Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Occupy OKC Prostest the I40 crosstown opening

Default Occupy OKC Prostest the I40 crosstown opening

Occupy OKC Prostest the opening and they member Jay got involved with OHP which side are you on Occupy OKC or OHP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lYb-on9LG0

Default Re: Occupy OKC Prostest the I40 crosstown opening

What a douche, pardon, but that wouldn't have been a big deal had he not been an officer. You don't come into my work and wave your wand in my face. Sorry, but Mr. Occupy would get it from me. I side with the officer and he did the right thing!

I understand that there are people out there that are suffering from the economy and unemployment but why do alot of the occupy protesters look like grungy,dirty people with cornrolls and I'm also wonderin' how many jobs these people have or have applied too or if they are trying to get jobs,there not going to get hired looking like the Curt Cobain posse'!These people have the right to protest anything they want,but I'm on the officers side on this one.I also think alot of these protesters are just lost and see this as the hip thing to do,kinda like what their parents did in the sixties!

and Jay the guy in the video was on news 9 last night and he say he might press a lawsuit over the officers

People like Jay make me want to hug my kids and thank God. What an imbecile.

While I don't think the officer should have done that, that Jay dude is a prick and wanted to get a reaction.

that Jay dude got arrested at walmart during the Occupy Protest

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    I understand that there are people out there that are suffering from the economy and unemployment but why do alot of the occupy protesters look like grungy,dirty people with cornrolls and I'm also wonderin' how many jobs these people have or have applied too or if they are trying to get jobs,there not going to get hired looking like the Curt Cobain posse'!These people have the right to protest anything they want,but I'm on the officers side on this one.I also think alot of these protesters are just lost and see this as the hip thing to do,kinda like what their parents did in the sixties!
    There's something wrong with a society that thinks the clothes I choose matter. If you can't see my dangly bits who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by HewenttoJared View Post
    There's something wrong with a society that thinks the clothes I choose matter. If you can't see my dangly bits who cares?
    There's something wrong with a society that only finds fault with what you have, and not the fact this idiot was just trying to extend his 15 minutes.

after that i been reading some of the comments on Occupy OKC Facebook page and some of the members are upset that that what Jay Did but they are hoping that the police officer get fired from the job

the video would have been better if the loser had gotten tased.... or maybe had some sense beaten into him.

really? it was the middle of the day....why weren't these people at work? and what is there to protest about a new road opening? how is that designed to benefit the rich and famous or whoever these idiots are protesting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEHNR...eature=related
    this is part 2 of the video where they tell the OHP that they will sue them and see them in court

they file a lawsuit against the city about them getting kick out of the kerr park and they lost so chance of them winning is very slim

O jeesh was that kumbaya i heard in the background?
    Whats really funny is these libtard hippie wanna bes actually thinking they are making a difference.

I believe the officer was out of line to reach out and slap the phone from the hand. He dinna have near the restraint of the other officer, who was running his own cell right back at the fella. I thought that was a humorous way to handle the bored young man.

I have to give credit for those officers. Except for the one guy knocking the camera/phone out of that guys hand they showed incredible control I would have shot the annoying little twit myself.

Wish these "protestors" had jobs so I could walk around filming them and trolling for a response. Don't fault the Trooper at all. While law enforcement is a service for the public, doesn't mean you should have to allow these Occupy idiots to walk all over you. You go looking for a response and actively agitating a person, then you should not have any ground to stand on when you get the response you provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I believe the officer was out of line to reach out and slap the phone from the hand. He dinna have near the restraint of the other officer, who was running his own cell right back at the fella. I thought that was a humorous way to handle the bored young man.
    You're exactly right. And did you notice that he waited until his partner had stopped filming and was having to start another file before he made his move? I'd love to ask these officers, "When you come upon a disturbance, who do you arrest...the person being annoying or the first one who got physical?" Of course, they arrest the person who lost their cool and threw the first punch. That officer got played like a fiddle by those protesters. He should have been smart enough to realize that if a person is trying to annoy you...AND THEY HAVE SOMEONE ELSE FILMING THE CONFRONTATION...how you behave will come to symbolize you and the organization you're representing at the time.

