Widgets Magazine

Thread: Texas Spared?

1. Default Texas Spared?

I was up all night watching the hurricane coverage ( I know... get a life!) but it looks as if Texas ( Houston and Galveston ) weren't hit as hard as expected. I'm so glad.

Scribe, I'm glad your relatives are not having to deal with a direct hit and are safe and sound. They can feel assured that they have a home to return to.
    Now getting home is the issue.

Many people are worried that when the next one hits, people won't evacuate because this one wasn't as bad as anticipated and the evacuation itself was awful. Of course, you have the criticism that now maybe people shouldn't have rushed to evacuate.

If it wasn't for the horrible bus tragedy and gas problems, I think it was the best decision to evacuate - but it's a learning experience. All of this is preparing for future emergencies - can you imagine what would happen with a nationwide terrorist attack? Chemical?

These disasters are preparing the nation for other potential tragedies, but what a terrible mess!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Texas Spared?

I have a friend that lives in Houston and she stayed in Austin to ride out the storm. Her boyfriend has a house in Galveston so I think they both lucked out for the most part. I'll have to talk to her when she gets back home and find out more.

kahloist Guest

There have been many natural disasters in the past few years, maybe mother earth is trying to tell us something.

Just got an e mail from my friend in Houston. The beach house sufferd no major damage.

Thread Information