Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Rant

Rev. Bob Guest

Default The Rant

If you haven't had a chance to see it, tune into The Rant on KFOR Channel 4 at 10 PM, right before the weather. This is Kevin's 2 cents, only here, he gives the views of the viewers. It's much like Kelly's Your Two Cents.
    Although I prefer Kelly's Two Cents, simpply because it gives his opinion as well as the opinions of his viewers, I still enjoy hearing the opinions from viewers of KFOR.

Patrick Guest

Default Re: The Rant

In my opinion, it's simply copying off of Kelly's Two Cents. I'm sure Kelly and Kevin discussed this. What were they thinking?

Jay Guest

I think the opinions on the Rant are funny because it reflects KFOR's core audience. Which is the Jerry Springer rednecks and trailer park trash that can be found all over this state.

I have no problem with Kelly's 2 cents. I agree with his views 90% of the time.
    I like the fact that he airs the viewers comments that make a direct attack at him. It shows he is intune with the fact not everybody likes his commentary.

In my opinion if you don't like the commentary pick up the remote and change the channel.

I channel hop through the news on 4,5,9. Whats funny is the weather is on every channel at :16 after the hour. Kevin's commentary is before the weather and Kelly's is after the weather. Watch channel 5 for your weather if you don't like commentary.

Overall I think all three do a good job at news coverage. If you watch closely you can see a slant on each channel. 9 is more conservative, 5 is more liberal, 4 leans toward the backwoods yokel point of view.

The one I think is just absoultely awful is 25's news. The stories are always a day old and thier is just too much filler from newscentral. Most of the newscentral stuff I have already heard about from Fox, CNN or PMSNBC.

I like the old format they use have on 25. The coverage was all local and they covered the stories the other three would skip. I especially like Chris Montana when he did his goofy water cooler type stories.

4. Default Re: The Rant

I just like the commercial about Kelly's 2 cents...halarious!

5. Default Re: The Rant

I don't like there 2cents at all, anytime I hear it coming on I change channels knowing the news is over anyway.

It seems to me that we must now rate Kent the smartest of the Ogles, if for no other reason than he has yet to give us evidence that he's a blithering idiot. No one with more than a handful of functioning neurons could read the "Rants" with a straight face, and the "Two Cents" regularly demonstrate the work of less than half whatever that number may be.

Thread Information