Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEAST favorite news team

1. Default LEAST favorite news team

We have had our favorite news teams, now how about turning that around. Who are your least favorite reporters and/or anchors (past and present)

Mine. Linda Cavanaugh and the Barrys. Linda is too hokey sometimes ("well ya know" and "ya betcha" are her taglines), the Barrys are just plain bad.

Keith Guest

Default Re: LEAST favorite news team

I would have to agree with mranderson on this one. I can't handle Linda Cavanaugh, I can't stand Mike Morgan, and Bob Barry Sr. looks like if he gets too excited he will croak right on the set.

Most of the reporters I see do a decent job, however, some of the female reporters need to learn that when they are reporting and it is windy, they need to put their long hair in a pony tail or pin it up somehow. I can't stand to see a female reporter pushing her hair back every 5 seconds, trying to get it out of her face, when she is doing a live report.

Patrick Guest

Well, I shouldn't say this because he's my Sunday School teacher, but I really don't care for Kelly Ogle's opinions. I just wish he'd just report the news...sometimes he tends to slant his views. Also Angela Buckelew really annoys me.....she needs to dye her hair blonde. It would fit her personality well.

Channel 4 should be sponsored by Botox and AARP. They are all OLD. Bring in some new blood!

Channel 4's strength is their friendliness toward each other, on the air. All of these people have zero personality off the air. Of course, many people on tv seem different off the air, but the Channel 4 gang is the all-time phoniest group of grumpy, unfriendly folk off the air.

New opinion: since school has been out..

(2 days of only one job Hallelujah!)

..I've discovered what happens on the TV when I'm normally otherwise occupied. Fox has to have the most atrocious newscast I've ever seen. Very little actual new material in their newscast. Most of their entire broadcast seems to be VOSOT's (voice over sound on tape) of stuff that they've downloaded from the network. When they do (rarely) have an original package or story that relates to Oklahoma, it is usually made up of a lot of irrelevant and sometimes old file footage.. In other words, they are understaffed and cheap!

A few months ago, however, I did see something which I thought was hilarious -- worst case of outdated file footage ever -- Channel 9 was talking about something that was happening at the Capitol, and the footage to go along with it? Our state capitol... sans-dome!

I think they have since corrected that mistake, but I got a kick out of it.

Jack Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardEll
    Channel 4's strength is their friendliness toward each other, on the air. All of these people have zero personality off the air. Of course, many people on tv seem different off the air, but the Channel 4 gang is the all-time phoniest group of grumpy, unfriendly folk off the air.
    Yeah, that Meg Alexander is quite a ditsy blonde. At least Robin Marsh has some common sense.

Jack, that's unfair. All either of them do is read from a teleprompter and think up snazzy segways. I frequent a lot of the places where reporters go to do standups (the OKC courthouse, the Jail, the State Capitol) on a regular basis -- and I don't see either of them out and about. Unless they're producing (fat chance), I wonder what it is that they do all day when not reading from a teleprompter?

Jack Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    Jack, that's unfair. All either of them do is read from a teleprompter and think up snazzy segways. I frequent a lot of the places where reporters go to do standups (the OKC courthouse, the Jail, the State Capitol) on a regular basis -- and I don't see either of them out and about. Unless they're producing (fat chance), I wonder what it is that they do all day when not reading from a teleprompter?
    What's unfair about saying that Meg Alexander acts ditsy? That's how she acts.

Is she even a real blonde?

Television news is suffering from lack of credibility, eroding audiences, at least broadcast management which is becoming fed up with these fools...look at all of the layoffs in recent years...

More and more of the shows are being produced and taped at a national level with only minimal local operations. Fox, for example -- they don't even have a local weather person.

Rick Mitchell looks good and sounds good....Gary England has charm and charisma...

Amy McRee has energy and enthusiasm...

Channel 4 was never the same after George Tomek left... a long string of male co-anchors working with Linda Cavanaugh...

16. Default Re: LEAST favorite news team

Man, I hate to say this publicly, but around my house, we call Linda Cavanaugh "Chicken Woman" ... think about it ... pluck, pluck, pluck aren't really good words to sound like a chicken cackling but it's as good as I know how.

As far as any "My 2 cents" and similar opinion stuff, who cares? "News" has not been big on local television for many years now, and unless there's something I already know about that would be coming up, I generally skip local news. About the only one that has high credibility marks from me is OETA.

17. Default Re: LEAST favorite news team

November sweeps are over and all the news stations are finding ways to express how good they are. I noticed an ad on KFOR that makes it sound like they're the best, not only locally, but in the nation! I can't read the fine print on the screen. It looks like Nielsen Ratings though.

Does anyone out there have access to those ratings to tell us who ranks where in the different time slots for local news? KOCO tells us they're #1 at 5pm, and the fastest growing at 6pm. KWTV tells us they're #1 at 10pm every night. I just wonder how far apart the ratings are.

Thanks

18. Talking Re: LEAST favorite news team

Amy McRee has energy and enthusiasm...
    Among MANY other things..... :boff:

Mmmm.....Amy McRee

19. Default Re: LEAST favorite news team

I don't care for Scott Hines on KFOR...I think it's his droopy eyelids, but I think he looks stoned. Never mind that he tends to bumble through his report.

And how do you know this?

(I ask only for information...)

Most of our local news stations don't really report news. The boondoggles of OCURA, the fake Crosstown emergency, things like that -- those are news. Someone has a car wreck, a set of twins, someone shoots someone else, etc.. not news.

I'd say #4 is the worst, but they're all pretty bad.

~~*DarlingDiva*~~ Guest

Ok I have to jump in here too,I know this is for the News Team.I really don't have issues with the Anchors But oh My GAWD ACK!!!!I cannot STAND Rick Mitchell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you have a personality conflict with Mr. Mitchell, or did he refuse to wear a g-string to one of your "passion parties" or hit you over the head with one of those dildoes you sell at the parties...?

you know the words of wisdom...

get a life...

Unplug the TV

~~*DarlingDiva*~~ Guest

Hey ED,

You know what,I do not even know you.Who the hell are you to disrespect me like that.I gave my opinion about Rick Mitchell and I am allowed that.You do not know me you have no right to talk to me that way.I really don't appreciate what you have started here.I think you are definitely the one who needs to get a life.Dam,What is your problem???
    DD

Thread Information