19. Default Re: Occupy OKC Prostest the I40 crosstown opening

I don't like the Occupier's one bit and don't support their cause. I do however support their right to be annoying (imagine that). The officer who took a swipe at the civilian was way out of line. I've had officers do much less to me and been found at fault after an internal investigation. On the other hand I don't go provoking police - regardless, many seem to not be able to resist the opportunity to make asses of themselves.

And, being a public servant like OHP DOES mean you occasionally have to put up with annoying people who are acting within the law.

Emotions aside - the protester was acting within the law and the officer was not. Was the officer played? Absolutely. Does it really make a difference? No.

The idiot showed up for one reason only, to create a disturbance and get a reaction from the authority's, he did it and got what he deserved.

Some claim the OHP should have shown more restraint, BS. Like the saying goes "you can't fix stupid".

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    ... Like the saying goes "you can't fix stupid".
    Once can apply that to the trooper equally well. The black jacket wearing young man was an annoyance, a bore, something of an immature twit really (My individual opinion based solely on that youtube footage and another one or two I saw there.)

The trooper on the other hand is a professional LEO, who ignored his professionalism and reached out and slapped a phone from a civilian's hand, then subsequently tried to justify it as the bore was in his personal space holding something that might injure him.

BS, pure and simple. He lost his cool, and let his cool stay lost.

Clearly he ought not lose his job over something so minor, but you don't have professionals act this way and leave it at the bore had it coming. Had it coming might be how one resolves an issue between two civilians. Officers however are, and should be, held to a higher standard than lose their composure, slap a phone out of the hand and act as though the civilian standing there was at fault for the unprofessional behavior.

Frankly, I'd be satisfied with a brief counseling, a don't expect to see only a note in your jacket if it happens again, a brief note re the counseling and then go on down the road. Oh, and someone likely owes the bore a telephone or something of value, if it was in fact damaged or its value diminished.

22. Default Re: Occupy OKC Prostest the I40 crosstown opening

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Once can apply that to the trooper equally well. The black jacket wearing young man was an annoyance, a bore, something of an immature twit really (My individual opinion based solely on that youtube footage and another one or two I saw there.)

The trooper on the other hand is a professional LEO, who ignored his professionalism and reached out and slapped a phone from a civilian's hand, then subsequently tried to justify it as the bore was in his personal space holding something that might injure him.

BS, pure and simple. He lost his cool, and let his cool stay lost.

Clearly he ought not lose his job over something so minor, but you don't have professionals act this way and leave it at the bore had it coming. Had it coming might be how one resolves an issue between two civilians. Officers however are, and should be, held to a higher standard than lose their composure, slap a phone out of the hand and act as though the civilian standing there was at fault for the unprofessional behavior.

Frankly, I'd be satisfied with a brief counseling, a don't expect to see only a note in your jacket if it happens again, a brief note re the counseling and then go on down the road. Oh, and someone likely owes the bore a telephone or something of value, if it was in fact damaged or its value diminished.
    Agree 110%.

I understand where RCjunkie is coming from and that is my knee jerk reaction too. But, you can't ignore the plain and simple fact that one acted legally and the other did not. The simple truth is, people have every right to go show up at events such as these and act in a way that they know will get a reaction.

[QUOTE=BBatesokc;497187]Agree 110%.

I understand where RCjunkie is coming from and that is my knee jerk reaction too. But, you can't ignore the plain and simple fact that one acted legally and the other did not. The simple truth is, people have every right to go show up at events such as these and act in a way that they know will get a reaction.[/QUOTE]

How sad that this is accepted behavior!!!!!

24. Default Re: Occupy OKC Prostest the I40 crosstown opening

The OHP officer committed an act of destruction of personal property. I believe he should get into serious trouble for that (hopefully fired). How ironic will it be when that same officer join the Occupy OKC group after his firing.

Anyway, I've only seen half of the video. Its too slow and boring. Btw, the real stars in the video is the Devon Tower (Ta Da!) and the up-close shots of the bridge/wall design, which is quite lovely. That's all I love about the video.

Thunder was the Jay guy asking the officer for his name. LOL

Thread Information