Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tacos San Pedro

South OKC Tacos San Pedro

With all the hype about taco joints, I'm surprised that TSP hasn't got its own page. Because it is well deserved, if you are a taco lover, you owe it to yourself to make a quick trip to try it for yourselves. I've been eating here for over 20 years, it was one of the first "taco" joints around and the fact of its age should tell you something..... they are serving it up the right and authentic way.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-...taco+san+pedroClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	11848

Default Re: Tacos San Pedro

Thanks for the tip!

Living downtown, it's really easy for me to get to the near southside and I really want to explore some of the restaurants in that area.

My favorite place in the metro. There are competitors like abel's and micro stores like the one next to old Paris and near I-44 on 23rd. But this is the Original Gangster. Family owned and operated. They have drinks like melon and horchaata. Awesome place.

Plus taking the "south side highway" shields boulevard is kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    My favorite place in the metro. There are competitors like abel's and micro stores like the one next to old Paris and near I-44 on 23rd. But this is the Original Gangster. Family owned and operated. They have drinks like melon and horchaata. Awesome place.
    Totally agree IMO they're the best around and we're doing it way before it was cool.

I went last night and then had a complete brain cramp and didn't end up eating there...

I'm suffering from a bad sinus infection which has made me more than a bit foggy but after driving down there, I suddenly panicked thinking they only took cash. (Think I confused it with Tacoville from another thread.)

So rather than waiting in a substantial line then not being able to pay (so my addled mind thought) I just left. I was all amped up to try multiple items so I'll try it again later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I went last night and then had a complete brain cramp and didn't end up eating there...

I'm suffering from a bad sinus infection which has made me more than a bit foggy but after driving down there, I suddenly panicked thinking they only took cash. (Think I confused it with Tacoville from another thread.)

So rather than waiting in a substantial line then not being able to pay (so my addled mind thought) I just left. I was all amped up to try multiple items so I'll try it again later this week.
    Yes Tacoville is cash only, TSP takes both

Take friends because one $5 burrito will leave you impaired. The nachos, while not the most authentic street food, are killer, no melted mess, just a bunch of queso fresco and crema.

Love tacoville. Tried TSP about 18 months ago and there wasn't anything about our meal that had us wanting to go back. Nothing wrong with it but nothing special. After reading the reviews on here though, I will give it a second chance. I really like the taco truck on the north side of SE29th street east of Shields. It sits directly across from the Cat Ballou club. (I have never been in the club though)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Love tacoville. Tried TSP about 18 months ago and there wasn't anything about our meal that had us wanting to go back. Nothing wrong with it but nothing special. After reading the reviews on here though, I will give it a second chance. I really like the taco truck on the north side of SE29th street east of Shields. It sits directly across from the Cat Ballou club. (I have never been in the club though)
    TSP isn't the most consistent restaurant and they definately have their "off" days. It's usually excellent, sometimes it's just good and rarely, it's just "ok". I've found their carne asada to be the most inconsistent, sometimes having a nice char and sometimes having no char at all.

The boyfriend and I go here at least once a month, since it's only a couple of miles away. Great stuff. I'm fairly pedestrian when it comes to authentic Mexican cuisine, usually sticking to either a chicken quesadilla, carne asada tacos, or a carnitas burrito, but these guys do it all very well. Their horchata is quite good too. The employees are friendly and the service is great! The only place that has a better chicken quesadilla, imo, is Taquería el Dolar with their creamy salsa verde - but Taquería el Dolar is just a (more or less stationary) truck so there's no real good place to sit and eat except for in your car.

Thread Information