Widgets Magazine

Thread: 178th & Penn NW OKC

Default 178th & Penn NW OKC

Does anyone know what is being built in NW OKC on 178th and Penn, straight west of the Life Church Arena?

Default Re: 178th & Penn NW OKC

Everything on the northwest side of that intersection is zoned residential except a small parcel on the very corner.

3. Default Re: 178th & Penn NW OKC

That's exactly where it is- right on the corner. The framework is up for a small building- looks a little too big to be a gas station/convenience store, but a little too small to be a bank.

That will be a convenience store.

Now owed by the same group that operates this Conoco on the SE corner of 150th & Penn. Will probably be the same or very similar:

My wife and I have been debating on whether it would be Conoco (my guess), On Cue, 7-11 (our hope) or some other convenience store. Looks like I was right on the Conoco.

Pete is correct. Will be identical to store at NW 150th and Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    My wife and I have been debating on whether it would be Conoco (my guess), On Cue, 7-11 (our hope) or some other convenience store. Looks like I was right on the Conoco.
    i'd love an OnCue in our area. One thing we don't need is another inefficiently operated, dirty 7-11. I go there daily and I want to kick myself every time I go thru the door. If there was another option as close as 7-11 is I'd never step in that place again!

I mean no offense to the previous poster, but I don't understand why anybody has to go to a gas station DAILY. I probably burn a tank per week, but with the ability to "pay at the pump" which is practically universal, it's probably been months since I have actually been inside one. I can't tell you whether my neighborhood station (which is a 7-11) is dirty or clean. I just don't understand why people make such a big deal one way or another about such a bland commodity as a gas station.

About the only reason I ever go to a 7-11 is the use the ATM which has no fee. I usually am careful about how I punch the buttons though to avoid germs. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I mean no offense to the previous poster, but I don't understand why anybody has to go to a gas station DAILY. I probably burn a tank per week, but with the ability to "pay at the pump" which is practically universal, it's probably been months since I have actually been inside one. I can't tell you whether my neighborhood station (which is a 7-11) is dirty or clean. I just don't understand why people make such a big deal one way or another about such a bland commodity as a gas station.
    Lots of blue collar workers go their daily for snacks/lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Lots of blue collar workers go their daily for snacks/lunch.
    Yep. Quick, cheap, and convenient for me. There's a reason they are called convenience stores. I'd prefer something better, but I don't get to leave work on my lunch break. Some nights I am just too tired to pack a lunch so stopping in and grabbing chips, something to cook in the microwave, and a bottle of soda on my way to work in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    No offense taken! I'm addicted to Diet Coke ...out of the fountain. 7-11 is the closest place to get my fix.

7-11 generally has pretty good gas prices and we can use their ATM's without any fees so we're fans. I generally don't expect much from convenience stores anyway so a little dirt doesn't bother us.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    7-11 generally has pretty good gas prices and we can use their ATM's without any fees so we're fans. I generally don't expect much from convenience stores anyway so a little dirt doesn't bother us.
    Have you never been to an ONCUE or QT?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Have you never been to an ONCUE or QT?
    This ^

Thread Information