Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes at Channel 4

Default Changes at Channel 4

Yesterday Lance West announced on the morning show that Toni Ray was leaving to go the clinton to run a musum. Anyone know the real story behind it?

Default Re: Changes at Channel 4

No Story, shes leaving because she got a real job in Weatherford and thats where her husband has been working..

I need to watch more local news. Who's Toni Ray?

It is really on their sister station 43 on the morning show rise and shine. She just does spot reporting and is on the social media portion of the show.

This is a little off topic but parts of this "sister station" concept seem a little strange to me. I wonder how NBC feels when the early morning Channel 4 news show is promoting a later show on Channel 43 which is on opposite the Today Show which encourages the viewers to not watch the Today Show.

Ever since Lauren Nelson started anchoring over on KWTV, I have stopped watching KFOR.

They need to replace Cavanaugh with Joleen.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    This is a little off topic but parts of this "sister station" concept seem a little strange to me. I wonder how NBC feels when the early morning Channel 4 news show is promoting a later show on Channel 43 which is on opposite the Today Show which encourages the viewers to not watch the Today Show.

Its not as much a "sister station" its more of a bastard stepchild station. As far as NBC is concerned as long as their news or National commercial content isnt covered with this, I dont see how NBC would care

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Ever since Lauren Nelson started anchoring over on KWTV, I have stopped watching KFOR.
    ^^ditto!

She only directly competes with KFOR for thirty minutes a day but that's enough to keep you guys from watching KFOR altogether?

That's powerful stuff, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    She only directly competes with KFOR for thirty minutes a day but that's enough to keep you guys from watching KFOR altogether?

That's powerful stuff, man.
    and also the fact that kfor seems a little outdated imo.

12. Default Re: Changes at Channel 4

"Live!" "Live!" That seems to be the only thing that matters anymore in local news. It can be the silliest and most minor of stories, but by golly the stations will have someone standing in front of the building (where something might have happened that morning) "Live!" on the 10:00 news. As if they couldn't have told us from the anchor desk. It's not news any longer - it's entertainment and the attractiveness of the anchors. Sad.

This just in; local TV news anchors reveal that they have no idea what they just read on the teleprompter ten minutes ago. More at ten.

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post
    This just in; local TV news anchors reveal that they have no idea what they just read on the teleprompter ten minutes ago. More at ten.
    You're likely being fairly kind.

15. Default Re: Changes at Channel 4

I happen to like Linda Cavanaugh. She is more my age and a great asset to Oklahoma City media. She could have gone anywhere, and she chose to stay here in OKC. She has won many awards through the years. She is competent and knows her stuff. I think we are lucky to have a responsible, mature anchor/reporter. Younger isn't always better.

I've seen Linda Cavanaugh without her makeup on. [shudder] And this was probably ten years ago.

Can't imagine how harrowing that same experience would be today. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    Its not as much a "sister station" its more of a bastard stepchild station. As far as NBC is concerned as long as their news or National commercial content isnt covered with this, I dont see how NBC would care
    If sending people to other stations to watch detracts from their viewership, it can affect their bottom line in ratings and ad revenue. Would CBS care if their local station was sending people to watch shows on ABC? Of course they would. It's the same principal.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've seen Linda Cavanaugh without her makeup on. [shudder] And this was probably ten years ago.

Can't imagine how harrowing that same experience would be today. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    Damn dude.

any reason why mike morgan hasn't been on as much lately? it seems all i see is that emily chick

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    any reason why mike morgan hasn't been on as much lately? it seems all i see is that emily chick
    Seniority begets vacation. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    Quiet, you.

Tits > vampire, any day of the week.

If sending people to other stations to watch detracts from their viewership, it can affect their bottom line in ratings and ad revenue.
    In theory, you're right. But in practice, Ch. 43 allows them to sell the same news product twice without having the shoulder the costs of having two newsrooms.

If sending people to other stations to watch detracts from their viewership, it can affect their bottom line in ratings and ad revenue. Would CBS care if their local station was sending people to watch shows on ABC? Of course they would. It's the same principal.
    4 and 43 are owned by the same company, so ad revenue on both stations is affecting the same bottom line. The Today show viewership stands on its own. The analogy of CBS sending viewers to ABC dosent stand in this case. Its more trying to capture viewers that turn away from KFOR at 7. If you look a the demographics, today show and 43 dont really compete for same audience.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    In theory, you're right. But in practice, Ch. 43 allows them to sell the same news product twice without having the shoulder the costs of having two newsrooms.
    I understand why the local channels would do that. My point was about how NBC feels about directing their viewers to another station that NBC will get no ad revenue from.

Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    4 and 43 are owned by the same company, so ad revenue on both stations is affecting the same bottom line. The Today show viewership stands on its own. The analogy of CBS sending viewers to ABC dosent stand in this case. Its more trying to capture viewers that turn away from KFOR at 7. If you look a the demographics, today show and 43 dont really compete for same audience.
    You may be correct about the demographics but, even if a small segment that might watch the Today show turned to 43 instead because of the on air promotions from 4, that will affect the total viewership. It may not be significant but it's not nonexistant. I realize this isn't a major issue. It just seems strange to me.

Thread Information