Widgets Magazine

Thread: Zaxby's Coming to Moore

Default Zaxby's Coming to Moore

Went to the opening of the Zaxby's in Norman today and a lady from corporate made the announcement that Zaxby's would be building in Moore near The Best Buy. She said there was a plot of land next to GNC along the service road that they would be building on.

Opening scheduled for sometime early 2016.

Default Re: Zaxby's Coming to Moore

this just made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Went to the opening of the Zaxby's in Norman today and a lady from corporate made the announcement that Zaxby's would be building in Moore near The Best Buy. She said there was a plot of land next to GNC along the service road that they would be building on.

Opening scheduled for sometime early 2016.
    Yet another chicken locale.
    chicken-row.JPG

Competing Chicken districts!.. Get the Pluck out of here!

How many more chicken, burger, pizza, taco and sub joints can a city possibly have...smh! Bring something real!

for those of us who grew up going to zaxbys, this is very exciting

Now we just need a Pollo Tropical to come to town

8. Default Re: Zaxby's Coming to Moore

Quote Originally Posted by 94GTStang View Post
    Now we just need a Pollo Tropical to come to town
    Just ate at one in PR this afternoon.. Couldn't agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisok View Post
    Just ate at one in PR this afternoon.. Couldn't agree with you more.
    Puerto Rico? I've had them in south Florida and they are pretty tasty

Zaxby's broke ground right in front of Best Buy. Fencing is up and equipment is moving dirt around.

Zaxby's is officially open. Never saw a press release and the manager said it was a very slow opening. The opening in Norman was way more crowded. Usually when a new restaurant comes to town it's crowded for days... but hearing that Pei Wei and Zaxby's have had very slow openings and people saying, " We had no idea it was opening" makes me wonder if enough is being done to get the opening info out..surely it can be better..

Where in Moore did they build? I've been in Moore several Sundays in recent weeks, but haven't thought to be looking for it and haven't noticed it by chance either.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Where in Moore did they build? I've been in Moore several Sundays in recent weeks, but haven't thought to be looking for it and haven't noticed it by chance either.
    In front of BestBuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    In front of BestBuy
    On that service road with whataburger and the mexican place?

Ahh, the complex south of 19th on the east side interstate frontage rd. No wonder I've missed it.
    Usually keep eyes front on that part of the interstate as it is often not a smooth flow of traffic through that area.

There's another thread about chicken places in Moore, and I wasn't sure if they're joking or not.

This area will have Zaxby's, Cane's, and Chicken express. Not sure if Popeye's or Church's is in the area.

17. Default Re: Zaxby's Coming to Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    There's another thread about chicken places in Moore, and I wasn't sure if they're joking or not.

This area will have Zaxby's, Cane's, and Chicken express. Not sure if Popeye's or Church's is in the area.
    No Popeye's in Moore and I don't think we have a Golden Chick yet but we have just about every other chain... There was/is a Church's at 12th and Santa Fe.... KFC and Grandy's right next to each other at 12th and I-35.

All the others are on 19th street and now Zaxby's in front of the Best Buy........ But why oh why can't we get something as good as Babe's..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    No Popeye's in Moore and I don't think we have a Golden Chick yet but we have just about every other chain... There was/is a Church's at 12th and Santa Fe.... KFC and Grandy's right next to each other at 12th and I-35.

All the others are on 19th street and now Zaxby's in front of the Best Buy........ But why oh why can't we get something as good as Babe's..... lol
    They are fixing to build a Slim Chickens though

Quote Originally Posted by yunome12@yahoo.com View Post
    How many more chicken, burger, pizza, taco and sub joints can a city possibly have...smh! Bring something real!
    They're wondering the same thing in Stillwater where two Zaxby's are under construction. Slim Chickens opened earlier this year. Do college kids love chicken a whole lot?

20. Default Re: Zaxby's Coming to Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    They are fixing to build a Slim Chickens though
    Ummmmm....Yay? .... LOL ..... I've never tried Slim Chickens despite living walking distance from the one on Western for a couple of years...... Problem with the one on Western was it was in the same strip as Pho OKC and if I was walking down there to eat I was eating Vietnamese. ;+)

Do we know the location of the Slim Chickens yet? I'm assuming 19th Street between Telephone and Santa Fe.

Hey...I'm going to be in Moore this weekend to watch Star Wars at your excellent warren theater. Do ya'll know a placer where I could get some chicken? Or perhaps pizza?

22. Default Re: Zaxby's Coming to Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Hey...I'm going to be in Moore this weekend to watch Star Wars at your excellent warren theater. Do ya'll know a placer where I could get some chicken? Or perhaps pizza?
    You won't find a legal chicken or pizza place for miles in Moore.... The city council recently passed a resolution declaring it a chicken and pizza free zone. So the only current options for either in Moore is in seedy back alleys, the black market, and Craigslist.

Thread Information