Widgets Magazine

Thread: 434 W. Main

Arts District / Film Row 434 W. Main

This little building on the SE corner of Main & Walker was recently purchased by Brian Bogert of Jones Assembly and Spark fame.

Brian told me he will eventually do a restaurant there but not until next year.

This property was owned by Devon and part of their real estate grab that resulted in BOK Park Plaza and the two related parking garages on the same block.

It's a great little property with tons of potential. It even has a small parking area in the back that could be converted to a patio. It's two doors west of Coney Island; in between the two is the old pizza place that is still empty and under separate ownership.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 434 W. Main

Glad it's been saved and will be renovated

3. Default Re: 434 W. Main

I worked across the street from this building about 25 years ago. I believe it was a copy shop at one time. Man, I miss the coney's from Coney Island and having lunch at La Luna. Good times!

^

Yes, I think the last tenant was the copy shop.

It's been empty for about 10 years now.

I've always thought this building was a nice reflection of the Union Bus Station.

I love this building. One of my real estate regrets is I looked at this building in the mid 2000's and passed on it. It sold for $125k ish. I passed as I was looking at it with other lawyers and didn't think it would be big enough. Everytime I go by.....I regret I didn't buy it.

I've always loved that building. Could make a killer modern diner or bistro or bar.

A real deli jewish/italian would be sweet

9. Default Re: 434 W. Main

Every time I walk past this spot and the old pizza place on my way to clarity I would ponder why neither space had been reopened as a restaurant.

Wasn't this building also an adult cinema for a brief time?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Every time I walk past this spot and the old pizza place on my way to clarity I would ponder why neither space had been reopened as a restaurant.

Wasn't this building also an adult cinema for a brief time?
    I walked to Coney Island today with one of my employees who is an older gay male. He told me that it was a gay bar at some point in 70s-80s

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    A real deli jewish/italian would be sweet
    Now you're talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I walked to Coney Island today with one of my employees who is an older gay male. He told me that it was a gay bar at some point in 70s-80s
    Pretty sure I heard the same from Councilman Cooper. Also, he mentioned there used to be one across from the Skirvin Hotel. Hard to imagine what it must have been like in those days.

Brian will knock it out of the park.

Forgot about this building. Glad it will be brought back to life. Love the facade, hope there are no major changes to the appearance.

15. Default Re: 434 W. Main

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    This would have been late 80's to early 90's.... I think it was 92 when I opened my office on Main street and I think it was one then.

Maybe itll be demolished for a parking garage, but can at least put the blue corner piece in a new glass display on the corner of the garage to keep some of its history...

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Maybe itll be demolished for a parking garage, but can at least put the blue corner piece in a new glass display on the corner of the garage to keep some of its history...
    Yes, the glass casket approach to preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I get your sarcasm, but the owner of this has done amazing work (see the Jones Assembly). Not really deserving of mockery.

Thread Information