Widgets Magazine

Thread: Stan Silliman

Default Stan Silliman

If this has been posted already and I somehow missed it, my apologies but I just saw this news...

I began the day in tears upon learning of local comedian Stan Silliman’s death. His family started a GoFundMe page, which I wrote about in the most recent Oklahoma Gazette, in hopes of treating his rare and debilitating spinal cancer.

Stan’s career in stand-up comedy began sometime in the ’80s. I saw him perform on several occasions and, through the great benefit of my current position, even judged him in a few competitions this past year (as if I were somehow qualified to critique a comic whose career was older than I was). Stan was doing stand-up in this city as recently as June, if not later. It was always a special moment when he was on the stage.

Stan’s daughter tweeted this picture to me four days ago, shortly after the article’s publication. It was a priority for me to not write Stan’s story as if it were his obituary, even as it became more clear that it might be. Though it took great effort for him speak with me from his hospital bed, I felt it was important that he be quoted in the story. I could tell it was important to him as well.

My greatest hope is that the story may have brought Stan and his family some kind of peace.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Default Re: Stan Silliman

Oh no!!

Stan was just the nicest and kindest of people. I met him several times, as he frequented OKCTalk get-togethers.

So very sorry to hear this news and my thoughts go out to his family. Stan was one of the good guys.

He was a really nice guy and poster on this site. I met him at the OKCTalk get-together at Slaughter's Hall. RIP.

Blog Entries

Our condolences to the family of Stan Stillman.

Our hearts are saddened by your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Met Stan for the first time at our OKCTalk gathering at Slaughter's Hall. It was refreshing to meet him after reading many of his posts on OKCTalk.

We have truly lost a jewel of a writer & comedian. May God rest your soul, Stan--you were among OKC's very best.

Great guy. We went to school together. He will be missed on OKC Talk.
    RIP Stan.

6. Default Re: Stan Silliman

OKC Comedy posted this event on FB today..... https://www.facebook.com/events/1222475837818277/

Thread Information