Widgets Magazine

Thread: 2nd & Bryant

Edmond 2nd & Bryant

Any idea what's up with the center where Stein Mart is located?

I was in the Hallmark store a couple of weeks ago and learned they were closing which didn't really surprise me. While I was there a man and woman came in and were asking to see their back room to see how big it was. I thought it was kind of strange.
    Earlier this week I noticed they were tearing up the parking lot near 2nd. Then today we went to eat at Thai Delight but they are gone. A sign on the door says they are moving to 33rd and Broadway and will open in mid July. I called them just to see if they were open yet. Got their voicemail message which said they "had" to move. That will be at least three empty stores in a row because the middle eastern place is still empty too. I didn't notice if the kitchen remodeling place next door to it was still there or not.

Default Re: 2nd & Bryant

Los Arcos and R & L, the kitchen and bath store, are definitely still open, and don't really look like they have plans to close. I would assume someone larger has taken that west facing store front, but is also taking the two north easternmost storefronts as well. So a decent sized store. And it just looks like they are redoing that northernmost parking.

I've heard that Cici's is moving into the space where Hallmark's and some of the other stores were. That would free up Cici's space and perhaps adjacent tenants for redevelopment. Pete has mentioned Whole Foods has an interest in that corner, so perhaps something is in the works for them.

I'll double check on Whole Foods but I was recently told by their broker they have put all OKC expansion plans on hold for some reason, despite their one store absolutely murdering it.

So, pretty darn sure the rumored Norman location is now a dead deal.

What? Say it ain't so about Thai delight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'll double check on Whole Foods but I was recently told by their broker they have put all OKC expansion plans on hold for some reason, despite their one store absolutely murdering it.

So, pretty darn sure the rumored Norman location is now a dead deal.
    This is very disappointing if true.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post
    What? Say it ain't so about Thai delight
    The 2nd and Bryant location was convenient for my wife and I, but they will have a location in the same shopping center as Charleston's at 33rd and Broadway. They have some of the best Thai food in the metro so it will be worth the drive.

Yesterday I was in the shoe repair shop in one of the buildings on the west side of the shopping center and the owners of the shop told me they are having to move since those outbuildings are being torn down. Something is going on at the shopping center.

Pete, have you heard anything else about Whole Foods or perhaps even Trader Joe's having an interest in Edmond?

Today I stopped in the House of Vacuums and the store owner told me he too is having to move out, since he's been told by the shopping center owners they plan on tearing down and rebuilding about a third of the shopping center. After 35 years in that shopping center, he was a little upset that he's going to have to find another location. It will be interesting to see what happens with the shopping center over the next several months.

It interesting that the vacuum place is moving since its on the opposite side of the center as the Thai place.

I'd forgotten that Planet Sub is gone too. I'm not a big fan but when my son was visiting recently he went to get lunch and they were gone. No clue how long they've been gone. I just figured they went out of business. I never. Thought about it being part of something bigger.

11. Default Re: 2nd & Bryant

We used to eat planet sub for a long time. The manager who was great left about a year or so ago to manage the downtown location and the place quickly nosedived as the quality and service disappeared overnight. Its sad because it used to be my go to place.

I talked with a friend of mine who works at Stein Mart, and as far as he knows, they are staying.

I think they are just shuffling around some smaller tenants. None of the big tenants are leaving which means no big names are moving in.

Here is the lease plan (the property is called Bryant Square, BTW):

Yesterday, I spoke again to the owner of House of Vacuums and he said everyone of the outbuildings is being torn down and everything east of Old Navy (South Building)is being torn down. In fact, it looks like they have started some of the demolition on space #26. He mentioned the owners are keeping the bigger tenants, but his store and a number of the smaller stores have been required to move.

Interesting.

They don't own the Chase property so I'm sure that will stay put.

I believe Your Beauty Source is moving their store too.

Thread Information