Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Far North Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Looks like new retail is going in where that Steak and Ale used to be on May and Memorial.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16494...ahoma-City-OK/

Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Yawn.....another strip mall on Memorial.

If built as pictured, more attractive than the concrete slab where Steak and Ale used to be (sign is still there)

4. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

That actually looks like it could be in Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. That's not a bad looking strip center, imo. I'm not sure what people would rather see at this rather prime corner. It makes sense to have retail. What did you have in mind, Patrick?

5. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Just thought I would bump this post. It got buried in a hurry. Pretty interesting.

6. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Not calling anyone out personally but people on this site get such a hard on for retail and when it comes to them it isn't good enough. I just got back from Dallas this weekend and there are nice developments like this everywhere with good solid tenants filling them. Memorial is a hot spot right now, why wouldn't this type of project be encouraged?

Doesn't that joker named Mazaheri own that property? He was the one who built that horrible sign right in front of the Red Barn in Arcadia.

8. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    That actually looks like it could be in Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. That's not a bad looking strip center, imo. I'm not sure what people would rather see at this rather prime corner. It makes sense to have retail. What did you have in mind, Patrick?
    Maybe something other than a strip mall is what Patrick was hoping for. Mike, you know uber-well that retail does come in other forms (just not in Oklahoma).

Looks similar to our Shops at Soncy here in Amarillo. In our center, we have World Market, Jos A. Bank, Guitar Center, Pei Wei, Coldwater Creek, and the like. It's usually pretty busy...for Amarillo.

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    ...In our center, we have World Market...
    That's the one thing Amarillo has that I wish we did. I would like to think they'll come here within the next few years.

I hope they build it, and it would be nice to see the empty lot in front of the bland apartments to be occupied, its a nice angled lot on the corner.

I just can't get too excited about another strip center. Nothing unique about it. And, you can't even begin to compare this to Country Club Plaza. That's comparing a strip center to a 14 square block outdoor 80+ year old 120 store lifestyle center. No comparison. I could see getting excited over something like the Tuscana development. But this? A small strip center? Really? You guys must be hard up for entertainment. I mean, it's really hard for me to get overly excited about a small 28,000 square foot strip center. It's not going to be unlike any of the other centers on the west side of May north of Memorial. Same ole, same ole.

And Mazaheri is a complete joke.

13. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I just can't get too excited about another strip center. Nothing unique about it. And, you can't even begin to compare this to Country Club Plaza. That's comparing a strip center to a 14 square block outdoor 80+ year old 120 store lifestyle center. No comparison. I could see getting excited over something like the Tuscana development. But this? A small strip center? Really? You guys must be hard up for entertainment. I mean, it's really hard for me to get overly excited about a small 28,000 square foot strip center. It's not going to be unlike any of the other centers on the west side of May north of Memorial. Same ole, same ole.

I wasn't comparing the development to Country Club Plaza - just the "look"..."style"...whatever.

14. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I wasn't comparing the development to Country Club Plaza - just the "look"..."style"...whatever you call it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    I wasn't comparing the development to Country Club Plaza - just the "look"..."style"...whatever you call it.
    Gotcha!

You know what would be perfect right across the street in that huge empty acreage? AN ONCUE!!! That would be awesome!

17. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    You know what would be perfect right across the street in that huge empty acreage? AN ONCUE!!! That would be awesome!
    That would be one big ONCUE but I have to agree. I live in the area and would love one... Or maybe one on the corner of 138th and Penn across from Target and the new Chick-fil-a. This lot is in some need of TLC and something new to cover the apartments behind.

I live in that area as well and an oncue would make life just a little better!

19. Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Drove by today and noticed a truck/trailer and water truck on the lots. Construction may be about to start.

i live out here it has taken to long to develop memorial should be a lot more out here since edmond people do not cross the turnpike lol.

Quote Originally Posted by edmondweather View Post
    i live out here it has taken to long to develop memorial should be a lot more out here since edmond people do not cross the turnpike lol.
    I okc, lived in edmond, now and cross turnpike over north to side time all the..

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I okc, lived in edmond, now and cross turnpike over north to side time all the..
    I think that sums it up most elegantly

I noticed that it said Date Available was April 2013, so does that mean it will start construction towards the end of next year or before then?

Too bad that someone didn't think about somehow obtaining a 200 yard long strip of land, next to Memorial, along the frontage of the property, in order to erect a massive billboard with the words: Visit the Round Barn in Arcadia on Historic Route 66 (along with directions to the site and maybe even a life-sized painting of what lies at the other end of the short trip).

^^Haha! Just read that.

Thread Information