Widgets Magazine

Thread: New network affiliate

1. Default New network affiliate

I found out earlier this week, that KOCB will be the new CW affiliate in Oklahoma City. KAUT will be independant... Probably until another new network is born other than Foxes new network.

From what I was told, KOCB is the top WB affiliate in the nation, and due to that, CBS and Warner chose them over KAUT.

If you did not know, the WB and UPN are merging to form CW, which launches in September.

Default Re: New network affiliate

The fact that Sinclair Broadcast Group owns both Fox 25 and WB 34 probably helped 34 land CW.

Sinclair is very wealthy company although they treat OKC as if it were a tiny market.

Oklahoma City is one of few Fox stations that do not have full news coverage. Tulsa's Fox station is comparable to 4,5 and 9..

http://www.fox23.com/

Survey Guest

I'm willing to be the Fox station in Tulsa also has their own sports and weather people. Here they're all provided by Sinclair from their home office. Those shots are not from OKC.

They do have local weather now, I think that will change as soon as storm is over.

If you have watched lately they have the do have two weathermen that rotate in studio with the OKC anchors.

It's funny to watch because he is trying to act like he is OKC's hip weather guy.

Greg Whitworth is the other guy he is pretty much the weekend weather nerd that all the stations have on staff in OKC.

Most of their news is taped footage from the Sinclair corporate studio.

Thread Information