Widgets Magazine

Thread: LA Dodgers game to be radio broadcast in OKC

Default LA Dodgers game to be radio broadcast in OKC

Media notes: KGHM-AM 1340 and KTOK-AM 1000 are carrying Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasts for the first time | News OK
    The Oklahoma City Dodgers aren’t the only Dodgers franchise with broadcasts in the metro this season. KGHM-AM 1340 and KTOK-AM 1000, from iHeart Media, are combining to carry 143 Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasts.

Legendary broadcaster Vin Scully, 87, who has broadcast Dodgers games since 1950, broadcasts the first three innings for home games and a few road games on radio. Charley Steiner, former ESPN announcer; Rick Monday, a former Cubs and Dodgers outfielder; and Kevin Kennedy, a former Rangers and Red Sox manager, are also on the broadcasts.

Default Re: LA Dodgers game to be radio broadcast in OKC

As much as lots of people hate the Dodgers name, this type of synergy and the ability to share a fan base with LA is one of the reasons I like it so much...

This is great! I've always bought MLB Gameday Audio - but this is great to build a good relationship with fans and their parent team.
    It's hard to beat the Dodger brand. This was a great deal all the way around.

Have our (OKC) Dodgers announced a radio affiliate yet? There's nothing on the team website except for online feed info.

Meh,Cards fan so I would be happy if they were the parent club instead of the Dodgers. The Dodgers should have their farm team out west somewhere. This is Cardinal Country!

As a lifelong Dodger fan, I am very excited by this! I'm excited about baseball in OKC for the first time in a long time. The addition of the radio broadcasts of the parent team is just an extra bonus.

Thread Information