Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Thunder Store

1. Default The Thunder Store

I got kinda mad a few days ago and wanted to share this with you all.. Not that anyone cares. I am trying not to use my credit cards. That's a good thing. So I take my son down to the Thunder store and was going to buy a couple of hats, a flag, and a car sticker. When i got ready to pay they would not take my personal check. They take credit cards or travelers checks, but they won't take even local personal checks. She said they weren't set up to take them. That doesn't make sense to me. I live in Oklahoma City, this is an Oklahoma City team, and they won't take my Oklahoma City check. So we just put all the stuff back, and went to Academy and bought the hats for $5.00 cheaper for each hat and they would take my check.They didn't have the flag or the sticker, but getting my son the hat was the most important part. The Thunder store is only open Monday-Friday till 6:00pm, and isn't open week-ends, and they won't take local checks. Needless to say I won't be shopping much there. Clay Bennett needs to make the store more customer friendly.
    Maybe they could also open some outlet stores NW and SW that are open more hours at least here in the beginning.

Default Re: The Thunder Store

You should really get a debit card

3. Default Re: The Thunder Store

While I agree with Easy180 about the debit card, it is absurd that they wouldn't take your check. They easily took my check when I put down my deposit for season tickets tonight.

4. Default Re: The Thunder Store

I don't write that many checks, but all retail stores take checks. I haven't run across one that doesn't until now.

It said the clerk just said they were not yet set up to take them. I'm sure they are working on it no need to get all bent out of shape yet....

For some reason I have the image of a giant novelty check made out to "Thunder" for the price of a hat and a t-shirt.
    Thats pretty much the only times I see checks anymore, everything is direct deposit and debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    I don't write that many checks, but all retail stores take checks. I haven't run across one that doesn't until now.
    I work at a local retail store and we've never taken checks for instant retail items. Of course, we're independently owned, so we have our own rules of operation. If we were part of the national chain the case may be different.

8. Default Re: The Thunder Store

If they said they aren't set up for it, that's perfectly legitimate. Retail stores have to run their checks through a phone or internet system to get approval.

SoonerQueen, 2008 called and told me to tell you that you need to get a debit card because few merchants still accept checks.

10. Default Re: The Thunder Store

oh stop picking on SoonerQueen...it's silly for a local company to not to take a local check.

But, I have to add, I think I've written about 3 checks this year. My Debit card is my friend.

Speaking of Thunder Wear, my shirts are still backordered!

I tried to just cancel them and go to Academy but no one will respond. I'm tired of waiting.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

11. Default Re: The Thunder Store

What's a "check"?

Those sound neat!

I dropped $87 on Thunderwear at the store, shortly after the press conference last Wendesday, then went to Academy the following day -to see Desmond Mason, Academy had the same gear for $8 less (per shirt) --do it up!

I'm not sure if they take checks ?

14. Default Re: The Thunder Store

Did my part this morning and picked up some stuff!

The navy blue stuff looks great with the logo, especially on the hat.

15. Default Re: The Thunder Store

My mom refuses to provide for me like a loving mother should so I have yet to purchase any thunder gear

16. Default Re: The Thunder Store

Quote Originally Posted by LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08 View Post
    My mom refuses to provide for me like a loving mother should so I have yet to purchase any thunder gear
    Is your hair wet today?

17. Default Re: The Thunder Store

no mr. ignorant im inside my house

18. Default Re: The Thunder Store

no mr. ignorant im inside my house
    Oh...So your mom is paying the mortgage to keep you from living on the street...Just checking.

19. Default Re: The Thunder Store

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Oh...So your mom is paying the mortgage to keep you from living on the street...Just checking.
    she never gives me any money she spends it all on herself

20. Default Re: The Thunder Store

she never gives me any money she spends it all on herself
    And the roof over your head. Keeps you out of the rain.

21. Default Re: The Thunder Store

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    And the roof over your head. Keeps you out of the rain.
    o now i see where your going.... But still would it hurt her to throw me $50 so I could go pick up my thunder clothes

22. Default Re: The Thunder Store

o now i see where your going.... But still would it hurt her to throw me $50 so I could go pick up my thunder clothes

If your a good little boy maybe Santa will bring you some.

24. Default Re: The Thunder Store

What happened to Burger King?

25. Default Re: The Thunder Store

They weren't grippin' the skilla to front his orundu.

Or so I heard.

Thread Information