Widgets Magazine

Thread: the chicken wings lovers thread

Default the chicken wings lovers thread

a place to talk about that favorite finger food everyone loves: CHICKEN WINGS!!!

whether you have a favorite place you like to get them at: (like WING STOP, a gas station, some private resturant), or if you want to tell us a special recipe you prepare them as, please share.

do you prefer boneless, or not?

what sauce do you like? (ranch, honey mustard, bbq,..or??)

whats your fave flavor? and whats an unusual flavor youve experienced that may not be so well known?

2. Default Re: the chicken wings lovers thread

a favorite topic of mine! My brother and I almost opened a wing restaurant... I backed out at the last moment and went back to college and got a Masters degree.... I think that made my wife happy... anyway I digress. We still have a commercial fryer that we occassionally fire up for wing parties.

I like my buffalo wings breaded and fried. If I am in the mood for those then Hooters is actually my favorite place. I actually love both their boneless and bone in and I enjoy their buffalo shrimp as well.

I love the lemon/pepper wings at Wing Stop and their fries are the best fresh cooked fries I have ever had. I am certain they put a little sugar in their seasoning for the fries. When I crave wings and french fries I go to Wing Stop. The hawaiin bbq and parmesan wings are decent. I can't stand any of the other flavors.

I enjoy the garlic parmesan wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. The Asian zing flavor is my 2nd favorite... don't really care for any of their other flavors.

Although I rarely go to eat wings, Outback and Texas Roadhouse have good Buffalo wings.

If you like the Asian zing flavor but would like a something with less heat, then go a local Asian market and pick your favorite Sweet Chili Tai sauce. Fry your wings up however you like and toss in the sauce. We had a certain Tai sauce that was on our list of recipes.

For a sauce very similar to Hooters -
    increase/decrease butter and hot sauce ratio for heat adjustment
    1/2 cup melted butter
    1/2 cup Lousiana Hot Sauce
    2 Tbsp Cattlemens BBQ sauce
    Sprinkle some dried garlic seasoning (McCormicks used to have a roasted garlic seasoning blend that was perfect for this but I can't find it anymore)

Default Re: the chicken wings lovers thread

Buffalo Wild Wings!
    I love the blazing, wild, hot, and honey bbq.

4. Default Re: the chicken wings lovers thread

oh, I forgot my wife's favorite wing recipe from our list.

Marinade wings in beer and a little bit of Louisiana Hot sauce overnight.
    Sweet Naked and Grilled
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup Louisiana Hot sauce
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    tsp roasted/dried garlic seasoning
    Mix ingredients and warm until brown sugar is well dissolved.

Grill Wings. I like to toss the wings in the sauce and put them back on the grill for a few minutes and then remove and toss again in sauce then serve. You could baste them with the sauce or just toss and serve.

Ok.. one more recipe from our list. Cajun Naked and Fried
    Marinade wings overnight in beer, a bit of Hot sauce, and Cajun Seasoning.
    Drain wings the next day... (you may want to pat them dry otherwise it will cause a lot grease splatter)

Sauce
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 1/2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
    Mix ingredients and keep warm.

Once wings are completely dry - Deep fry until done and toss in warm sauce.

Let me know what you think of these 2 recipes if you try them out.

Sak n Go on NE 27th and Kelley. They are just fried wings, but they are some of the best you will ever have.

I love me some wings!

I agree with what has been said about Wing Stop's fries. They are incredible. Their cajun wings are my favorites, BUT those cannot hold a candle to the Caribbean Jerk wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. Those are, IMHO, the best ever. As far as bone in/bone out, I tend to like my wings boneless simply for the convenience factor. Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by absonjourney View Post
    I love me some wings!

I agree with what has been said about Wing Stop's fries. They are incredible. ...Caribbean Jerk wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. Those are, IMHO, the best ever... Great thread!
    Yeah. That!

Pretty much all of BWW are my favorite I guess. Wing Stop's fries are awesome. I think bone in tastes better so I go with those.

BoBo's. Nuff said.

9. Default Re: the chicken wings lovers thread

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    BoBo's. Nuff said.
    I second that if we are talking fried chicken in general. the smoky flavor with fried chicken and the honey poured on top is out of this world! Been about 4 years since the last time I had BoBo's.

Technically, Bobo's chicken is just wings. And my god is it amazing.

11. Default Re: the chicken wings lovers thread

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    Technically, Bobo's chicken is just wings. And my god is it amazing.

They used to have a leg/thigh combo... at least they did in 2001. They used have some sort of fish on the menu as well... but I never tried it.

Also, someone related to Bobos (or a copycat) tried to open a storefront operation in Norman... on the corner of Lindsey and Jenkins... but it didn't last very long.

From what I remember from a few weeks ago, Bobos menu consists of wings n things, shrimp basket, and a catfish basket.

13. Default Re: the chicken wings lovers thread

omg now I'm starving! ugh.. I'm seriously craving some wings about now.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

MadMonk Guest

BWW's Mango Habanero wings are an addiction of mine. I don't really care for Wing Stop's wings and their "blue cheese" dressing is more like ranch than blue cheese, but their fries truly are awesome.

i find it easier to eat boneless, obviously. but the art of eating chicken wings is half the fun i suppose. it always seems like theres less meat on the bone if you dont go boneless.

i went to wingstop today and asked the lady what were the more popular options, she recommended the lemon pepper, and i chose the hawaiian. the latter was so good i devoured them without managing to reach for the ranch sauce she included.

the lemon pepper wasnt exactly what i was expecting, it was overflavoured.

i should have went with the teriyaki. im too afraid to dare the "atomic".

we grill ours at home -- buy the pkg of drummette sections, marinate in hot sauce and/or beer, montreal seasoning blend, whatever spices I can find
    then grill them.
    Serve with celery sticks, carrots, radishes & ranch
    or head country bbq sauce

We intend to grill some this weekend, if the store is not all out of drummettes due to the holiday!

Legacies or Leo's Chicken Wings...Sumter (pronounced "Sumtah"), SC.

18. Default Re: the chicken wings lovers thread

if you've never had the wing's at Earl's BBQ, you are missing out. they are a unique style; i'm guessing dry rubbed, smoked, grilled and then sauced? anyhoo, i don't know how they make them, i just know i like them...

the first two you have you won't be sure, but by the third one, you'll be hooked. i am.

If you just take the flats (as Bdubs calls them) and twist each end you will be able to pull the bones from the meat and then you've basically got a boneless wing. It's a little work, but I like it.

Thread Information