Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

Default Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

Lawnmower died today. I'm in need of cheap lawn mowing services for the remainder of the summer. Anyone recommend anything?

2. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

is it not more cost effective to buy yourself a new lawnmower? sorry, i don't know of any cheap mowing services since i live in an apartment.

Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

go to sears/walmart and buy a new one for 150 bucks. cheaper than a new lawnservice for the rest of the summer.

4. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

We use

Integrity Lawns ....
    17517 WainBridge Ave. Edmond ... ( I don't have the number in front of me - sorry)...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

5. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

CID...where is your house located at? i own a lawn care and landscaping company...send me an email and i can get you a price in the next couple of days...superiorlawns@cox.net.

If he wanted a new lawnmower, he would have asked who has
    the best price on a new lawnmower.....

He doesn't want a lawnmower. He wants a juanmower.....

7. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

I just spewed coffee over that one ... lol

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zuluwarrior0760 View Post
    If he wanted a new lawnmower, he would have asked who has
    the best price on a new lawnmower.....

He also asked for cheap. A cheap mower is likely less money than a lawn service would cost.

Juanmower...that was a good one.

Thanks for all the replies folks. Fortunately, I was able to rehab the lawn mower. I think it will last through to the end of the season.

By the way, is making fun of latinos like the new fun racist thing to do?

10. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

It's just the reality of community...95-99% of mowing businesses employ hispanics.

But I'm an equal-opportunity offender:

JohnMower.
    DeShaunMower.
    WangMower.

I guess it is, I am half latino, and what was sad is my dad is full and they live in a upscale area, and when he is out mowing his lawn once a month someone will pull up and ask for his business card or phone number, some oklahomans are just ignorant like that, we moved from the westcoast and no one ever asked my dad for a business card until we arrived here.. I mean what if I came up to a white person and asked if they are growing tomatoes in the back and if they wouldnt mind sparing a glass of sweet tea.

12. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

That reminds me of the caveman commercial where the caveman asks the therapist if she would be offended if someone asked said to her, 'so easy a therapist could do it' .... or something like that..... I don't get the sweet tea or tomato thing/insult .. it's not offensive .. just like saying someone mowing a lawn is offensive.

What's offensive about mowing lawns or being gainfully employed?

Sorry if smiling about 'jaunmower' sounded racist. I know many Latinos who are extremely talented landscapers ... I guess that's what came to mind. No offense intended.

13. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I guess it is, I am half latino, and what was sad is my dad is full and they live in a upscale area, and when he is out mowing his lawn once a month someone will pull up and ask for his business card or phone number, some oklahomans are just ignorant like that, we moved from the westcoast and no one ever asked my dad for a business card until we arrived here.. I mean what if I came up to a white person and asked if they are growing tomatoes in the back and if they wouldnt mind sparing a glass of sweet tea.
    Ohhhhhh you gotta love Oklahoma. Believe it or not I see a lot less racism here now then 10 years ago. It's progress, just not as quickly as most places. Anyone familiar with Chingo Bling? He pokes fun at the stereotypes, pretty amusing and I love people that wear cowboy boots with their shorts.....por favor believe it.....

Chingo Bling: Fruit Picker on mun2 :: Who's your Papi?

^ im an ass, but i didnt comment on the juan mower joke because it wasnt funny.

if anything i thought the funny thing was that the orignal poster would actually consider it smart to hire someone for the rest of summer instead of buying a new mower. im never surprised at how lazy and fat the majority of americans have become.

-a society of people who think its alright to drug their children instead of raising them properly
    -pay someone else to raise their children
    -put their grandparents in nursing homes instead of helping them
    -pay someone to clean the house they messed up
    -pay someone to mow their lawn or even wash their car because they would rather watch tv...

Then they wonder why they are obese and live short lives, as an american i think we are becoming the joke.

15. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    -a society of people who think its alright to drug their children instead of raising them properly
    -pay someone else to raise their children
    -put their grandparents in nursing homes instead of helping them
    -pay someone to clean the house they messed up
    -pay someone to mow their lawn or even wash their car because they would rather watch tv...

Then they wonder why they are obese and live short lives, as an american i think we are becoming the joke.
    When I was in high school I worked summers for a carpet cleaning company with a high-end clientel. I spent many days in houses all over Nichols Hills and Edmond thinking the exact same thing. It made me sick to see someone employing a nanny to take care of their kids...even on their day off. I decided the day I couldn't manage my own lifestyle was the day I change it.

MadMonk Guest

All race jokes are not hateful/racist jokes! Why do people always have to be so thin-skinned?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    All race jokes are not hateful/racist jokes! Why do people always have to be so thin-skinned?
    says the racist.

why dont you pull the juanmower joke at work ?

I think some of you are painting with a pretty broad brush. I happen to know a number of people that employ housekeepers and yardmen precisely so they can spend the weekends with their children at the zoo, the pool, the playground, whatever, instead of spending all weekend working after they have spent all week working.

Also, a significant percentage of lawn workers are either 16 year olds working their first jobs or less-well educated people without a lot of skills. Either way, you're providing these people with a hand-up instead of a hand-out and/or some valuable work experience. If you have the means, employing some help in this manner can be a win-win.

I do agree that stay-at-home parents should not be hiring nannies. However, if you work all day and have a couple of children it can be cheaper than a day-care center.

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    says the racist.

why dont you pull the juanmower joke at work ?
    I did!

I should have known someone like you wouldn't be able to understand.

One other thing...as someone who grew up in Edmond and knows a lot of people from Nichols Hills, I really get tired of the reverse snobbery I see on this board from time to time. Most of the people who do well financially are there as a result of a lifetime of studying and very hard work. (Yes, there are trust funders but it is a very small percentage in Oklahoma)

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado
    says the racist.
    rb,
    i think you need to cool it. personal attacks aren't permitted. -M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    rb,
    what i said was not an attack, its an observation.

you don't get to make that call. end of discussion. -M

24. Default Re: Lawnmower Died - Cheap Mowing Service?

rb,
    Rugbybrado,

The Moderators are in agreement on this issue. Please reaquaint yourself with the TOS of this board and refrain from personal attacks or personal 'observations' about another poster.

Should you have further questions, feel free to PM the moderators to discuss the issue.

Interesting responses about the racism.

The juanmower joke is only funny because there is condescension. If latinos were known for doing a job that most aspire to, there would be nothing funny about it.

It's not about thin skin. I just plain don't find racial humor funny at all. I don't like Mind of Mencia. I don't like white trash jokes. I don't like jokes on black people, white people, yellow people, brown people. It's only funny because it is condescending.

Until people choose to look past the color of someone's skin, racism will always exist. Racist jokes only perpetuate the situation.

The thing is, you don't know me. That is especially why I find the juanmower joke offensive. I'm NOT just like you. I don't rub elbows with you. I'm not your buddy. You may tell your racist jokes with your friends and family. That's between you and them. I'm not your friends. I'm not your family. Keep your racist jokes to yourself.

Peace.

Thread Information