Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 48 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Far West Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

I searched the forum and didn't find anything about this, so I had to start a new thread. Please let me know if I should move this elsewhere, perhaps to something already established...

I came across this information in a database at work today. Looks like an outlet center out west on I40 @ Council. The information tied to it in my database made it seem like this is a pretty tied-down deal.

The entire brochure was too large to upload here so I've just extracted the most indicative page. Interesting stuff.

Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

I do find it kind of interesting they are using that area. I could have sworn the EPA and/or DEQ condemned that land back years ago.

I remember reading in the paper that the soil in that area was contaminated from a solvent AT&T/ Lucent used on their machines.

If that does go in, I am willing to bet that the old plant may come down for additional shopping and hotel space.

I found some more info about the company.
    http://www.horizongroup.com/

Great find keilaaron!!! This is a perfect place to post this. I was hoping they'd build an outlet center out that way, it's a perfect location. I've noticed they've had some signs up for months now about trying to sell that as a huge retail complex. Hopefully this is true and in the works!! Glad to see a Nike, Guess, Puma and the like coming in.

That is prime place to put a new outlet mall. Think about it, there is nothing when it comes to serious shopping between OKC and Amarillo. This place will make millions of dollars during back to school and Christmas.

Now, if we can just get a sales tax holiday passed. OKC would make up for the lost tax dollars on food sales and hotel room reservations.

Gainesville will hate this place with a passion. Prime Outlets may bring a mall to the city just make up for what they will lose in Gainesville.

I am hoping that vacant Wendy's will become a parking lot now that there are plans for that area.

This is BIGTIME.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

How have all the news outlets missed this.

They have the whole thing leased already? Really???

Nice list of stores.

I've always thought Shawnee or Yukon along I-40 was a good place for a nice outlet mall.

Wow, that will be sweet.

And notice the plans says "Phase I" which implies more phases down the road.

If they have all those stores lined up, it will be what they call a "premium outlet" center and several of them out here in California are *huge*, about 4 times the size what they show here. Wouldn't be surprised to see -- ultimately -- something similar on that site.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

The tenant list:

Adidas
    Aeropostale
    Aldo
    Ann Taylor
    Ann Klein
    Banana Republic
    Bass
    BCBG
    Bebe
    Brooks Brothers
    Calvin Klein
    Carter's
    Casual Male
    Chico's
    The Children's Place
    Claire's
    Coach
    Converse
    DC Shoes
    Disney Store
    Dockers
    Dress Barn
    Easy Spirit
    Ecko
    Eddie Bauer
    Famous Footwear
    Fossil
    Gap
    Geoffrey Beene
    Guess
    Gymboree
    Haggar
    Harry & David
    Hot Dog on a Stick
    Hot Topic
    IZOD
    J. Crew
    Jones NY
    Johnston & Murphy
    KB Toys
    Kitchen Collection
    Koret
    Lane Bryant
    Le Gourmet Chef
    Levi's
    Liz Clairborne
    Lucky Brand
    Maidenform
    Mo'z BBQ
    Nautica
    Nike
    Nine West
    Oshkosh B'Gosh
    Pac Sun
    Perry Ellis
    Petite Sophisticate
    Puma
    Quicksilver
    Rack Room Shoes
    Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
    Sag Harbor
    Samsonite
    Starbucks
    Strasburg
    Stride Rite
    Subway
    Sunglass Hut
    Timberland
    Timex
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Totes
    Ultra Jewelry
    Under Armor
    Van Huesen
    Villa Pizza
    Vitamin World
    Wilson's Leather
    Zales
    Zumiez

There are only 5 units open, 2 of which are in the food court.

10. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Yes! I've been dreaming and hoping for one of these in OKC for so long! I used to live about 10 min from one and loved getting name brand clothing and misc at discount prices.

Believe it or not, it is a tourist attraction.

I know many people scoffed when I wished for one close to Bricktown.. but I used to see Tour busses galore coming to spend $$$ at the Outlets....

Good news for OK.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Yes! I've been dreaming and hoping for one of these in OKC for so long! I used to live about 10 min from one and loved getting name brand clothing and misc at discount prices.

Believe it or not, it is a tourist attraction.

I know many people scoffed when I wished for one close to Bricktown.. but I used to see Tour busses galore coming to spend $$$ at the Outlets....

Good news for OK.
    Cool...Maybe we can attract cruiselines as well...Shopping excursions and all

Oh.....Wait a minute...

12. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Easy180... don't make me come over there.. ha,ha... Wait, can we get a cruise ship on our river?

I posted this in 2005 .. I hope the Links below still work..... I wonder if they will take some ideas from the Prime Outlets?

