new ones will have the height of the Moore one. Same thing happened with Putnam City and with Edmond. You won't be seeing Union or BA sized stadiums in OKC. Not that they fill theirs for most games either, but we don't build to keep up with the Jones' like they do.

There's a lot to do with these things, but then again, you can throw up a lego erector set grandstand of seating in a few weeks. The field can go about as fast, and they can happen at the same time. So really, we could see the last weeks in July where we go from slow to DONE in no time. They must feel very optimistic about it, or they wouldn't have done the Moore High field work already.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    My guess is the Southmoore and Westmoore home sides are going to look the same based on the way the press boxes look. But at Westmoore, i think the only way they can do it is if they remove the track. Otherwise there's no home side stands. The fact they haven't taken that out yet (even though i mean how could you have kids still using it so close to a construction zone in May), it makes me think they are going to rip out the old track stands in favor of a new away side. But maybe that comes later?

I do not know the capacities but high school sports in general are not as well attended as they used to be. And when Southmoore split off, it took part of the crows for both Moore and Westmoore with it. My guess it that they will be in the 4-5k range and that depends on the size of the away stands. And the away sides always could stand to be a bit smaller than they are for most games. But when there are events like the Moore band contest (MOMFest), the finals bands sit over there while waiting for massing and do a pretty dang good job of filling it up.

But neither of the new ones will have the height of the Moore one. Same thing happened with Putnam City and with Edmond. You won't be seeing Union or BA sized stadiums in OKC. Not that they fill theirs for most games either, but we don't build to keep up with the Jones' like they do.

There's a lot to do with these things, but then again, you can throw up a lego erector set grandstand of seating in a few weeks. The field can go about as fast, and they can happen at the same time. So really, we could see the last weeks in July where we go from slow to DONE in no time. They must feel very optimistic about it, or they wouldn't have done the Moore High field work already.
    The Westmoore stadium is not going where the current track field is. It's going to the north next to the apartment complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Wait, Westmoore is building a new football stadium? I never thought that would ever happen! As a Jaguar alum, that brings me a smile to my face, I know Westmoore own the series against the Lions but it is so annoying when Westmoore plays at Moore High School every year like it is an home advantage for Moore Lions football team but it is going to be nice to finally have home field advantage for Westmoore for Lions goes to Westmoore stadium

Thread Information