Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sprint 3g coverage?

Default Sprint 3g coverage?

Think of getting the moto x on republic wireless. (this will be my first smart phone). It runs on sprint service. I have heard sprint 3g sucks. Is it pretty bad in Oklahoma City? What about 4g LTE. I heard it's has just came out. Not sure I want to spend $40 a month for 4g unlimited service. (Well 5GB which I won't come close too) 3g is only priced at $25 a month.

Default Re: Sprint 3g coverage?

its terrible, find another option

Sprint coverage is AWFUL in OKC. I would go with Verizon.

You're probably gonna get shoddy coverage if you're only spending $25-40 on a cellphone bill...but more power to ya!

Yeah Sprint would not be my first choice but how will I beat $25 a month? Straight Talk and T mobile are $45 and up with less data. Also heard those too are not the best either.

6. Default Re: Sprint 3g coverage?

I've had Sprint for years and also had a Sprint Mifi 3G card for at least 4 years.

Its basically the speed of dialup and forget watching streaming video.

Phone coverage is fine for the most part. But they did have to send me a cell phone booster for our new house in east Edmond - even though their map says I should have "good" to "best" coverage at my address. Without the booster you couldn't make a call.

I only have the Mifi because I need it for work. Works okay for email and light surfing.

The 3G on my Iphone 4s is pretty pathetic.

What really irks me is I've been paying a 4G premium for years and we've yet to get the coverage. I don't understand how they get away with that.

I'd switch carriers but I have 4 iPhones and a mifi with unlimited use for only $250 month. I doubt I could beat that.

Can it sometimes be the phone itself. I have had tracfone for 5 years now. Had the 800g and the 840g both my LG. My reception on the 840g which is supposed to be a better phone really sucks. I get no coverage at a thunder game. Can't make a call at all. However on the 800g which friend still has I can make a call. I think it's at&t but not sure.

I have a 4G LTE phone with AT&T and while I can make phone calls at Thunder games, it gets no data coverage in tha dome whatsoever, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Yes I have wanted to go with RW for over a year now but the phone they offered wasn't all that great for the price. Now it will be $99 on Thursday with $19 a month service. I'm going to order it and try their service for 2 months before the Moto X comes out. If I can live with the Defy I'll keep it, if not I'll do the trade in program and get my $99 back and spend $299 for the moto x with $25 a month service.

I had sprint until I moved in house 11 years ago and could not get coverage I have solar shields in my attic so I changed to Alltel which is now Verizon. Go with Verizon still today when company comes over to use there sprint phone they have to step outside.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I have a 4G LTE phone with AT&T and while I can make phone calls at Thunder games, it gets no data coverage in tha dome whatsoever, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    With Verizon you can get data coverage at Thunder games.

12. Default Re: Sprint 3g coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I have a iPhone 4s with AT&T service and I get good data coverage in the Peake. But, at the Fair Saturday night for the America concert I couldn't connect to the net.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    What really irks me is I've been paying a 4G premium for years and we've yet to get the coverage. I don't understand how they get away with that.

I'd switch carriers but I have 4 iPhones and a mifi with unlimited use for only $250 month. I doubt I could beat that.
    Second this. Coverage is spotty at best, even paying a premium for the latest and greatest that we don't even get. Coverage is non-existent outside of most city limits, which is a big problem when traveling. Even on major interstates, we hit deadzones all the time.

The price is great, even with the additional premium data fees tacked on, but I'm counting down til the contract expires. I think the extra cost of another carrier will be worth it.

Funny thing is, I think I had much better reception with my old HTC Hero over the iphone 4s. My wife definitely had better reception with the Hero over her previous EVO or her current EVO 4G.

14. Default Re: Sprint 3g coverage?

Because of spotty Sprint coverage I've had to get my traditional vehicle GPS for fear my phone won't have a signal to power my phone's built-in GPS.

I have had Sprint for years. When I moved down here, everyone I talked to about cell service providers insisted that I would be dumping Sprint soon due to the poor coverage.

I've never had any problems. I travel extensively throughout rural Oklahoma, and I've never had problems with my maps app not working or with dropping calls. My signal is weak at my office, but so is the signal on my coworkers' Verizon and AT&T phones.

I've been with them for years, always hoping it would get better but it simply hasn't, once my contract is up, I am finally gone. Just debating on AT&T or Verizon.

Terrible customer service. Terrible internet and as mentioned by Brian, the lack of 4G is simply pathetic.

Thread Information