I wonder though if we could attract tourists and more retail with some sort of outlet shopping area?

If we could have plenty of parking this could be such a tourist draw if we did it right - classy, not cheesy, well planned outlet center. We had a few in CA near my home and it was always packed with tourists and locals. In the center was a plaza with Starbucks and tables and it was always busy.

Here is an example of one in Texas...

Prime Outlets Mall

Prime Outlets Mall San Marcos - the largest factory outlet center in South Texas - is among the most popular travel destinations in Texas. Every year, more than six million shoppers visit the Prime Outlets Mall San Marcos, where they can go shopping for an endless array of bargains...at factory outlet prices.

The 110-plus factory outlet stores at the Prime Outlets Mall shopping center offer everything from apparel and accessories to health and beauty items to home furnishings and housewares. Prime Outlets Mall San Marcos is home to a mouth-watering variety of stores, such as Dooney & Bourke, Zales, Gap Outlet, OshKosh B'Gosh, Jockey, London Fog, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store and Salvatore Ferragamo. Factory outlet stores at Prime Outlets Mall also include J. Crew, Jones New York, Perry Ellis, Nike Factory Store, Van Heusen, Casual Corner Annex, Talbots and the Off 5th Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet. Among the other well-known names at Prime Outlets Mall San Marcos are Bath & Body Works, Crabtree & Evelyn, Lancome, Pottery Barn Furniture Outlet, Mikasa Factory Store, Springmaid, Sony and Wamsutta. A $20 million expansion project is bringing a 28,000-square-foot Neiman Marcus Last Call store to the Prime Outlets open-air mall.

Prime Outlets Mall San Marcos is also home to a food court, children's playground and ATMs. A customer service center at the food court can provide free strollers and wheelchairs, gift certificates, tourist information and more.

Prime Outlets Mall is located off of I-35 (exit 200), near San Marcos. It is less than an hour's drive from San Antonio and only about a half-hour outside of Austin. Another factory outlet mall, the Tanger Outlet Center, is next door to the Prime Outlets Mall San Marcos

http://www.sanantoniocvb.com/prime_outlet_mall.asp

please please please let this be true!!! what does this do to the 'retail' part of core to shore though?

I was in Allen, TX awhile back and they had a nice one. If OKC's is similar to this, it's going to be great!!

Allen Premium Outlets

A Kenneth Cole store would sure be nice

What would be even nicer is if I could drop 60 lbs to fit in their clothes

I emailed the leasing office and they mentioned that they project a Nov 2008 opening

Yeah, it also mentions that opening date on their website. It would be cool if we could extend the Oklahoma River another 3 miles or so to Council with Core To Shore or Maps 3 and then passengers could ride from downtown to the new outlet mall via a ferry.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

This is what they have on the website .. any inaccuracies or are they right on?

FactsDaily Traffic Count: 112,000 vehicles
    Opening: Fall 2008
    GLA: 300,000/sq.ft

Population:
    MSA Population - 1.4 million
    90 Mile Radius - 2.2 million

Average Household Income:
    1 mile $80,507
    3 mile $72,344
    5 mile $64,540
    • Nation’s 29th largest city
    • Over 1.4 million people within a 45 minute drive
    • 12,000 cars cross this intersection DAILY
    • More than 6 million tourists a year
    • Over 100,000 college students within a 45 minute drive
    • No other outlet center competition within 145 miles
    • Junction of 3 major national interstates I-35, I-40 & I-44
    • 178 million customers live within a day’s drive
    • Near airport, museums and Bass Pro

19. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Is it common for a development to have almost 100% leased this early in the process?

there is a little more info on horizongroup.com

> 178 million customers live within a day’s drive

I sure hope they don't all show up on the same day!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon7 View Post
    what does this do to the 'retail' part of core to shore though?
    Doesn't affect it. I don't think 'outlet' stores were ever in the plans for C2S. The benefit, though, is that new chains will have a location in the metro, which (depending on their sales), could bode well for getting a flagship store of theirs in C2S or elsewhere. ie; PUMA, Brooks Brothers, Nike, Tommy, etc...

23. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Doesn't affect it. I don't think 'outlet' stores were ever in the plans for C2S. The benefit, though, is that new chains will have a location in the metro, which (depending on their sales), could bode well for getting a flagship store of theirs in C2S or elsewhere. ie; PUMA, Brooks Brothers, Nike, Tommy, etc...
    What is "C2S?"

24. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Oh, brother. You're just like my 12 year old cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    What is "C2S?"
    Core to shore, mranderson.

From downtown central business district, south to the river

I believe there is a whole thread of discussion in this forum

Thread Information